Masters Running

Friday, Feb 26th daily runs and delays (Read 446 times)

dg.

wow George!  poor truck.   

I hope you heal quickly!

thanks you guys.   Twocat, (thanks for asking) it's an umbilical hernia, not new, but I really irritated it shoveling heavy snow (then running, then shoveling snow) earlier this week, & now, well I guess I already said that I feel pretty bad.  I should have called earlier to get in & have it seen... it's actually kind of scary but I think I just have to be really careful.   Sorry, I don't mean to whine!    You're right Jeanne... I haven't been myself.   thanks for noticing!

Henrun & Marj have a great trip!

Carolyn that sounds like an awful trip home.   We've had an easy winter but Feb. not so much...still, nothing like what's going on other places!   and, my neighbor just used his snowblower on my sidewalk. Smile

Nancy what a wonderful honor.   You will be Mahvelous.

Erika yay for 2 loops.  

all for now.  

My hoped for 7 turned into 4 miles.  Just had the running "blehs" I guess.  52F, bit of rain, bit of wind.  The mileage on a watched Garmin never moves, I swear.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Thanks, I've passed on all your well wishes to my truck. It's definitely driveable once I get the tree off of it (hopefully tomorrow). Damage doesn't look too bad and is mostly cosmetic. Wife's minivan got a little dinged too. But I'm one of the lucky people that has power, heat, cable and no water in the basement.

More elliptical, icing and stretching on the schedule for this weekend and really hope to be able to run sometime next week. 

dg.

Enke neither do watched Polars.   Smile

welll, I went to 'urgent care', & they want me to go to the er.  Just in case.   I'm sure it's probably fine.   Not how I wanted to spend the evening.   came home for Sadie care first & will grab a few things just in case.   Olympics are set to be taped.   wish me luck!

have a good weekend!

Slo

Go Masters ! Go USA !

Some really great running going on !

Perch, that was one awesome and fast recovery.

I hit the pool this morning and got a workout in that had my heart feel like it was going to jump out of my chest. Invigorating.

I followed that up with a 7 mile run tonight with a 13 min Good Hard Tempo run stuck in the middle. Dinners done and I have a half glass of beer left......Oh and two pissed off grounded teenagers. ......On a Friday night.

dg.....Hope all is well.....check in soon !

{{{dg.}}} I hope they are just being overly cautious, but perhaps it is time to get it fixed.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

thanks....  

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A little slow, but the windstorm last night took out about 300,000 peoples' power in NH, and more importantly, the internet at work.  So I had to wait until now to see what folks are up to.

I need to add +2 to tramps about the Canadian women. I think they're more than entitled to celebrate.   I thought the drinking age up there was 18, but heard that it was 19 in Vancouver.  That would be the only small problem, since one of them was only 18.  Well, that, and one of them had a can of Coors Light   What were they thinking?

{{{{{{dg}}}}}  {{{{{dg}}}}} twice, becasue I wasn't paying attention to what was up.  Hope it'll be taken care of quickly and happily.  stoopid snow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

{{{{{{DG!!}}}}}}

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

I decided to take the day off,  new padding on the orthotics is a LOT thicker.  It almost feels like new ortho's,  I have done 15 miles on them and it feels like a little hot spot developing.   I could finish Bataan now, so I want to be a little conservative

Sue,  On the life fitness ellipticals I spent most of my time on I didn't do much with elevation,  just resistance.  (after an hour there was usually a lake of sweat around the machine on my gym's hard wood floors)

Holly,  I am sure the interview went fine.  really looking forward to the official results.

Tramps,  I too heard that the Canadian hockey women got into a little trouble with the IOC.  The IOC has no sense of humor.  There was a lengthy wall street journal before the Olympics started about why there was no woman's ski jumping this year.  the IOC had lots of reasons about how dlangorous it was for the woman.  Some people speculated that it was because jumping was such a Macho sport for Norway (as I recall), (I can probably find the article on line if anyone cares).  anyway,  it is such a Macho sport for Norway,   but,  the top women out jump the men.   Can't have that, so they solved that problem by not letting the women jump.

EGH,  so sorry about the car,  hope it really is mostly cosmetic.  RE:  suspect injury,  I always suggest backing off if there are any doubts.  (hopefully with age, we acquire a little wisdom)  There is always another race, and another marathon.  It Sucks to register for a marathon and not be able to run it.  I know this well. I registered for maybe 6 marathons in 2008 that I couldnt run.

There is one exception to the above rule though.  BOSTON  if you are injured, but you can walk it in 6+ hours.  YOU HAVE TO DO BOSTON.  Don't even think of skipping BOSTON unless you are on crutches!!  and enjoy the 26.2 mile party offered by 1 million people who know what you have been through to qualify.  (and you will NEVER forget the Welsley girls

evanflein

Hmmm, I dunno Dave. I don't usually disagree with you (ever) but might have to now. I pulled out of Boston last year at the half, and I think I made the right decision. I maybe ("maybe") could've walked to the finish, but after it being my PR marathon the year before, I just didn't want to struggle to the end like that, and left the course when I met Karin (CNYrunner) just past the half. The 5 miles before that were very hard, but I made it to where I could safely leave. It really brought home the concept of "live to run another day," and I'm looking forward to a "redemption run" this year.

{{dg}} I sure hope you're ok. Don't put that off, ok??

Leslie, I fully understand the hot dreadmill slog at the hotel... the one I was at was so hot... felt like a sauna.

I got home early today because we got done with our meetings sooner than planned and I hopped on an earlier flight standby. Pretty cool, we were eating dinner at the time I would've gotten home otherwise. Stopped by the store and got some whole chickens that were on sale, roasted up two of them and made mushroom risotto and steamed veggies. Yum. Now I have leftover roasted chicken in the freezer and some in the fridge, and two carcasses to make stock with tomorrow. (hey, I used 4 cups of older frozen stock tonight, always need to replace it!)

My original schedule had 9 for tomorrow and 19 for Sunday. But DH is gone all day tomorrow, and home late tomorrow night so it might be nice to do the more "time consuming" run when he's gone? But then... Sunday I could end my run at his office (where I'm sure he'll be) so that might be nice.... Hmmm. Not sure what to do. I leave Monday for Scottsdale, and he leaves Monday night to join me for the week... Looking forward to that, even if it's a "high mileage" week. We'll see how hat all works out.