Masters Running

RR, 5K Whooped by an 85 yr. old, and didn't even PR!! (Read 320 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Woods Lady - YOU are a wonder woman in my book!  Great job!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lswife

Woo-hoo! Way to go!  Loved the report.

Woods Lady, it takes guts to write a race report like this one.

Go get 'em next time!

Prince of Fatness

Great job!  Keep on runnin', Woods Lady.

Not at it at all. 

King of PhotoShop

Yes, it does appear I am going to have to watch you a bit more closely regarding the coordination of your outfit.  I started to cry after I read your follow-up about all those extra colors.  (This from a man who matches even his sunglasses to his shorts and shoes.)

But here is some good news:  Your question about the hills!  Next time you see a hill like that, instead of saying, "I know I can run up that hill!" and then having to walk when you get to the top, say instead, "Could I possibly jog up this hill at a bit more moderate pace, so that at the crest I can continue to run?"  And then do what you can to make good use of the downhill on the other side.  Even if you have to slow to a brisk walk on the upside, you will likely benefit more from being able to run down the hill later on.  This is a good question, and it's fun to see how you are improving.  You are a fine runner.  Spareribs

OK, thanks, Ribs!  I have wondered about the hills.  And I'm sorry I had the name (the Saint), of your wife mixed up with the name (Marg) of Henrun's wife.  Now I am straight.  Hope to meet you people in person sometime.  Who knows?  

I was thinking about your advice today on my run, about lifting up my knees.   I did the 6th week, day2 of C25K.  I have my own stretched out plan.  Anyway, I found that by following your advice when I was getting bogged down (I did 10 min. intervals  - just two of them, 3 minutes inbetween..), if I lift my knees, my legs feel better.   BTW, I had checked the knee lifting thing with my PT friend, and he said that it is better for the back to lift the knees, and also, not to just shuffle. Thank you for your help and encouragement.  Woods Lady

Congrats on a fine race!   Loved reading your report. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM