Masters Running

Mike's #2 on Tuesday, 5.17.16 (Read 34 times)

. . . .in order not to set a bad example, and maybe GS won’t end up with the same aversion to spicy foods as papo, I grimaced and maintained my unblemished “clean-the-plate” club record and my shoulder’s been fine ever since. 

Reminds me of this.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Love that phrase about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers... She did all the moves he did, but backwards and in high heels!

Love the Canadian chicken thieves story... but how did she know it was the Canadians? Might've been some of those Alaska snowbirds too. There are quite a few of them down there. 

Mike is doing great, but we all knew he would, right? And if there's a 5th race out there, I bet he'll do it just because (even if he already has that state).

So we set a high temp record on Saturday. I think we hit 81 or 82° on Saturday. Sunday wasn't nearly as nice but it's gone straight downhill since then. This morning it was 37° and windy, and it's not gotten much better. Oh wait, it's raining now, too. So.... I figured I've got some rest days built up, sort of like saving vacation leave, right? I'm pulling one out and using it today. Not going out in this crap if I don't have to.

The only downside is, we did rototill the garden yesterday and started getting it all cleared of weeds and smoothed out, but I'm not doing that in this weather, either! And since we leave Thursday right after work, I probably won't get any of my planned planting done before I go. Oh well. Memorial Day will have to be good enough.

wildchild

Carolyn

Singing in the Rain is one of my favorite movies!!!

Mike, hope you keep on running strong!  Hey - are there TWO marathon series in New England this week?  On FB I saw a friend was doing the same thing you are, but he was in NH yesterday and VT today.  His races are called "Mainly Marathons - New England Series." Personally, I'm not sure why these marathon series are appealing, but then again,  50 mile trail ultras that take 14 hours sound great to me, so obviously my perception is kind of skewed!  You'll run over 100 miles in less time than that...

Cold and snowing again today.  I put off my run till late afternoon, since it looked so cold out there, but it turned out to be really nice for running - foggy, misty, and just above freezing. I ran 10.5 miles around the neighborhood dirt roads, which were mostly just muddy since the snow isn't sticking on the roads much.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I just checked the address for the start of tomorrow's race...it's on Asylum Road...is this a trap?

Too funny, MikeE!

I forgot to mention that earlier this morning, the first person that came into the utility office to pay his bill was that guy that kept passing me last night. I eventually walked and so did I. This morning I asked him what he was training for and he said a marathon but for now to get healthy. This all makes me want to devise a plan for people to run together several weeks at the end of the 12 weeks we would all sign up for and run that race. Why didn't I think of doing this before?  He had nice looking legs so I won't mind being beihind him.

tonight's 4 mile run went much better at 12:02 pace. I have to work harder to get into the -11:00's and don't know if it worth it for me. I have my gardening done too and I am fine with not putting all the baskets this year, I will try go get a good picture of it.

that. Is it before this post gets gobbled up

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

MikeE, You are a marvel.

Well, zippity Tet, you GS is one lucky fella.

Home sweet home. At 6:30 AM and two miles from the house I asked DW to let Tag out.  When I open the door of the truck he tackled me.

When I got in the door, I saw a pair of shoes that looked like they would fit a certain 8 year old. After going on about how much I missed the grandkids, Noah jumped out from behind a chair. We chased eachother around the house.

A two mile hike with the dog was a challenge. Lack of sleep and all.

It looks like we may have a good season for the Saskatoons.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Then, all-of-a-sudden, it miraculously subsided a couple of weeks ago when my daughter served some spicy dinner I didn’t want to complain about but, when GS wouldn’t eat it at all even though DD assured him that “it’s not spicy,”  I came to his aid and admitted it was “kind of spicy,” after all.  GS didn’t have to finish his but, in order not to set a bad example, and maybe GS won’t end up with the same aversion to spicy foods as papo, I grimaced and maintained my unblemished “clean-the-plate” club record and my shoulder’s been fine ever since. 

1.  How do you make this print so small?

2.  What was the spice?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Strong Racing for mikeE//.............Contratulations

.jay// I have a helmet mirror,

it's the Sheer Horror of WATCHING them come up behind me

that Freaks me out

===========

..40-min PoolRun, with belt, closed fists, run in shallows

heading out

Wed to scout some close spots

to try my FlyFishing Gear

maybe a work-out when I get back

..................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - I'll ask DD as I sure didn't want to know when it happened.

Leslie - whew, at least I didn't have to have surgery for a remedy.

ps holly - when I get too long-winded and not having that much to do with running

or answering just one person's comment to me later on, not to distract everyone else, etc.

just highlight/block it and click on either the super-or-sub script "X's" in the option bar. X2 / X2

I hope it's not like capitals and a breach of etiquette or something 

Steve - not that I would do it to mine but have yours try going on up ahead and hiding behind a telephone pole, tree, rock or something and then scare you jumping out pretending like he's a bear, lynx, dinosaur, or slow down your progress as a duck and duckling crossing the road while your pretending to be driving, etc. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)