Masters Running

Tue Dec 2 Runs and Workouts (Read 610 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Jlynne--that's cruel. but funny. Amazing how all that money doesn't make you any smarter. At least I know I'll never have to carry to protect my bling.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Gym day for me--we started out in the high 40s but temps are going down and wind is picking up so it now feels like 20-something. Way too busy here. Best place to live? I'm going for the chilly 63, although prolly can't afford so. CA. I would seriously move south in a heartbeat and give away all our shovels, boots and winter paraphernalia. grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles
      evanflein

Best place to live? I'm going for the chilly 63, although prolly can't afford so. CA. I would seriously move south in a heartbeat and give away all our shovels, boots and winter paraphernalia.
        Aamos, I'm getting to that point. And DH passed that point long ago... but I don't do well in H&H, and I hate wind. And I have a pathological fear of poisonous snakes and spiders. Embarrassed And here we don't have ticks, chiggers or fleas or heartworm or lyme disease or any of that nasty stuff that plagues your pets. And no tornadoes, or hurricanes... just a few earthquakes that are actually kinda fun most of the time... So... I can deal with the cold but I do get my breaks.
          Ack, still no motivation. Is it normal to feel crappy 6 days after returning from an overseas trip?
          It'll take your bod a little while to adjust. Also take into account the type of weather you experienced there as opposed to here. Longer days there? Nicer weather?

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Don't tell anyone else, but HERE is the best place to live if you are a runner. 50F today.... Ha hahahahahahahahaha all you suckers, and I never have to shovel the rain. Hey I paid my dues with 36 years of ice and snow. Downside is the unbridled moss on the lawn, algae growth on the car and house (my elderly neighbour had a little plant growing out of a crack in his car), mold springing up everywhere....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

anachrotech

No icy runs for me - it's treadmill time. 2 miles after work. I do prefer morning runs as I don't seem to have the "legs" after work. I'm struggling quite a bit but after putting in barely any miles for a few months now, I guess I did ok. I did purchase some new shoes, Brooks Ariel, that I hope will work out for me.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

after a great November taper <>mariposai)>>>/<>erikina)>>>, pretty good pink door start to December too. soundrunner/tumblerunner/souci/theluckyone/mustang hi tim. Even if you can't run until June, don't worry, we'll make up for it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - just look at you! That's the stuff of legends, you know...people are starting to say, what's up with that guy, what's his secret, to have all those beautiful women flocking after him.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

I really did post the topless piece just for Tim, and I was thinking of him when I had to do it. It was less embarassing to take my tops off than to keep wrestling with myself under my first top...I mean, how uncoordinated can I be? Apparently quite when I'm sweaty. Wink In my defense (as if there is any), I got suckered by accuweather again. The "real feel" was supposedly 31 with a temp of 39. I went with the 31 number instead of the 39...ah live and learn. I like my legs, hands and head warm, and my torso and arms rather cool. I don't think that's all that common. For instance, there's no way I could run in this weather in shorts like Spareribs did today...to me that's very impressive. Have a great night all!
                    Nono, I was one of the one's rooting ya on...thanks. That makes it easier on a "Non' runner fella. And BTW, you looked....never mind, my "non" wife might get upset with me, lol. Did you mention being all hot and sweaty too...ok, off to Erika's jail mate girl friend thing... TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Carolyn, don't make me go back and edit that post! Mistakes are inserted intentionally to help me see if they are being read. Spareribs
                      Yeah, nice line Ribs. If that works, I will be using that from now on, lol. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

after a great November taper <>mariposai)>>>/<>erikina)>>>, pretty good pink door start to December too. soundrunner/tumblerunner/souci/theluckyone/mustang hi tim. Even if you can't run until June, don't worry, we'll make up for it.
                        Till June...good lord tet. I have to balance "non" running "tapering" with your meeting with the hawt gals...I will get back with ya on that one buddie. But I am still kick'n your butt big time now loser...how much did you have to pay the pretty gals anyways...I know you. HEY, notice they are ALL looking into my eyes, not your's...think about that buddie...they have Timbo on their mind. The one on your right looks kind of bored with ya actually, ha...your right, my left...she's my kinda gal. Taper Master Timmi

evanflein

Careful there, Timmy... That's Sans Souci and she could bend you up like a pretzel... Totally out of your league, fren. Wink I love that picture. Just wish I'd been there. Oh well, June... right? Hoping Sans Souci and Mustang Sally come down for that one! Well, after my leg workout this afternoon I wasn't sure how the run thing would go tonight. Truth is, it felt pretty good! I didn't have my HRM on (rarely do) but keep track of breathing and perceived effort to gauge how hard I'm working. All good tonight. 6 mile "progression" run on the treadmill (hey, it's dark and -24 out there tonight!), with mile splits at 8:49, 8:42, 8:34, 8:27 and last two at 8:20 (goal MP). Yeah me.
                          Mariposai

All good tonight. 6 mile "progression" run on the treadmill (hey, it's dark and -24 out there tonight!), with mile splits at 8:49, 8:42, 8:34, 8:27 and last two at 8:20 (goal MP). Yeah me.
                            Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

All good tonight. 6 mile "progression" run on the treadmill (hey, it's dark and -24 out there tonight!), with mile splits at 8:49, 8:42, 8:34, 8:27 and last two at 8:20 (goal MP). Yeah me.
                              Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

checking in late... 5 miles, slow of course, on a gray one. but 5 more miles... susan