Masters Running

Happy Tues 4/7 Runs and Goofy Stuff (Read 516 times)

Just stopping in to read Hollys RR. I will catch up tomorrow hopefully and also get back on my running schedule. Had some unexpected happenings that kept me off the roads for a few days but looking forward to getting back at it tomorrow. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Renee the dog

(My only saving grace is that nobody reads these late evening posts) Big grin
      Except some of us. Tongue 2 miles uphill on the TM tonight. My county leads NJ in unemployment rate: 16.1%. We're #1! Oh, wait, that's not a good thing? Well, better that we're #1 than any other county -- as we're seasonal -- and businesses are structured to make their money in 12 weeks out of 52.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

I ran to the track to find out that the HS track team (including my DS2) was there practicing. Their coach must have changed their plain since Tuesday is normally hill running day for them. Anyway I decided to turn around I just do my speed w/o tomorrow, but my son came running towards me saying how kulll it was for me to run there with them today (bless his soul, I thought he would be embarrassed to have mama there.) Anyway, it was actually great to run with our local stars. 5x400@ 7:00 pace with 400 jog for full recovery. It was sort of fun to have an audience...but...my little legs were burning and my lungs were working hard. Average heart rate was:159..not bad for a sunny 75F weather. 7 miles total for the day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy Anniversary, Byll! Holly & srlopez - thanks for the info on the actor from "House;" I kind of ruined the episode for myself by reading some spoilers last week, but still enjoyed it. I thought it was weird at the end of the episode that they referred viewers to an online site to write memorials about Kutner - he was a character in a TV show, after all. Ran 5.0 on the boardwalk in a FIERCE wind this afternoon, including some intervals. Back in PA for a few days to get some things organized at home before heading back to NJ for the next episodes in the Holy Week sing-a-thon at church. From Thursday to Sunday my life is basically going to be eat, sleep, run, rehearse, and sing - kinda kewl. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That is neat, Mariposai! What a great son you've got!
            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Mariposai - nice post about your son. I've been on a high all night after a interval workout that went better than expected. It was three sets of 800/600/600m with 45s between intervals and 4 min between sets. I focus on stating relaxed and keep good form. That resulted in faster splits. It is time to taper so this was my last hard workout and it felt great. Now I'll just have to pick a goal for Boston. :-P
              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
              also on Twitter

Marathon Maniac #3309

Finally....the wind has died down a bit. What a beautiful day in OK. 81F and very light wind this afternoon on a nice and easy 6 miler. Bill, happy 25th anniversary. Tim...you do nice work. Also....from now on, everytime I hear a smoke detector going off,....well, I'll never be the same. I just have this picture of you in my mind.....no, I can't even go there. Ok....maybe.....did you tell your friend about the shrinkage? Shocked (My only saving grace is that nobody reads these late evening posts) Big grin
                LOL...OH my fren, I read your late night post...it shrinks...OMG. She did laugh....and I felt damn proud of myself attracting a Gay woman BTW...sorta, lol TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Oh we all read the late night posts evryday and timbo! Wink
                  wildchild

Carolyn

I read the late night posts, too; if not at night, then the next day! Wink Mariposai, nice that your DS wanted you to stay, but it would have been fun to embarrass him, too. One way a parent can get back at their kids... One evening I went to pick up DD at school at a basketball game where she was playing with the pep band, and I didn't have time to change out of running clothes. I thought (hoped? Big grin) that she'd be mortified, but she said it was fine. She said her friends' moms were all getting fat, and she's glad I'm not.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Ok, I usually round up the late night posts... unless SteveP posts something early in the a.m. 5 miles for me tonight, along side the road with loud traffic and more wind on the outbound part than I was expecting. Still, I didn't really check my Garmin until time to turn around, Pace tonight was supposed to be easy. A few hills, I told myself, don't worry about pace. Still, when I got done, it said 8:29 avg pace. I really don't think I ran that fast, but the mile markers and time were right on where they should've been. Strange. Mariposai, you lucky girl. I'm sure my boys would've said go away till we're done!