Masters Running

Wednesday, 17 Aug (Read 28 times)

What's going on?  No daily yet and it's afternoon.  I'm catching up since my post on Saturday.  stumpy, belated Happy Birthday.  Nice racing, Twocat and Aamos.  Jay, that bee sting reminds me of running the rototiller through a bee nest a couple of years ago.  Not fun.  Nice long runs for fatozzig, mari, hallar, Twocat (in H & H).  Aamos, and wild (in mountains).

I did 3 miles on Sunday and 5 yesterday on the TM as it was raining.

Last year, my wife, with me as slave labor, did a lot of canning.  One thing that made a big hit was peach salsa.  Yesterday, we started a big batch and are finishing today.  The first half is in jars with most of it processed, the rest is processing now.  The second half is on the stove, cooking down.  It looks like we will end up with just over 60 pints.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

...''Slave Labor'', eh??

..........of course you realize we could Blackmail you for years on this one.........

===========

...90s with storms moving in

........45-min HH with Trekking poles and trailboots

........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hideho, Toms.  Hiding in a MCC room in NC (where it has AC) and staring at a computer screen.  No running, but a lot of sweating.

since this is a gas plant and when we're moving gas around, we all have on full FR gear.  not fun in 90°+.

Carry on.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

If there's going to be any slave labor,

peaches sounds like a good reason.

Maybe pickles too.

2.5 miles.
          one-half mile out-and-back with DD walking GS to first day of school
          (second grade) followed by mile down to Mary’s Falls and then back.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...Pickles

has used me as Slave Labor for YEARS tet............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

Been lurking as spending quality time with GS who doesn't like camp - he's here until friday.  today was ferry ride to island in the boston harbor for walking and wading in the water. tonight concert haven't thought about tomorrow's plan except possibly swimming Y plus???

have fun running/walking and ((injured))

marj

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Once a month our local super-Kroger draws a curtain off the front dining portion, sets up dim lighting and table candles, brings in a musician, and has a 5- or 6-course gourmet meal with wine pairings, all for $30/ticket.  Before each course, the winery representative talks about the winery and the wine being featured, and the chef talks about the food.  It is really a lot of fun, and a lot of good food and wine - really more excess in both areas than I like to have on a weeknight, and at the end I was so full I thought I might burst (oh but it was so good).  It'll take me a week of dieting to make it up.  And we all know that I am no good at dieting.

Here's a look at the menu from last night.  While I did forego the eclairs at the end, I ate pretty much everything else.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, yes, and 3 miles for me this morning.  I do believe the knee is easing up.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Good news, Holly!

I'm going to Rapid tomorrow--looking forward to visiting with my chums who knew Jodi, my friend who died last month.  Back Monday.  Just 5.5 this morning.  Fall surely in the air.

I'll try and least lurk when I can.

Mookily yers,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Peach salsa sounds delish!!!' I haven't canned anything since we moved off the farm 10 years ago. I thought I had enough of all that but have to admit I do miss it now and again.

6.5 miles after the storms tonight. The effort felt faster than the watch says but not bad overall for a mid week longish run.

Holly,

that wine pairing looks like a fun time.  We haven't done anything like that in a long time. I bet I could earn big brownie points if I can find one near us. Last one we did was last summer at a local winery and it was all sweets .

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

Holly, that does look yummy. Our version of Kroger is Fred Meyer, and they don't have anything like that. I'd probably be in trouble if they did... Glad to hear the knee is improving.

So Amy, how can you tell fall is in the air? Every time I've been in your neck of the woods it's hot and steamy. Have fun in the ol' stomping grounds. Take mittens. 

Peach salsa... he tselbs, care to post the recipe? I happen to have a lot of peaches now, from a guy who comes up from WA and sells them out of his truck. Probably just need to eat a lot of peaches now.

Tet, you spend so much time in Juneau these days you should just settle in. Then you can apply for the PFD! You're already here more than a lot of so-called Alaskans.

Elliptical and walking at lunchtime. Those lunchtime workouts can get pretty rushed it seems. When I run from here, I start and end at my office building. To go to the gym eats up about 10-12 minutes driving and walking in there, even though it's just down the hill. Foot continues to improve, but I'm really trying not to rush it for fear of rebellion.

Speaking of rebelling body parts, I wonder how RCG is doing?

Holly S.  good to hear about the knee. That menu looks really good. The bacon wrapped pork loin sounds awesome!

tselbs a friend of mine thinks men are going to become superfluous in the future and that people will end up just growing test tube babies that are female. My quip was fat chance. Who would lug baggage, move furniture and handle any gross job around the house if there are no men around? 

Like evanflein I ended up on the elliptical today. Tomorrow I have a 13 or 14 mile run scheduled. It seems like some of the humidity has blown out of the area. That would be very nice, especially if it lasts through the weekend.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - that's the kind of unbelievable deal that makes me regret not liking alcohol.

A nearby wine-tasting restaurant in nearby Woodinville charges $15 for four glasse

Tet, you spend so much time in Juneau these days you should just settle in. Then you can apply for the PFD! You're already here more than a lot of so-called Alaskans.

Uhmm erika, with more trips planned this fall, maybe I'll at least check it out.

Don't want to end up in jail like The Bush People though.

Just being here is usually ample reward.

DD and SIL cebebrated GS's first day at school (second grade) with all of us going out on their boat and getting two coho (silver salmon), Onchorhychus kisutch, and a spectacular show of bubble feeding by about a dozen the local summer cetaceans (Megaptera novaeangliae).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Holly, when I lived in Houghton Lake, MI, we had similar experiences for about $5.50 a person. Although we had to orchestrate it ourselves. We'd get a few bottles of MD 20/20, a McDonald's Happy Meal and blast Led Zep in the parking lot. We would roll up the windows and fill the inside of the vehicle with a very aromatic smoke for ambiance.

That sounds exciting, Tet.

I broke another supervisor. DW encouraged me to go after the position as well as the person who is leaving. I'd be spending as much time at work as well as being tied to a telephone. Realistically, it's an 18 hour shift.

SteveP