Masters Running

Detox Tuesday (Read 31 times)

Sugar and junk food detox needed here!! Worked Christmas Day and yesterday and the junk food never stopped - it just seemed to be making its way to my mouth!! In fact, I said in class today my right arm was tired from putting food in my mouth so much the last few days!! 

5.1 mile run outside in capris with friends. 30 minute spin/30 minute muscle class!!

Time to drink more water and eat more greens!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Deez - no doubt!

Since the rest of my family is off, and I am still working, I decided to alleviate my resentment by allowing myself to sleep later in this week before work, and if I get up early enough to run, I will, and if I don't, I won't

30 minutes or so of weights and core today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I guess that was the one upside to not feeling well over Christmas - I did zero christmas baking so there were no treats to overdose on and even the couple kinds of sweets at my parents house didn't appeal to me since I wasn't feeling that great.  

today is the first day in about 5 that I feel like I could get in some exercise. we are going to see Rogue One soon though so probably won't get in a run til tomorrow.

Tammy

We have waaaaay too many sweets here at my house. This is after giving tons away! I have to stop eating them. Just stop I tell you! 

Really nice running weather here today. Actually nice for any time of year, not just winter. It was about 50° when I went off this morning for a "8 mile" run with my training partner. Of course, it was 8 miles. Always is.  No point in fighting city hall. That is just the way it is when she gets to pick the route.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

OK, up to about 5 lbs that need to be lost, so I'm going to cut out the junk food starting now. Or maybe after these gingerbread cookies are gone. And what about those cans of nuts? And so on...

It was a strange feeling today when I came out of the movie theater with my DS after watching Rogue One. The last scene in the movie has them delivering the Death Star plans to "Princess Leia," for which they digitally dubbed in Carrie Fisher's youthful face from the original movie. Then on the way home, I heard on the radio that she had died today. This movie and last year's are a commendable tribute to her at opposite ends of her career.

Ran a very sluggish 5K on the TM this morning and hope I have some more energy in the next few days. I do have a 5K coming up on Sunday (New Year's Day) and definitely don't want to wimp out on my 2nd race in a row.

Onward and upward, folks!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mariposai

today is the first day in about 5 that I feel like I could get in some exercise. 

Same here. I tried to run again today, but I still feel lousy. Tomorrow will be day number 8 for me Sad.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I sure hope Tammy and Nancy are feeling better soon. That sure sucks to be feeling poorly during the holidays.

I got a box of cookies from a vendor that should've been sent to my office, but got misdirected to the local campus HR office who sent it to the local UPS office. So.... things being what they are, we had to wait until 7:30 last Friday night to pick it up. Yes, really. So I had this box of cookies, and they were really pretty good. We took half of them to my brother's on Christmas day, and managed to leave them there. And I've been mostly avoiding them since then... gave the chocolate chip pack to my DS1... there's still cookies in the house. Ack.

Took a rest day yesterday, and other than shoveling snow and hurting my back, it was a good choice. My hip felt much better today. Temps didn't warm up like I was expecting though, so ran 8.2 miles at -3 to -5 temps. Felt fine though, other than the typical cold butt. Tomorrow will probably be a treadmill run, if only because I'm thinking of doing intervals. But Thursday and/or into Friday, we're expecting a big "snow event" with high winds that could lead to power outages. Great. Usually in a big "snow event" I'd hit the treadmill, but power outages make that option not quite so attractive. I guess we'll see what the weeks brings!