Masters Running


Friday Daily, 1.11.13 (Read 289 times)



    Very funny, TW......


    Almost punched the physio tech this morning.......

    Went in for the second round of shockwave for my PF, which can be really painful if they use a bit too much pressure on the tender bits.  Last week, I got the tech who's really nice.... OK it hurt, but it was tolerable and he was careful with his aim and backed off when I yelped.  This week I got Edward, who's approach is always a bit too heavy-handed and scatter-gun at the best of times.  He hit the wrong spot on my arch a couple too many times (which REALLY hurt), and was singing away happily to himself throughout the whole ordeal. Grrrrr!

    Had to check the mirror before I left to see how far my mascara had travelled.


    Went to the work gym at lunch for a strength workout. And planks.  One of the guys was using that PX50(?) system to support his feet for pushups....while in a handstand.  Impressive!

    .....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

    janie b good

      missed my run yesterday 'cause i had a slight fever.


      3.47 miles this afternoon; cloudy, 61*


      looking forward to some football this weekend!

      goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

      Trails are hard!

        If I quote Dave quoting Tom, would you get triple silence?  Just wondering.


        ran out of time this moring and had the choice of packing to come home or getting in a run.  Decided DW would most likely prefer me to pack.

        Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.


        Shirtless wonder

          If I quote Dave quoting Tom, would you get triple silence?  Just wondering. 

          Confused  Is that like one hand clapping?


          Work screwed up my schedule this week.  Today I took the day off  for a dental appointment and afterwards around 1PM, I managed to do 6 miles.  It wasn't planned, it just ended up that way. First, I did a  4.8mile easy run @ 8:10 pace.  After drinking some Powerade, I then followed that with what was supposed to be a quartermile cooldown run. But it actually ended up being a warm-up run for a set of  6 X 100 yard/meter intervals.   Temps were around 44-45F, humid, with overcast skies and light drizzle which started after the first 4.8 miles.  Which is probably why I did the quartemile warm-up and the intervals shirtless.  [Ya gotta take advantage of warm weather whenever you can.Wink ] Pace for the quartermile was 7:34 and the intervals were @ 6-6:36.  Not too shabby for rehabbing.


          TGIF all.


          Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 


            I suspect a cool down is on the horizon, Slo


            Safe journey's Breger.


            Roch, from the bottom of my heart, I'm glad it was you and not me.


            Keeping you in my prayers Leslie.


            Thanks for clearing that up Tom White.


            Stumpy, when I pack for myself, DW goes back and makes sure I didn't screw it up.


            This morning is the 2nd day in a row where I'm not in any kind of pain! It's been years. Since before we've gotten Tag any way. The Dr has me taking prescription iron supplements. She said up to three a day. I started with one for a week. The day I kicked it up to two, I went for a rare run where I really wanted to be out there and I had gas in the tank when I was done. I don't want to get my hopes up..ODAT..but I'm excited for today. I'd like to address the nausea. I'd sure it's part of the learning curve and body adapting.


            We went out to the state park again as it's on the way to where DW works and my friend in Hospice. As soon as Tag bolted out of the truck, I pointed out a squirrel and he bolted after it...In the wrong direction. When he finally did see it, Tag took to flight several inches off the ground. The lucky squirrel was already headed up the tree at that time. We stayed on the ice covered paved roads. When black top was available, I ran as fast as I could and it felt greta! Two consecutive runs and I felt very good after both of them.


            A good sized bird with a white underbelly fly by and landed in a tree.



            On the right side of the tree, out on the 2nd larger limb, there is an owl sitting on the first cook.


            We got to wondering what some of or poster children for posting do in their off time and made a great discovery.



            Back near the truck Tag brought a baby animal he said followed him. He was sad because I made him leave it in hopes that it's mom will claim the poor thing.



              Stupid iPad double post!  Angry

              Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

              Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->

                SteveP great news.  I sure hope the iron supplements turn out to be the magic cure.


                Hemerocallus can you schedule to see particular people?  It is not even close to as serious but my DW will not even go to the spa unless the masseuse she likes can see her.


                Today was my first outdoor run in a looooong time!  Just 4 miles but it was GREAT!  If all is well tomorrow morning I will see about running 4.25 miles "with" the Joggers Club.  I put with in quotes since at most I would have company for a mile and a half.  After that I will need to peel off and return while everybody continues on for their hour plus run.


                In cooking news I am working on my third ever yeast bread.  Sort of third.  Number two came out so badly I tossed out the finished product.  This is my second try making that same bread, an oatmeal-honey loaf.

                Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

                Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->

                  No running for me today since I have been flying all day. At the Dallas airport now waiting for my plane to arrive, which is already two hours late. Hopefully we will make it to Seattle before tomorrow morning arrives. Great to see everyone is doing well and running.

                  "Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

                  MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

                    welcome back mariposai. I find outin about two hours if I have to come back to the states on sunday, . . I mean get to go back;


                    \twocat - my four training runs this month, more than in the last four years all put together, must have over did it as I had another one of those very vivid running dreams this time I ran a marathon saturday morning.  I`ll let you know tomorrow if it was true or not.


                    Henry the Great: "I'm going to keep running as long as I can."  Me too, I hope.

                    T. Igarashi (top of Mt. Fuji at age 100 in 1987): "Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again."


                    Bushrat Runner

                      Swam last night before a late dinner. Today, I ran 4 miles with Choco, gawking around at all the lovely new was a comfortable 27F and not windy, so we had a great time. Tomorrow's long run is likely to be a little different, east wind, forecast to be increasing, temperatures warm enough stuff is supposed to start getting soggy...we'll see how it all turns out...


                      Looking out the driveway as we started


                      Even the empty lots were lovely


                      The roads were nice to run on with the snow all packed down


                      We went over to the airport where I looked longingly at the runway...our plane is in the middle of a big winter project so no flying for me for a while now and it will be a while before it is ready to go...


                      A lovely day in every way.


                      Happy runs all.