Masters Running

2'sDay January 13 Runs and Such (Read 456 times)

King of PhotoShop

Twocat, did your PC physician rule out that this might be a kidney stone? I ask this because I have had a few bouts with them and in two cases they began with some bleeding but without any noticeable discomfort, which came later I am sorry to say. Also, you are correct that there are less painful methods for removing them today. I know, as I have had them all. Spareribs
      Twocat, did your PC physician rule out that this might be a kidney stone?
      Hmm . . . not that I know of. I wonder . . . so far the tests for an infection have all been if not negative inconsistent. Was the bleeding in your case on for a day and then off? How do you test for them? I am seeing the urologist in two days so this is something I can bring up.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Egads Twocat, that's more excitement than anyone should have. Hi Lou! Yes, I made it home this morning, right on time. Of course, we'd originally had a 6+ hour layover in Anchorage that became just about 2 hours, all because of the near-brush with a Spareribs meet up! We were about an hour out of Houston, everything seemed to be ok but then they stopped serving drinks and pretzels, came around and picked up cups and trash and told us to prepare to land. Pilot came on saying right engine was overheating and even at reduced power they couldn't get it to settle down, so we had to land. Rats. And things had been going so well, too! (really!) So, I got Spareribs' sekrit number from my source-of-all-knowledge (thanks, Hally!) and gave him a call. Would've been fun to meet up, but we were there late enough that the security folks were gone and we were told not to leave. So... DH and I left that area and went over to a more happenin' side of the airport, found a nice wine bar and had a glass. Yes Nice opportunity to try Texas produced wine. Not bad at all, either! Total of 3 hours in Dallas, then continue to Seattle on new plane, then Anchorage, then home this morning at 8 a.m. Light snow, cloudy and -1F but it's lovely. I was thinking that since I recover much easier from marathons than from long travel (my back is killing me...), next long trip I might try to fit a couple marathons in if I can swing the time away from work!! [edit to add, just for Perch... I went up and down all the stairs I could find yesterday, just to get some exercise. Not sore a bit... heheh.]
        xor

we were there late enough that the security folks were gone and we were told not to leave.
          At DFW? Huh. Glad that everything worked out safely!

Tuesday - 8 miles - 59:55 (7:30) - 1 mile wu - 8 x 1/2 mile intervals with 1/4 mile recovery jogs - 1 mile cd 8:28 - 3:17 - 2:13 - 3:15 - 2:15 - 3:13 - 2:13 - 3:10 - 2:13 - 3:08 - 2:13 - 3:06 - 2:13 - 3:04 - 2:13 - 3:00 - 2:12 - 8:29 Twocat or Twokitty as Timbo would say Wink ... I'm glad to hear how your results have come back so far ... Ribs suggestion certainly bears some thought, although that could be a bit painful later on! Teresea - I hope things turn out ok for your DW too! CNYrunner - Karin please come back we miss you...Smile
              so much to catch up on ......... so little time twocat -- my son has kidney stones and when they are starting to come thru the ureters his urine turns an awful color -- definitely worth mentioning if they haven't already tested for it erika - glad you're home ok!! teresa - hope things are better for your DH and you do have a really speedy son there! hope i can catch up more later tonight but need to go see my pt now 4 miles for me on the treadmill today -- probably last run before my surgery friday unless i can squeeze in something short thursday...............no running for 6 weeks and no work - yikes!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

From busiman: "I've been mostly offline since the Hartford Marathon. I needed some time to recover mentally more than physical. Can a marathon fry your brain? I'm back on my feet though somewhat goal-less for 2009. I had a wonderful interval workout this morning (1200,1000,800,600,400,400 @ sub 5K pace). " Busiman, we all miss you. Drop in now and then. But indulge me, what was the objective of this workout at sub 5K pace, no future goal and stale? Curious to know how this fits in with a plan, or you just felt like going out and blowing some speed work. Spareribs
                wildchild

Carolyn

Erika, glad you made it home OK. I guess that planned 6-hour layover in Anchorage turned out to be a good thing after all so you had a little "slop" in the schedule. Mainerunnah, did you realize that your interval session turned out to be almost exactly a PBJ special? 8 miles - 59:55! Denise, hope your surgery goes well and your 6 weeks off lets you rest up and enjoy time with family. My neighbor came and plowed me out this afternoon, so I got out to the rec center for a run on the indoor track. I did a mini-wave run, 5 miles alternating slower and faster miles: 10:40, 9:40, 10:35, 9:35, 10:10. I had to dodge little kids for the first two miles, as the rec center hosts an after-school program, but by mile 3 they had gone home. The rec center track is above the gym, so I was entertained by a very noisy kid's basketball practice on one side of the gym and a very quiet taekwando class in the other side.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

From busiman: "I've been mostly offline since the Hartford Marathon. I needed some time to recover mentally more than physical. Can a marathon fry your brain? I'm back on my feet though somewhat goal-less for 2009. I had a wonderful interval workout this morning (1200,1000,800,600,400,400 @ sub 5K pace). " Busiman, we all miss you. Drop in now and then. But indulge me, what was the objective of this workout at sub 5K pace, no future goal and stale? Curious to know how this fits in with a plan, or you just felt like going out and blowing some speed work. Spareribs
                    Hi SR, I've been slowly getting back into form, mostly 30-40miles/week. Tuesday has always been interval day, and it is always different (this time with a club). I'm signed up for Boston and Burlington and would like to sub 3 at one of them, but haven't committed to that yet. Funny, I also got my Hartford finisher certificate today...it looks so strange seeing my time with a "2" in the front! :-P thanks again...I'll stick around now...just needed some time.
                    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                    also on Twitter