Masters Running

a couple other quick Bataan notes and a survey question (Read 207 times)

Maniac 505

I know my previous post was long.  this one will be short.

A couple quick things I meant to say in the RR,  and a question.

You can consider this an addendum.

I don't think there has ever been a time in my life when I have been called sir so often as this weekend.

Wind was not an issue at all this year

the running surface was mostly moderatly hard dirt.  I often found myself running back and forth across the road to find the firmest part of it.

I think I said, the sand pit was not as bad as I expected,  I never sunk below the top of my running shoes.  maybe it is different in different years?

I think I meantioned that the survivors always had an ear to ear grin, but every one of them that I thanked for what they did for us,  they thanked me for being there.

and nono,  If you are reading this,  I shared your stomach issues on Sunday,  not as bad as you had it. but for the first 16 miles, I didn't skip any of the porta-potties,  but I am not complaining!

------------------------------

This is among my most memorable weekends.  one of my favorite marathons by far, but there are lots of races on my list and like most of you I suspect I have to work out my marathon and vacation budget and pick and choose.

I had a thought on the flight home and thought I would throw it out here, and post a link to Kick. (I rarely post there, so I am kind of a stranger.

----------------------------

So,  Here is the question:

Would there be any interest in putting together a civilian light coed team for next year?

Light means we would not have to carry 35# packs.  The teams are not relays,  5 member teams,  no more, no less start together and must finish within 20 seconds of each other.  If there is a lot of interest there could of course be more than one team,  if there were an odd number that were interested, the extras could run as individuals and stay with the team or not depending on their goals.

Anyway,  there is a year to think about it (the next death march marathon is March 27 2011) I'm just sending out feelers now.

Dave

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Dave interesting thought.  Keep me in mind.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

TomD

I am interested too.

TomD

Maniac 505

well,  two maniacs over on Kick listed themselves as possibles.  Dove and Opie.  (Karl Rystad,  I don't remember his cool running handle but he was a frequent poster)  Of course it is Months before we will need to even start firming things up but I am thinking we can make this happen.

Dave