Masters Running

TGI Friday September 21 (Read 36 times)

tomwhite; tee hee! "ARC"!

congrtas, Jay!

I decided to take a few days off from running and see if that helps with my hip issue. Also it's supposed to be hot, but I doubt it will get too hot next to the water. And I have other stuff to do, the life accomplice is coming back from John Waters Summer Camp/NYC Tuesday, so I had better make the house and kids look like brand new so she'll never realize the depths of our slovenly "Mom's away" lifestyle. 

tree trimming, leaf raking, dog washing, vacuuming, alphabetizing the contents of the cupboards and refrigerator, raking contour lines in the Japanese style rock garden in back, erasing everyone's browsing history (LOL!), mopping, finish installing the soaking tub, sweeping up sawdust from my work area, fresh bed linens for all, wash and vacuum her car, restock the bar and beer section of the fridge, clean the stove, make fun "welcome home" poster or diorama, etc etc.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Dave59

...40-min ARC.......

which is ironic

given the amount of Rain we're expecting

Dave59

I'm in Niagara Falls tonight. Walked over to Canada and back. Hot as blazes.

Plan to run around on the American side of the Falls tomorrow morning. Feels good to be back in the place of my birth.

Family reunion tomorrow in Buffalo. Camping out tomorrow night after the reunion.

mrrun

Hot as blazes.

Speaking of blazes, we just saw the new Ethan Hawke film Blaze - boston premiere with Ethan Hawke talking before and Q&A after.  The music was great - assuming you like country - and the movie weird reminiscent of Finding Llewelyn (or some similar name)

Dave - have fun at the reunion and running.

spacityrunner

Some kayaking and some hiking today. That’s all.

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

Dave, how fun to run at Niagara Falls!  Enjoy the reunion and camping.

Jlynne, bummer about the mosquitoes.  And how you manage a whole hour on an elliptical  is beyond my comprehension!

Jay, congrats on the award - what a nice idea for a thank you gift!

It's beautiful Indian Summer weather here, but cold at night. I had to scrape ice off my windshield this morning when heading out to meet friends for a trail run, but we were running in shorts and tank tops.  We ran up to Chicago Lakes in the Mt Evans Wilderness, and the sky was that insanely deep blue you get at high altitude.  10ish miles out and back, with about 3200 ft elevation gain and loss, so lots of hiking and not a whole lot of running.

This picture shows why there was not a lot of running:

And this shows the fall colors and gorgeous deep blue sky:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

"What do you do with an elephant with three balls?"

I've been waiting all dang day for the answer!  Finally had to Google it.

Since we have a meet, tomorrow, and will be gone all day, I did my long run, today, at practice.  16 miles in 1:54:48.  It was 57°!  A week ago it was in the 90's.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Joe618

Evening all.

Jay, so nice to hear...good on you.

Taper madness...marathon on Sunday morning, so have laid off for a couple days.

College reunion tomorrow (Saturday) at Purdue with a bunch of housemates from the early-mid 70s.   Will be great to see the guys.   Then sit as a block to see the Boilers (0-3) play Boston College (3-0, #23 in the country).   Hoping for an upset.   At least the weather will be great for a noon kickoff.

Then a marathon in downtown Indy on Sunday, early.  A 12 lap event...most will do it as a relay, but I'm doing it solo.   Only a handful of solo runners.   I know the RD and she gave me Bib #1 .   That's a keeper already...as close to Kenyan as I'll ever get.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

SteveP

Holly, the news about your friend is horrible.

DW and I are at the Pictured Rocks on the Munising end. We’re loving it.  We’ve spent the day touring waterfalls, hiking trails and enjoying the scenery.  You know, the same thing I do at home. If a Facebook friend feels like sharing pictures, it’s fine by me. Posting from the phone has limitations.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

tree trimming, leaf raking, dog washing, vacuuming, alphabetizing the contents of the cupboards and refrigerator, raking contour lines in the Japanese style rock garden in back, erasing everyone's browsing history (LOL!), mopping, finish installing the soaking tub, sweeping up sawdust from my work area, fresh bed linens for all, wash and vacuum her car, restock the bar and beer section of the fridge, clean the stove, make fun "welcome home" poster or diorama, etc etc.

Wow - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."