Masters Running

December 26 Runs and Sugar Crashes (Read 480 times)

TammyinGP

Hi Everyone! Haven't been able to pop in for the past 3 or 4 days as things just get too busy around here and I don't log on the computer much at home, but as luck would have it, I popped in today and was pleased to see not one but two replies from Timbo! Good luck on the job prospect. Just make sure when he makes you that offer that you get in your Newport vacation time, k? I hope everyone had a nice Christmas or just a few nice relaxing days if you are not of the Christmas persuasion. We had a most delectable brunch at our place yesterday. Oh, how I love brunches! The best food and it's early enough in the day that I don't feel miserably stuffed when I'm still getting ready to go to bed for the evening. Since our son is the only child for Christmas, we all have fun watching him open his presents and get excited. His exuberance and joy definitely makes up for the lack of children.  I was able to get in a Christmas Eve run with Laura for 6 miles, but then nothing today or yesterday. I'm hoping to get in a longer run tomorrow sometime. I thought I'd try out this big long paragraph posting too because I know how much Timbo likes it. {grins}  Tonight we are going to see a play, It's a Wonderful Life. Sort of our family Christmas tradition - going to see whatever Christmas production the local playhouse is doing. Have a nice rest of your evening everyone!

Tammy

Mariposai

Three miles this early morning in 10f weather. Two tights, three shirts, one coat, two gloves, two hats and a neck warmer kept me warm enough during this short run.

In Seattle now for the weekend. Downtonw Seattle is so beautiful in the evenings.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Drat  Posi is in Seattle and I am in Sacramento    It is great to see Tim posting.  news sounds like it will probably be   hope everyone survived boxing day.  Eliz,  what a cool save.

I've been eating too much and my parents eat like I used to, lots of "comfort food" (not how I usually do now)  so I went out for a peaceful 15 mile run on the trails around here to attempt to work just a little of it off.  Here till Monday afternoon,  then a week of working days then I figure out how I need to train to survive Bataan.

Happy Holidays all.

Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

double drat being here

54 degrees and sunny afternoon should entice her out for a run..

===========

?End Of the Decade Marathon  (26.2-WA)?

Posie sneak attack?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

6 miles today at about 3F... a little colder at the bottom of the hill but not bad. What I wasn't ready for was the new snow out there! ugh.. like running up sand dunes. I wore fewer layers than Mariposai, and still overheated quite a bit.
            SteveP

TimBo, Your post rocks!

Friday, we had freezing rain, so the dog and I went down a hilly road that is plowed, but doesn't get salt or sand. I took a sled for the down hills again. What a riot!!! Tag was way ahead. When a belly flopped onto the sled for a down hill, Tag turned to come after me. With the rain and ice, his legs went out from under him and he fell on his Taggie butt. As it was freezing rain, we kept it to a few miles.

Today, we went further down the same road and came up on sign indicating we were nearing goverment property with restricted access and that we should turn around now. I've seen enough cartoons to know that if we went further, we could have a lot of fun. However, we were due to get back and we did.

SteveP

Hi Tammy.   I hope to run the Pear Blossom 5K on Apr. 10.   Are there any 10 K races down your way this spring?  I am hoping to extend my race length this year to include more 10 Ks.

Tet, Nancy loves sneak races, as do I, and might just show up at any race at any time.  

Divechief   Bataan!   Talk to Econo about  Macau.

BTW, I am looking for a fast old guy to run in the Couples Race in Eugene in Feb. with me.   What I have to offer is 70 yrs, and what they do is add ages for the age categories.  Can't believe I said that!    :- )

Out to the woods to run today before the rain starts. 

It was fun catching up w/ everyone!

Tim, I wish you the best w/ that job; I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Steve, your tales (or is it tails?)are always fun

Eliz, what an adventure!  You're a trooper!

WoodsLady, anyone would be honored to run w/ you.

Mariposai, brrrr!  I don't think I've run in anything below 20 degrees, so I can't comment on all those clothes!

Hope everyone had a great  Christmas. Sounds as though it's cold everywhere.  Since I've been off all week (and next week too) I'm trying to ramp up the miles before the big end of year countdown!  My slowest and shortest run was today. A mere 3 miler. But yesterday, you see, DH and I went to eat at Olive Garden, followed by movie and computer shopping and at 10 pm last night I decided to finish off the remaining 1/2 of the pizza I'd ordered.  I knew it'd be a mistake in the morning, but it sure was good going down. 

Good luck on everyone's scramble to the finish for 2009!  

Helen