Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s + On the Run - w/e 12/19 (Read 683 times)

Top 'O the World!

Wow! pretty quiet in here!~  pretty quiet @ work too....the Dew Tour is on the mtn so, I don't expect much tfc till later...then it depends on how much they "imbibed" whilst watching the show

Used the down time to hit the fitness room...bike, TM, weight machines, free weights, yoga mat, hot tub, etc. nothing hard, just a cpl hrs or so...don't have any idea how to log that ??

Looks like, once again, the promised "pool tickets" to Sunday's game won't be coming to us, so I won't get to watch GD at all this year....just checked & other than scalpers (ridiculously high priced) can't get txs this late   If I could've known waaaay earlier, I could have possibly wrangled up some....DS should be on the field as a parent volunteer but he's not allowed to take pictures of the little girls because the NFL players "have contracts" that disallow that... just in case some nut case should be more interested in taking & selling their mugs than their little girls'   & then he's not allowed to stay for the game unless he pays for a seat....So! looks like I'll be spending the day making holiday treats to disperse....

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Saturday all.  Behind as is becoming my bad habit.  Awaiting the arrival of a Nor'easter sometime in the not too distant future.  Joe--I think you may have gotten more than the 2" of slush if the reports are true.

I've been just about as bad about doing the exercises I should be doing for shins, but I hope I've found the prpoer inspiration to get my act in gear.  I've decided to do a half-marathon the 1st week in April.  My BIL's company is a major sponsor of one a couple of hours away.  I printed out the Hal Higdon novice HM--it looks pretty doable and the 12 weeks start middle of January, so I have a couple of weeks to get ready.  Here's hoping I can get my willpower up to a decent level.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Nice run for you and Dessa Lou, Jim.

Stumpy, we all need inspiration to keep us going.

Cindy, I can't believe your GD's dad has to buy a ticket in order to watch her.  And the whole picture taking thing? What a load of crap.

18 muggy, warm trail miles this morning.  Felt really good, but tired, at the end.  Kept my nutrition and fluids in line the whole day.  Started out telling myself that if I was going to feel like crap, it was going to be because I'd consumes too much as opposed to not enough, which is usually my problem.  But except for tired legs, felt great!

Now it's late, and I have 13 on the schedule for tomorrow, so I will wish you all a good nite.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance