Masters Running

Zombies Monday the 6-10-1013 Daily (Read 47 times)

I tell you this Zombies Run! app has a mean sense of humor!  Normally you it announces "Zombies 100 meters" about every mile.  You then have to sprint to outrun them.  If you go fast enough you hear "Zombies evaded" if not you get "X items dropped zombies distracted" meaning they caught you.  Between the first announcement and the final one you get a couple of updates as to where the zombies are.  If at the end of the first announcement you hear "Zombies 69 meters away" or any number greater than 50 you will likely evade them.  If you hear something under 50 you probably will not.  Picking up the pace helps increase the odds you get away no matter what.  I get past one zombie horde and about a half mile later what do I hear but "Zombies 100 meters away."  I thing WTZ!  (This is post zombie apocalypse remember?)  Next thing the song "Little Talks" which is about death and the end of life comes over my headset.  I think this is going to be bad.  The next announcement is "Zombies 29 meters away."  Not good.  Then the lyric, "I hate to see you this way" comes over the headset quickly followed by "4 items dropped zombies evaded."  True while I hate to see my loved ones turned into zombies I hate getting bit by zombies even more!  My poor avatar is now a zombies for two day.  Sad

I hope you all have a great and zombie free day!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

I don’t get the appeal of zombies.  I know, I know, I’m out of touch with pop culture.  Roll eyes

Erika—very cool that you can just take a drive to Denali.  I’m envious.

Gee, looks like Ribs is out to get someone’s goat.  (Maybe it’s Tom White’s.)  Ever since Ribs stopped saying he hates dogs, it’s been quiet around here so maybe biker battles will liven things up.

TriBee swam the Chesapeake Bay yesterday; a 4.4 mile swim basically following the Bay Bridge.  She’s been battling injuries so wasn’t in a position to “race” this but she still had fun just doing the swim.

Heavy warm blanket of humidity out there today.  Yuck.  Fortunately, it was just a 5 mile recovery run.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Oh I don't know about that Tramps.  Today I'm taking on triathletes, even including a picture from my first one 25 years ago:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2013/06/spareribs-ace-triathlete.html/

3.9 slow miles after yesterday's brisk 8-miler. All packed up and headed to Princeton.  Spareribs

3 recovery miles this morning....I will be taking my bike to work today (motorbike that is)...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

TriBee swam the Chesapeake Bay yesterday; a 4.4 mile swim basically following the Bay Bridge.  She’s been battling injuries so wasn’t in a position to “race” this but she still had fun just doing the swim.

This is probably akin to trying to explain to a non-runner that a 10 mile run was fun.  I like to swim, but somehow a 4.4 mile open water swim would be a stretch to call "fun".  But good for her.

I suppose on some boards, Ribs might be considered as trolling, but unfortunately for him, we all know him too well. Wink  I'll be down a little lower in NJ tomorrow.  Just north of Atlantic City.  I'm guessing that Rib's neighborhood is just a little nicer.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Look at me, the first girl to post among all these nice looking runners!!! Lucky Monday, I may say!

No running for me, but I do have my clothes on ready for a run. I am taking the morning off from work. Another monster week ahead and I figure the only way to use up the comp hours I  have to use up this week is by not going to work until noon today.

Have fun in Princeton, Spareribs. I was a speaker a speaker at the University there once and I remember is that they have a lot of great places to run.

Tribees is amazing. I can't not even swim 25 meters!

twocat, sorry to see that you were not able to outrun the zombies. Wish me luck this morning, I too have a fartlkes run plan and what better way to do it than by running away from zombies. Speaking of little talk, we heard it as Dr. J. and I were crossing the finish line of the marathon and  it made me think of you. BTW, I told Dr. J. I would send him the link to the son. I better do it today. Thanks for the reminder.

Lyndenrunner, how is the training for light is coming along. I can't wait to see you and your DW there.

Off I go to enjoy the breeze and sunshine!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I got up early for a short trail run - 2.5 miles, then had time to water my garden before getting ready for work also. No Zombie sightings though. Just rabbits. Now that DS is on summer break, my mornings are a little bit less hectic - not that he was high maintenance really as he got himself all ready for school just fine. Today, he's going to map out an exact cross country course on our property including in some good sized hills we have. He also has a "track" coned off for the days he does a track workout. The dogs went with me on my run this morning and then they'll go with David on his run when he gets up also. Oh, they will so happy to have their boy home everyday now!

This past weekend, we took a day to head out to the coast. Dogs had a good time at the Chetco River:

and walking along the beach afterwards:

and I shared this over on FB also, but wanted to post it here as well. this is a gift my son received from Pre's cousin who lives here in our town. My mom is a hairdresser and does his wife's hair, and they had this poster that they framed and signed for David. He wrote "hard work pays":

Tammy

Bushrat Runner

Ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday...with Tet-style training (...meaning my training for the second half was the first half...). I should run more often. But it was fun. I survived. Photos haven't been dumped off the phone yet, so maybe later.

We have a new superintendent and it is both exciting and exhausting, as she is very good but we are very busy trying to help her as she is trying to catch up on what happens here while we are in the middle of getting staff trained and camps open.

I'll be counting American Dippers on Moraine and Funnel Creeks for the next week starting tomorrow...so it is looking like my exercise for the next week will be tundra hiking. I'm okay with that.

Saturday I took the family, actually our entire household including our friend that lives with us, flying so we could have a picnic...photos:

Daughter the runner...

Our household.

Knitting and napping.

Daughter also an artist...

The strip we landed on.

Shallow bay from the air.

And my favorite photo of my favorite knitter:

.......VERY cool pics//.............that Pre Poster takes the cake..........

==================

and,

no, I don't have a cake.

also,

I don't have a goat.

something got it.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Uh oh...somebody took tomwhite's goat...
                      mustang sally

Bad faerie

I blame Spareribs.

Uh oh...somebody took tomwhite's goat...

Something's always got TW's goat.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Something's always got TW's goat.

.yes, but this time it might be a Zombie.........

plus

Hubie was a Show Goat.......

.................last known picture of Hubie

I'm not sure I can continue posting here anymore ......Ribs has broken my heart yet again!!SadCry

Ya right --- ok enough of that!!  No zombies here!!  Thought I'd be really sore after that bike ride yesterday, but doing ok - went out for a 6.2 mile run with splits that really made me smile and an overall avg pace of 8:56 - not too bad for a BIKER/triathlete!!  Roll eyesBig grin

Great pictures Tammy and Rhoon!!

denise