Masters Running

Another Dam 50k - musings of a road runner's first trail ultra (Read 353 times)

Renee the dog

I just knew this was going to be a good report!  YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!  Thanks for writing up your experience.  Sooooo much fun to read (well, except for the tripping parts).      Congratulations!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

selb3

Nice job Holly, a fantastic, photo-illustrated report.  A trail ultra is an impressive feat.  Looks like a scenic course.

Dave

Super RR, UltraHolly.  I loved the final pic, with the dirt on the arm and all.  You have definitely been initiated into the trail ultra world, complete with faceplants.  This shows that you can do anything you put your mind to--but we knew that.   Have a great time in Seattle.
          Holly----what a great report and super, super running. While I am not surprised that you did so well, I am thrilled for you. You are a dedicated and talented runner and far too modest about what you can accomplish. I'll get to say congrats in person in just a few days and even get two running days with you---awesome!

Karin

arf

MM #405

Holly, I am sorry this is late.   I am SO happy for you!

Won't see you at RNR but someday soon, I promise...

Love arf

"I ran on shaded, sun-dappled paths, smelling the heady scents of the damp earth and the lush vegetation, and blissed out."

You said it all right there.  Congratulations!  Those faceplants are like race medals you savour, just dirtier and more painful.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."