Masters Running

Tulip Time 8K Run - Eat Drink and Meet Mary!!! (Read 516 times)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Me, Mom, Dad, and Rachey goed on a really really long bye bye ride, and we sleeped in the camper. I sleeped on the floor under the table.  All night there was wind and rain and dark and scary. Some times the dark maked a real loud “Bang!” and it got bright light and the camper was scared too because it shaked. I didn’t know what was going on, and I waked up on the couch.

When it was still crazy stoopid dark, Dad came out. He had on a black ribbed Batman tank top!!!! That means we get to run run run with all kinds of dogs and people!!! Dad taked me for a practice run so I could get stuff “out of my system”. Then we goed back and waked up Mom and Rachey. Dad gotted me on a Batman shirt and my bestest cape ever!!!! We getted to run run run!!!!We all goed for a bye bye ride!!!

There was a place that had lots and lots of people and kids all over! There was some dogs too!!! It was way great! Mom and Rachey and Dad was saying words and making noise and some girls came over. They petted me. Dad said it was Mary and Ashley. They am real nice and when I smelled Mary up, I could tell about a whole bunch of dogs!!!

Lots of kids comed over to see me. They are way cool. I was petted by so many kids.

I shaked hands with some and gived some high fives…I even gived one little kid a big sloppy kiss. Every one gotted in line and Dad maked us get in back.

Dad was telling me I was a good boy and every one went run run run!!! I goed run run run real fast…. Dad is too fat and slow and old.!! I keeped dragging Dad to make him go faster.

I seed Mary run run run and I dragged Dad to get her. Then we goed farther. My tummy feeled bad and I pulled Dad over. Mary goed past us. I finally got every thing “out of my system” and then Dad picked it up!!! How dumb is that!!???!!! What if some one wants to roll in it?

I feeled better and we goed run run run some more. We getted close to Mary. People was handing out treats and I taked Dad over there. It looked like cups of ice cream and Dad gived me one!!!! I sticked my tounge way in there and the cup was filled with water!!!! I was really sad and mad and pulled Dad to go get Mary. I could not see here good any more.

Some times doggies and kids wanted to see me, but dad keeped me on the road and we went run run run. We seed more people handing out cups. Dad gived me one and there was water in it too. I didn’t even try it I as so sad. I didn’t see Mary any more.

Dad taked me to the side of the road and I runned on the grass. Dad was getting faster and we went run run run side by side. I seed a post coming up and I goed around it. Dad goed around the other side. Dad’s leash stayed in the middle and me and Dad went crazy fast in a circle and crashed into each other.  Some people laughed and Dad said we did that on purpose. Maybe Dad did, butt I sure didn’t!! I am really glad no doggies seed that.

We seed more people with cups. This time, when Dad gived me one and I drinked it all gone! He said I was a good boy!!! Too bad it didn’t taste like toilet.  Dad taked my cape off and I feeled cooler. Now, Dad runned faster that me. We seed other people go run run run and when we goed passed them, a girl yelled, “Don’t crash us!” and she jumped away!

When we got close to where all the other people were, Dad put my cape back on and we went run run run as fastest as we can!!!

Lots of people were making loud noise because I’m a good boy!! Mom and Rachey called me and I wanted to see them. Dad didn’t go see them though and we keeped running. When we stopped I got to see Mary and Ashley. Mom and Rachey comed up too!!! I was a tired doggie and I laid down. Mom gived me water and treats!!! I had good good time!!! Dad telled me that a 8K taked us 54 minutes!! I think that means I’m a good boy!

We seed dogs and people and tulips all day!!!!

I'm the one with no pants on.

Rachey is nice

Dad said this critter had a ice bath

Dad said this is what happens to critters that sleeped on the couch!!! 

Yikes!!!

A critter got on the end of a stick and flopped around!!

Then the guy thowed it in the creek!!! I wanted to play with it too!!!!

This is the bestest part!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

evanflein

A Tag report! What a delightful story to be told from the eyes of Avenger Doggie! Thanks, Steve. Sounds like you two had a good race and a fun day, even with the scary weather the night before.
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Excellent runing, Tag.  Too bad your dad put such a crimp in your socializing along the way.  The power of a Batman shirt is awesome.  Hope to hear many more reports.  Great pictures, too.  Didn't realize that Michigan was still in colonial times.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Tag, thanks for a great RR, and nice pictures, too!  RRs with pictures are the best!  Glad you and your dad had a fun race and got to meet Mary!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Great running Tag! Maybe one of these days, your dad can keep up with you . . . nah, probably not.

Tammy

It sounds like a great time for Tag, steve, and  the rest.  It's neat you all got to get together with hopeful.  The pictures are great.  Congrats to all. 

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm the one with no pants on.

I can't tell you what a relief that is.....

What fun!  Excellent report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good boy, Tag!  What a great report.  Thanks for sharing.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good running Tag!  Sorry about all those cups of water.  You should have got the ice cream first!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Great photos!  Beatiful tulips!  Nice running.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I am so happy that I got to run, run, run with you Avenger Doggie - and your dad too!     It looks like you had a great day after the race.    Hopefully we can do it again some day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tag - woof woor arrfff. 

i had to sneak down from dog heaven for this. they don't know it but we keep following 'em around all their lives until they get up here too so it was a treat to get to read something different from all the stuff he reads about them writing about  themselves and how great they think they are for running every day is so special.  jeez, humans, . . . . they keep trying to be like us but it will never happen. i took mine for so many runs in those days, even chased three moose who were giving him the evil eye into the woods while he escaped up a tree on the side of the trail anyway.  he still talks about it.

it was mostly fun runs before everyone woke up but once when he took me across town about six in the morning to a high school track  where we'd never been before but then it ended up being the four  hours or so of  running he could do in those days back to a track on the other side of town 26.2 miles from  where we'd just come from. does that make sense? jeez,  humans. . . . if he was smart like us he could have just stayed at the first place and  run around run around it. 

i was really dragging at  the end and just laid around for a while hardly even able to raise my head when everyone else came around  smelling where we like to smell when we smell.(you got it in your sign, pretty smart if i do say so for yourself).  anyway,   then next year we go over there again but i remembered it and  steadfastly stayed in the back and wouldn't get out of the car. he still thinks i'm so smart for remembering.  jeez, humans.  wait until they get up here and find out they are us. I already got mine's leash picked out. Smile

did you get to see brinkies or did you just meet mary?. when she was up there she went  to a favorite waterfall by the glacier once where I used to take mine for walks and run especially in the fall when the salmon he loves so much were in the little creeks. mary only took her dh and apparently left brinkie home.   don't tell her but mine thinks she is so pretty and nice and he still kicks himself for not getting to be there and take her right up the hill from the waterfall where I  liked  to take him in those days for a run by the old mining buildings where my greatgreatgreatgreatgreat granddogger worked and his greatgrandfather too. brinkie is very luckie

nice to meet you.  give brinks a hug if yours ever lets you guys get together for a run or something. 

your friend awaiting in dogdom,

arrfff woof woof

- gowby

ps - it's not that easy writing human on these contraptions. 

I see you write just like yours and, unfortunately, me like mine too. 

hang out down there as long as you can until we can do some dogspeak in dogson someday.

pps - they didn't call us rescues in those days but I'm half G.Shepard and lab and love to run. 

ppps - i like your attire. lot better than the numbers i'd get when he'd enter me in the races with him.

then he'd make me sit at the end so he wouldn't ever have to say he was last place. 

wait'll you see what I got planned for him when he gets up here.

see you..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

steve/mary - no particular reason but do you know any way to edit/delete postings by someone else?

uhmm, don't tell anyone but maybe ask tag and brinkley if you can (as if they'd tell).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)