Masters Running

The Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e May 4th (Read 254 times)

Lots of miles this week including a brand new marathoner!!! Dutchie42-3K...it still counts eliz-18 miles + stretching + weights evryday-32.2 miles inc 1st MARATHON...it's not every day you run your first JJJesse-43.5 miles inc 50K ULTRA...WOW lyndenrunner-35 miles marathon derrick-43.2 miles inc. half marathon pfriese-44.1 miles...NEW MARATHON PR!!! Great running guys and gals...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-Off Tue-Off Wed-5@8:03 Thur-5@7:32 Fri-2@8:23 Sat-10K-43:23 7:00 pace Sun-Off Total=18.2 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        thanks lyndenrunner...you're right, it's not every day you run your first, but evryday ran his first! Mon....rest....,,,,,,,rest Tues....rest..........rest Wed...3mile walk...no walk Thurs...rest.........rest Frid....3 mile walk..no walk Sat....rest.........3mile recovery run Sun...3mile walk... Total...
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        evanflein

Hey Gordon, I kinda fell off the planet on this thread last week. I did post a total of 50.1 miles though, heheh, that includes a marathon on Monday... Lots of cross training with walking and butt time on airplanes... This week will be something like this: Monday: Turned into a rest day that I guess I needed Tuesday: 5.2 miles, 8:31 avg pace, walk c/d Wednesday: Turned into another rest day, can't believe how draggy I feel! Thursday: 7.5 miles on a hilly route, headwind on way home... walked 2.5 miles today Friday: 2.2 to keep loosened up but EZ pace, .4 mile walk on TM Saturday: 5k race, plus w/u and c/d later on hills to total 7.5 miles Sunday: 10 miles, 8:20 avg pace, 2/3 of it on rolling hills, middle 1/3 pretty flat; .25 mile walk c/d About 32.4 miles running, plus almost 4 miles walking
            Trying the day-by-day plan this week, because there's almost no wiggle room with evening stuff going on at school. Monday - ran 3.1; started in the rain; ended in drizzle and pink sunset Tuesday - school concert went well; hauling pianos and handbell tables felt like XT to me! Wednesday - (run 5) no way; I'm beat so it's rest for me tonight Thursday - 5 miles at Valley Forge Park, land of the hills Friday - (run 2) nope; went out for much-needed "therapy" with some colleagues after school Saturday - ran 8 after too much junk food and too little sleep last night Sunday - WENT KAYAKING!!!! only 1 hour, but awesome to get out on the water Smile Wow, I'm tired just thinking about this week! 16.1 for the week. Missed a 2-mile run that I may add in the week of 5/5. Proud that I managed that amid the concert-season mania. Only have to be out 1 evening this week (starting 5/5), so I should do well at keeping with the training plan. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner. Rest and recovery week for me, just going to take it as it comes. M----------------------rest - done T----------------------rest - done W---------------------4.7 miles running - done Th---------------------rest - done F----------------------4.8 miles running - done Sa---------------------8.1 miles running - done Su---------------------5.0 miles running - done __________________________________________________ Total-----------------22.6 miles running - DONE Paul
              Dutchie42

Morning Gordon, Only 3K last week. Wasn't allowed to run (so PT ordered). Starting this week am allowed to run again, but not two days in a row though Mon.. PT appointment Tue...10K fartlek on the TM Wed..recovery day for the knee and PT appointment Thu...10 miler on the TM. Surprisingly only 45 seconds slower than my fastest 10 mile race. HR went thru the roof though at 193. But not gasping for air. Strange. Fri....rest day for the knee (felt really tender) and PT appointment. Sat..PT advised against running two days in a row. And long run is more important, so no doggie fun run. Sun..27.72K@21C. A hot hot day. Or that's how it felt since it was much cooler before. Summary: 53.72K. and lots of PT Wink

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.