Masters Running

Indianapolis Marathon. 17 October, 2009. nuthin' special. very long. (Read 336 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

So did you go back to the VFW ?

Thanks RA friends. 

Yes.  After the race, cj was waiting for us and gave me a bag with my shirt and gloves.  She threw in a couple waters and two big apples for our trip to Columbus.  

Then. I changed clothes in the car and we went back to the VFW to see if my tights were still there.  The orange cones were gone.  But.  On a little wooden bench by the door to the bar... sat my gray UnderArmour tights.  

I jumped out of the car, grabbed my tights, and we were on our way!

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

What do you mean nuthin' special? Beyond special I say.....another completed marathon and well before many others, your true love by your side, friends all along the way and a great adventure all around.

You are a dedicated athlete with a gift of grit and determination even when it's just not aligning as you hope. That speaks volumes for who you are as a person and a runner.  This is a great report and thanks for sharing so much of your great weekend with all of us.

Karin

dg.

This has already been said, but you make my life so much richer.   thank you.

And!    ok Rosie, a heap of crud keeps moving on frozen stumps for 8 miles.   sounds like hero stuff to me.

Great report, & a great job.   (((  )))

Great report, Barb -- I smiled all the way.  Sorry about the goal thing and all, but this is just one out of many -- I'm sure you'll get where you want to be.  One of these days we have to find one we'll do together -- we miss you and Ralph!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

RCG it was so great meeting you and Ralph!!  Ya'll are even nicer in person.  Like you said, conversation just flowed and I could tell Grant really liked sitting next to you and as Jordan kept staring at Ralph, she liked sitting next to him.

Funny thing about a finishers medal, huh.  Just this little piece of metal that's gonna sit somewhere and maybe even gather dust for years can really have such a motivational power over us.  I felt the same way when I finished the AF marathon.  I thought "if I don't finish then I don't get my finisher's medal."

Great report, I felt like I was right there with you (ok, so I was for breakfast ).  "Hi" and kuddos to Ralph too!

I hope we can meet up again when we move to D.C. next year.

Amie

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
            RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thanks again Running Ahead Friends!  It was fun.

Here is a parting shot... me...parting with my gloves at Mile 4.

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Beautiful RR and very nice racing.  Congratulations!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  This is a positive story about a person who is a winner in life.  An inspiration  for others!  I love your attitude.