Masters Running

July 13th Runs & Anything that takes your fancy (Read 408 times)

Mariposai

I decided to take the bike out for a spin this afternoon as my boy and DH are making ceviche for dinner. 10 miles in 94 degree. Hot out there...sitting now in the porch aka paradise and drinking yerba mate. I sure had a blast chatting with Erika in Mirc and on the phone last night. You are one fun friend to chat with Erika. Great job racers!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Me

Hello all, three miles yesterday. Mike
        This has been a busy weekend, I just didn’t have time to post yesterday’s run before heading out to the wedding…(which was just awesome)! Smile Saturday’s run: we headed out to the starting line of the Beach to Beacon course with plans to run the course out and back with a little extra at the end to give us about 14 miles. We arrived at about 6:45 and parked our cars about a half mile from the finish and started running from there. This was simply going to be the first of two trial runs this year before the Beach to Beacon 10K on August 2n, we’re going to do it again in two weeks except next time we’re going to start at the finish and run it out and back so that we can run the full race course relatively hard while tired. Part 1 start time 06:51, Mile Splits: 8:40 – 8-19 – 8:10 – 8:18 – 7:45 – 7:32 – 4:52 (6.74 miles 53:58 – 7:57 average pace) Part 2 start time 07:51, Mile Splits: 8:02 – 7:42 – 7:51 – 7:13 – 7:08 – 6:56 – 1:56 (6.28 miles 46:49 – 7:27 average pace) 1.19 mile cool down – 9:56 – 8:21 average pace. I was very pleased with the run, one of my running friends (Brian) and I ran both parts together and pretty much ran the second portion as a tempo / marathon paced run. I have no heart rate data since my battery failed in my heart rate monitor (1.5 years old, not bad). Then it was home and off to the wedding. Sunday’s run: 6.77 very easy very slow recovery miles – 59:36 average pace 8:47. I really didn’t want to get up for this one….it must have been a little bit of the lasting effect of all those cold beers yesterday….I could definitely feel it today. This was probably a good thing since it forced me to run this one slow and easy at a true recovery pace, and I don’t always use the best judgment during my recovery runs! Wink
        wildchild

Carolyn

I just got home from driving DD to Colo State University for a week-long music camp, and I see I have lots to catch up with, and some RRs to read! Holly, good idea to take a few days off. I'm stubborn too, but in this case it sounds like the smart thing to do. Hey, regarding your DS's comment when you were camping in your yard, are you REALLY never wrong? Wow. Big grin Thanks for the pictures, too. I can see why PDR says the wimmin are glad to have the Pro back! Nono, your dog sounds like a great babysitter! Kevin, nice job on the 5K, and sounds great to have it so close to home on your usual lake route. And no fine will be assessed for posting a RR in the daily, as you did mention your FR (complete with boutique Tarjay outfit!) Wink Tet, I'm not sure I agree with you that Tim was LUCKY to have such a hard time with his run, so he could learn a good lesson about hydration, although I get your point that at least this was in training and not a race! Erika, good run today! I'm sure you're ready for your race next week. Bob, sounds like your beach to beacon training is coming along great - nice run! Tall, good call on bagging the race after a late date night! $75 sounds pretty steep for an entry fee anyway! All you folks who run in extreme H&H have my sympathy. But when you say you took it slow and easy, and your average pace was faster than my sproinky runs on a cool day, I'm just a bit jealous! I ran 5.4 miles just before dinner last night, when it was cooling off from the heat of the day. The dogs went with me for the first half. Tonight it's starting to cool off, DD is away for the week, and DH is away for the evening, so I'm FREE to head out for a run and not worry about coming home at any particular time to start dinner. YAY!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

enke, deb and erica - thanks for the special thoughts tim - glad you had a much better run today -- i had one of those foot cramps tonight when i was doing abwork after my run and i can't imagine having them all night like you did - must have been awful!! holly - great pics!! dickyg - great t-shirt ------- mine would say -- in my dreams i run like my fast RA friends!! Big grin so after a ridiculously busy 16 hour shift friday night, we had a very mellow, lovely 12 hour shift last night and then tonight i was just cancelled for an extra 8 hour shift that i had signed up for so the pregnant women must be staying pregnant right now!! kind of bummed not going in tho - the OT would be nice - oh well - sleep is good too!! sunday - sleep, church, food shopping -- and then MY RUN -- felt so good -- took a route with some decent hills - and did 7.2 miles.............did my typical 5 min walk to warmup, then a 4 minute walk break after mile 3 and walked the last .2 miles to cooldown...total time 1hr 19min .......felt really good!! finished up with stretching, abs, squats!! hae a wonderful sunday night all!!

denise

Top 'O the World!

0600 10,000' elevation 36* F/62% H 4.6 reeeal slow sunrise mountain miles Cool Big grin
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm thinking of getting another tattoo...this one on my kankle...26.2 with some sort of design...any ideas...
                I have never been a big fan of tattoos myself, but now I think I want one after I run my first Marathon this Fall.... I would be interested in some designs myself. I don't know about one on my "kankle" though Big grin Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!