Masters Running

Tuesday, 24 July 2012 (Read 500 times)

Opie happy birthday!  I hope you have a great day and year ahead.

RE:  wildchild this is a general warning to all RA readers!  If you are ever running with wildchild do not, I repeat do not, let her pick the route!  Take a look at the elevation profile in her post this past Saturday!  Shocked  You have been warned!

Tramps that sounds way more than painful!  How awful.

rhoon phast I have one set of initials for you DEET.

I ran 14 today.  I am so bummed!  I made it past horde after horde of zombies.  Then with about a quarter mile to go up the last hill to my house (a very steep one!) I get ambushed by a final horde!  Really it is not fair!  Zombies apparently do not care about hills. Angry  I ran as fast as I could, where "could" should account for having already gone about 14 miles and having successful run several zombielecks already, and no dice.  Caught!  That means my avatar has to suffer as a zombie for a couple of days.  On the good news front I figured out how to get Zombies, Run! to play songs off of my cell phone!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

I haven't run so I don't feel justified in posting. 

Oh come on - you know you don't have to run to post around here!  Staying on-topic is NOT a requirement with this group.....Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

My DH tried to take out a wasp's nest that was embedded into some rockery in our yard using a wipper snipper. 

Okay, I admit - I have no idea what you just said.

Mary - after moving your mom, I suggest you celebrate National Tequila Day in style....

Deez - Happy 30th Anniversary!

Opie - Happy Birthday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

OK this is weird.. I've been too busy with life to even lurk but today I decided to read the posts. Must be an RA summons...

Anyway, been running and running for the past 707 days straight. Ran a 10K last Saturday which I thought was a good time of 48:13 but that put me 9th/19 in 50-59AG. Lots of fast old farts around here Smile

Today's early morning steamy, why the heck is it 81 degrees at 5 am, run was nice along the Clinton River trail.  In the dim light a Great Blue Heron flew over and did his pterodactyl cry.  Lots of rabbits darting off the path too.  Cooler weather tomorrow.

TRAMPS!  Yikes. and I worry about deer flies.  But you know the saying, "sting me once shame on you...." Glad you warned Tribee.

Wildchild's routes are... well.... WILD!

Mari...... a Tequila cheers!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

King of PhotoShop

Perch, you got hosed by the decade age group. Nice race.  Spareribs

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Perch, you got hosed by the decade age group. Nice race.  Spareribs

That's right. I would have been 3rd in the 55-59 AG. Wait til next year!!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

...tramps//.......slap some moistened (read that SPIT) tobacco on a wasp sting, quickest way to fix it......

When I was a kid, an aunt did this to me.  Yep, it worked!

I gotta get in and get out as I'm getting (at least trying) my act together to leave Thursday.  4 slow miles this a.m.  Tomorrow 5, then I'm done 'til Saturday.  Suppose to run some miles Thursday, but I'm leaving around 5:00 a.m., so I ain't gettin' up at 3:00 to run. Smile 

I posted this last week, but just in case any of you are interested checking on my progress Saturday, supposedly (if I set things up right) you can do it via my facebook page, nspirelive, and Twitter (although I have absolutely no idea how to use Twitter).  It's the Mt. Hood 50.  There's a 13-hour time limit for the race since I'm taking the early start (5:30 a.m.).  I have no grand goals except make the cutoffs and finish uninjured.  Puking or pooping is optional. Wink

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good luck, Leslie! Thanks again for the birthday wishes. We saw The Amazing Spider-Man and went out with my side of the family to Genghis Grill.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

I posted this last week, but just in case any of you are interested checking on my progress Saturday, supposedly (if I set things up right) you can do it via my facebook page, nspirelive, and Twitter (although I have absolutely no idea how to use Twitter).  It's the Mt. Hood 50.  There's a 13-hour time limit for the race since I'm taking the early start (5:30 a.m.).  I have no grand goals except make the cutoffs and finish uninjured.  Puking or pooping is optional. Wink

Leslie - this cracked me up!

Tramps – Ouch!  That was nice to go back to warn your wife about the pests.

I just got back from an impromptu run, almost 2.5 miles.  I’ll call it my 35 minute tempo run.  I rode out to the garden with DH and got done picking stuff way before he was done watering.  I had my old running shoes on, but no Garmin and no music, eek!  I counted my breathing/strides to keep myself going.  It was super hot out there at 6 pm.  Part on gravel, then under the interstate to get back to town, not my usual route.  My plan was to run later when it cooled off, but I don’t know if that would have happened, so I am happy with that.

I ran around our lake last Friday with a family friend whose family lived next to us for about 40 years.  She’s ten years older than I and started running about  6 years ago.  She actually used to be my babysitter way back when.  Now when she comes here to visit, we always go running.  It was fun to entertain her and spend some time catching up.  She’s a small town girl who made it big her career.  She’s the Chief Librarian of all the libraries in Washington, D.C. right now.  She thinks she’s the slowest runner in the world, but I still think I am!

I enjoyed a lovely salad with leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, spinach, peppers, pea pods, cucumbers and tomatoes all from the garden.  I am finally starting to get green beans, yum.  We did make a boo-boo and planted pole beans…. they should put that word a bit larger on the package.  I couldn’t figure out why they looked different than the other row, duh…. At least I didn’t plant corn in my flower planters! Smile

Good running to everyone, will catch up later.  DH is making a fire out by the lake..... I love to sit out there at night with him.

Starr in MN

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

C-R

A bit late to the board today. Got a chance to run 8 with a good friend in our 95 and high humidity. At least the conversation was good.

Sorry about the insect attack Tramps. That reminds me to check the barn.

Happy birthday Opie and anniversary Deez.

Zombies Twocat. Good luck with that.

Holly - you guys got rain? No fair. Send some this way.

Done for the night. Adios.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

SteveP

Holy cripes Tramps!!! I can't imagine.

Happy 30th Denise! Very wonderful.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - you guys got rain? No fair. Send some this way.

Yes, a lot of rain, actually, one of those giant orange blobs on the radar - enough for me to call home from work and warn the kids to have their cellphones charged in case the power went out. When I drove home later, even the brown corn fields looked happier.

Perch - nice racing!