Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 6.10.17 (Read 27 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Here’s an early start to Saturday:

Friday’s workouts:

StarrRuns (geese-free early walk)

RunnerKSA (1 campground mile in Kingsport, TN)

Jlynne (2 quick morning miles)

BerthaSlayer (1.3 streak-preserving miles + a little playground equipment workout)

Cat (5+ miles)

Marj (5+ miles with theatre tix purchasing cross-training)

Tomwhite (40 min pool run with belt)

Nice vid from Cork City, Twocat. You sure look/are fast!

I also don’t have much upper arm strength, BerthaSlayer. So I don’t think she’s all that serious when DW calls me “Mr. Grip.” 

How’d it go with the FA, Cat?

Hitting the “Burgs” later this month, eh Marj?

Travel well, Tomwhite.

Tet, I  do my best to ignore all those Photobucket ads, so it is of no matter if they are targeted to me or not. Enjoy your taper - whatever it is for.

Is there another way to post photos here other than through Photobucket? I had no luck with the site again yesterday.

OK - I'm off to the races. Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I am still jet lagged. Ended up getting up at 4am. Not all was lost. I got the smoker going. Salmon will come off of it for breakfast and a brisket for dinner! When life hands you lemons . . .

BerthaSlayer I am not sure when those race reports appeared. I think Mariposai only put the Cork City Marathon up a couple of days ago.

catwhoorg I hope your talk with your financial advisor was productive. I will add my two cents here. If your advisor did not suggest you put your money into very low cost index funds and then go on with your life, you need a new financial advisor. If he told you to do that then you might have a good advisor.

mrrrun I have never been to Gettysburg. It is one of those places I would like to visit.

coastwalker if you load photos to Google photos and change the sharing options the pictures will show up here on RA. The problem is that verifying that they will show up on RA is not easy. You have to log out of Google photos. Then clear your browser cache. Then go to RA and check to see if the picture appears. Just ridiculous. On a happier note, have a good day at the races.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

6 ez still wheezy miles around town this morning.

Paul

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I had a horribly hard 8 miles today. I guess one needs these bad runs to appreciate the good.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I ran 6 miles, today.  I tried to talk my granddaughter, who is thinking about joining cross country, to go to a park and run with me but she decided to go to the Y with a couple of friends.  I don't know why she would chose a couple of friends over her grandpa...but she did.

We are getting ready to go to another graduation party.  Oh, they're so much fun...

Okay--that's it.  See ya!

evanflein

We hit 90 degrees yesterday, breaking the old high temp record of 87 from 1957. It's kind of fun to have those hot days and break records and all that, but our houses are built to retain heat... it was over 83° in here last night when we went to bed. Needless to say, it wasn't a great night's sleep. Need to find the oscillating fan for our bedroom... Today should be in the mid-70's which is really just about perfect, with rain tomorrow.

Yesterday I ran 4.3 easy miles in the upper 80's and full sun. Ufda that was hot. Today I'll do some planting in the flower beds (still not done!) and get in a 12 mile run. If I do 5 easy tomorrow that's 42 for the week, a good cutback. Then take Monday off. I'm hoping a short easy run followed by a day off will make my left foot happy, as it's been a little grumpy lately.

Have a greta day everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Hot here today, too.  Erika - I find that the full sun part is worse than the actual heat.

We have a kamikaze robin in our backyard.  Every time I take Rosie out back, the bird dive-bombs her, swooping down and actually touching her back.  The bird even goes after me, flying by so close I can feel the wings brush my head.  There must be a nest close by.  Last night when we were out there so I could water the garden, the bird kept attacking us and I kept spraying the hose at it to fend it off.  I don't fault the bird for protecting its young, but I hope the babies fly away soon because 1) I don't want the bird to hurt Rosie and 2) I don't want Rosie to hurt the bird.

14.6 miles for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

26.2 Hatfield & McCoy Marathon.  4:53 and won 60-64F.  I might have won Senior Grand Masters.  More later. Spotty internet.  It was hard!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

26.2 Hatfield & McCoy Marathon.  4:53 and won 60-64F.  I might have won Senior Grand Masters.  

Sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'll write all about it tomorrow when we get home. AT&T is not a "thing" in that part of rural WV/KY and we didn't have cell service.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

catwhoorg

Labrat

catwhoorg I hope your talk with your financial advisor was productive. I will add my two cents here. If your advisor did not suggest you put your money into very low cost index funds and then go on with your life, you need a new financial advisor. If he told you to do that then you might have a good advisor.

Oh I have a good one. This was mostly a touch base mid year and check we did all our actions from the last major meeting.

This was actually the first time ever leaving a meeting without action items on the table.

Well if you don't count don't spend all your bonus, you want XXX more in your emergency fund so put that in there an action.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

3000 yards in the pool.

My longest continuous swim ever.

\

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Yay, KSA!

Quoting 2Kitty re investments - I needed that reminder 'cause I need to have a meeting with one of the financial advisors I have from my old job.  We looked at my statement the other day and realized she has me in mostly high risk stuff.  This was all set up at my previous job when we were going through our financial woes because of the stuff with The Hub.  I must've been panicking about how to make back some of the money we had to pull out of our retirement accounts.  It's not much money in the account, but it needs to be in less risky investments.

Had my shot yesterday.  No drugs on board like I thought I was going to get. Dang it! The numbing shot was special . . .

I asked about restrictions and he said whatever I feel I can tolerate, just no sitting on hard surfaces, which he emphasized more than once.  I told him I had purchased a Wondergel pad.  He said he'd heard of it before.  Told him, "It changed my life."  Anyway, as he said might happen, today has been a bit uncomfortable, so I've been laying low and will do so tomorrow, as well . . . except for work.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Interesting day in the forum today.

Running wise: we went for a 4 miler today, which felt like 10. Clue... keep resting the body post half marathon and marathon.

Investment wise: I listened to twocat advice two years ago and I am happy with my returns... much better than 10 years put together .

Now I wish the same luck tomorrow as we go morel hunting.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

3000 yards in the pool.

My longest continuous swim ever.

\

Wow - awesome!