Masters Running

Monday July 31 (Read 38 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Catwhoorg -early start for school (i thought DD's school was early, starting 8/9/17)   - is it on a year-round schedule?

Been the norm for Cherokee county for a while. Huge storm in Cobb Co this year, as they switched to a similar schedule, only to double down they went back in July (well today anyway ...)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

No, Holly. Don't give up those  activities.  You need them for YOU!  And it's good time with your son, too.  It took our family 16 years to figure out that we didn't all have to do things together!  In our case it was that husband and son enjoyed extreme mountain biking, and daughter and I did not.  We finally saw the light and split up for activities and did what we enjoyed.  There was plenty we could all do together that didn't involve careening down a mountain over rocks at full speed.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

+whatever we are up to regarding Tramps' reply to Holly S.

Ran 7 with my training partner this morning. Actually it was her 8 mile route, but at mile 7 her injury from last week started acting up and she had to walk it in. Pretty much made me run ahead despite my protests. When I got back to the car I doubled back in it to make sure she was okay, When I could not find her I figured she had made it back and got her to confirm with a text. A text she was supposed to send me without prodding! Grrr . . .  What may have happened is that around mile 6 she started talking politics. That got her all tensed up and I think helped to reaggravate the injury, which was likely caused from over stretching last week. She gets these emails from her favored political party and buys into them hook, line and sinker. It really is not good for her overall world view. She never used to be political and was a much calmer more serene person. Now . . .  I think next run I am going to suggest she unsubscribe from all political email lists and go back to her old life and view of the world. Odds of her doing so? Z-E-R-O. Odds of me changing my mind and just letting her rant on, with a few not trues or not likely to really happens . . . about 100%. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I cannot imagine riding a bike that many miles in consecutive days...I just could not do it.  Nice job, Paul.

Hang in there Holly.  Enjoy your hike with DS.

I went 8 miles, tonight that included 6 x 800's.  They went better than expected.  The goal was to do them between 3:05 and 3:10...I was hoping to be closer to the 3:05 but was allowing myself to go up to 3:10.  The went like this: 3:04 - 3:01 - 2:58 - 2:58 - 2:57 - 2:54.  I was being very careful about pushing too hard, too and, except for the last one, they were all reasonably comfortable.  I think the key was relaxing and just enjoying them.  Because I allowed myself to go 3:10, I put no pressure on myself.  They were, actually, fun.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

TammyinGP

no holly, YOU are not being selfish. HE is being selfish by saying he would prefer you not do any hiking/physical exercise related activities just because he can't do them.  he needs to get over the fact that you are fit and healthy and want to do things like this. it's not like you would completely abandon him and not do anything together but you are just as entitled as him to do things and see things YOU want. and if he can't accept that, it's his problem and he is the selfish one.  good lord, that man riles me up at times and I don't even know him.

<rant off>

Tammy

spacityrunner

2.5 miles at sunset.  it was pretty out there tonight.  1st 2 miles were zoom zoom...that last .5 was very turtle like.  I plum ran out of steam.

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, hang in there and do what YOU want to do, as well as things the whole family enjoys.  My DH also cannot/will not hike very far, because he gets tired easily - he's trying to figure out why, as he's not overweight.  He has a doctor appt scheduled to figure things out,  but it does put a damper on family outings.  Last week we went camping with DD and DSIL, and we went for a 4 mile hike the first day that wiped him out.  The rest of the days he stayed behind while the other 3 of us hiked.  At least he didn't complain about it too much, but it still limited how far we all could go, since we didn't want to leave him behind all day.

Did a little 2.5 mile run this afternoon to end the month on a prime number.  I also spent several hours raking and shoveling the driveway to try to smooth out the giant canyon that appeared after a major rainstorm a few days ago.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Holy, you go snd explore that hike with your son. Then come back to open a neutral dialogue about fitness.

9 miles for me today with my running buddy.  We always have such a good time together.

Tomorrow is speed work out. Nope.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard