Masters Running

Fantastic Friday 11/16/18 (Read 36 times)

I can't lord over you East Coasters with my weather anymore; the smoke is even WORSE today, so I'm skipping running again. I guess I'll just blast my core instead. Really, looking out the windows I can't even see three blocks, it just fades into haze like thick fog, but it's not fog...

Good story about the XC kids!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Joe618

Holly- I'm glad your Dad's surgery went well and best wishes for a smooth recovery.  Sorry about  your father in law, though.

2 miles on the treadmill after work so 5.4 for the day.  Meeting up with some RA friends who are here for Monkey in the morning for a short run and breakfast (SrLopez and knifey) (and my daughter). 

My feelings as well for your Dad and FIL, Holly...prostate removal is an arduous path.

Say Hi to Robert and Jen for me, Karen!!  I know them both, have run with both of them many, many times around Indiana.   A delightful pair.   And it's through SrLopez I first learned about Monkey.   They've both run the race I was RD for in West Lafayette.   Good people, both.

Oh, and I added Monkey to my someday/maybe race list, complete with the August 1 lottery entry date.   Realize it 2020 will be my first shot at it, as the Route 66 marathon is the same weekend and, in 2019, I will be 66 years old and that's the perfect year to run Route 66, right?

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I just stopped in to say hi.  I have no run to report...still chillin'.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

I’ll say Hi for sure, Joe!   The Monkey is really a unique event and attracts all levels of runners and walkers.  There’s really nothing like it- the park is gorgeous, the hills are killer and the race environment is fun.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

H

My dad had his cancer surgery today at the Cleveland Clinic, to remove his bladder and prostate. Apparently it went well and he is in recovery now. I feel fortunate to have such great medical treatment in Ohio. My father-in-law, unfortunately, has had a return of his brain tumor. I am less confident about the treatment he is receiving in Wyoming.

Glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well. Sorry about your FIL's return of his brain tumor.

SteveP, you are so gifted with words!!! your daily recaps brighten us my day!

RunnerKSA, how do you keep track of your HR on the TM?

Leslie, I keep thinking and prying for the Paradise community. Thanks for sharing the link.

runr_nut, how productive was your day working from home?

For the first time in a week today we saw sunshine here. I chose to be outside as much as I could today. I walked for 1.5 miles with a friend and mentor, we walked by the river, which was inspirational. Then I took the time to run 5 miles mid afternoon.

dulce somnii

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

bioguy

2.6 on the hotel treadmill at 4am. My talk was well attended and went great.

Taiilwinds!