Masters Running

Boston Get Together? (Read 104 times)

Hi All !
    I haven't been posting here in a while but when I run Boston one of the highlights of my trip is meeting my old "imaginery" CR, RA & KR friends who got me started on this crazy running obsession Smile
    I look forward to seeing everyone & this year I won't be late...

Peter, thanks for remembering the few of us left on RA.  I don't know how much longer I'll stick around there; today we're looking at Justin Bieber's Girlfriend ads (it's a cologne.).

New skirt in town

For Facebook users:  you can RSVP to the parTAY here!  https://www.facebook.com/events/122681591260800/

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Henrun

we were at a pub drinking sam adams 26.2 and the waitress GAVE us two glasses - the route is on one side (hard to see) and 26.2 on the other.  needless to say she got a MAJOR tip!  see you all in one week!!!

marj

New skirt in town

NICE!  I love those cups!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Well it looks like I'm zero for three after all... just canceled all my plans to drive up for the weekend, been sick for close to a week with this head cold/sinus/cough thing already. Exhausted and bone-weary achiness too (though no fever), so an odd flu sort of thing, I guess... anyway, as much as I was SO looking forward to finally meeting everyone this year, I'm going to have to pass, once again. Plus it wouldn't be fair to those running, to expose you to my germs the day before The Big Race. So everyone, have a WONDERFUL time at the Par-TAY... and rock that marathon!! Smile

coastwalker

Like OM, I am very disappointed because I am going to have to miss the party on Sunday too. It is a simple matter of having far too much to do in far too little time: I'm leaving early next Tuesday for a trade conference, and the list of things I have to do before then is too long for me to be able to go to Boston on Sunday and still get just the critical tasks checked off. So have a greta time on Sunday, take (and post) lots of photos, and have a beer for me.

I'll be a gatekeeper at one of the corals on Monday morning, but won't know which one till I get there. So I'll keep an eye out for you all, and if you see a guy with a grey beard, it's OK to say "hi."

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I'll be a gatekeeper at one of the corals on Monday morning, but won't know which one till I get there. So I'll keep an eye out for you all, and if you see a guy with a grey beard, it's OK to say "hi."

Jay

Sorry you are missing the party too Jay Sad  but very cool that you will be on human chains this year!!  A huge group of my MVS friends man the lines and I have been there with them the last 3 or 4 years in a row!!  I'll be looking for you when wave 3 gets to the corrals!!

denise

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

I was hoping I wouldn't have to say this - but it looks like I'm going to be a DNS for Boston this year.

I've had a massisve chest cold for the past week, and I can't breathe freely at all.  I thought that it might clear up in time, but it's still down deep in my lungs.  I can't run like this.  I had to cancel the hotel reservation, and won't be able to make it.  I'm so bummed.

Good luck to all.  Sorry I won't be there in person.

Tramps

So sorry to hear this, PBJ.  I hope you feel better soon.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Good luck to all  RA Boston runners!!!

We are so very proud of you!

Getting to Boston is not easy and YOU  made it!

Cherish each moment!

Sorry to hear that you won't make it there PBJ! I know many folks were looking forward to meet you.

Enjoy Robin's party!

and please be generous with pictures!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

New skirt in town

Oh, dearie, everyone's dropping like flies!

Jay--I know what it's like to be over scheduled.  Do I!  We'll keep an eye out for you at the start!

PBJ--feel better!  What lousy timing for a cold to set up shop.

OM--We are saving a spot for you next year and will get you here by hook or by crook!!

--Robin

I look my best blurry!

So great to meet some of you today!  I struggle to get on RA with the degree of frequency I'm on FB.  Would love to see you there too! Best of luck runners!

Kristen Suvick

AND THANK YOU ROBIN FOR ORGANIZING SUCH A NICE GET TOGETHER!  Have a great run and awesome trip with your family!

bhearn

Thanks, Robin!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Oh, dearie, everyone's dropping like flies!

Jay--I know what it's like to be over scheduled.  Do I!  We'll keep an eye out for you at the start!

PBJ--feel better!  What lousy timing for a cold to set up shop.

OM--We are saving a spot for you next year and will get you here by hook or by crook!!

--Robin

I'm gonna go with "good timing" on this one.

I desperately want some normalcy.  I just signed up for the New Jersey Liberty marathon - i really feel like I need to do this...

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I'm gonna go with "good timing" on this one.

I desperately want some normalcy.  I just signed up for the New Jersey Liberty marathon - i really feel like I need to do this...

+1 on the normalcy thing. Yes, I do hope to be there next year, hopefully running it too!

PBJ, that NJ Liberty race is right in my area (MrOM works in Jersey City) but unfortunately we'll be away then on a family vacation. Would've loved to come out and cheer for you!