Masters Running

Where Is Everybody Sunday, 2.21.16 (Read 36 times)

Hey friends - I'm still around rehabbing my sciatica/piriformis/back pain and battling bouts of vertigo daily ....not fun right now but working on it.  I have been able to ride my bike on my indoor trainer and at the computraining studio but can tell I am not at full strength - it will come back!!

Wish the foolish vertigo would be gone tho - would make dealing with my other issues a little easier.

So disappointed not to be able to complete the Fudgcicle Race Series as a runner, but I did volunteer for the last 3 weeks and will be there again next Sat for the final run. This one will be a pairs race ad afterward there is a big celebration at a local diner -- will be fun to be part of the festivities even if it's not in the capacity I planned.

Have a great last full week of Feb my friends!!  Spring is coming!!

denise

Mariposai

On the way back in the car (actually a massive two seater pickup like driving the garbage truck I did in high school days for weekend work), I was further humiliated to myself when dw called on the cell phone and made sure I wrote down the things she wanted me to pick up at the grocery store on the way back. I thought it was a pretty sad commentary that she would think I was getting so old that she would have to make sure I wrote down the items she wanted, only three of them but I did,  . . . only to get back and she pointed out that I not only got bok choy instead of the chinese cabbage she wanted but I also completely forgot the gallon of milk.  oh well.

In my defense, it explained that above the bin said napa cabbage (which is the same as chinese cabbage) but the bin was empty and the bin under it didn't say it was bok choy so I thought maybe it is a strange variation of winter chinese cabbage.  Unfortunately, she didn't think much of it.

This post made me laugh so hard.

A colder day here today, nonetheless, it was a good day for the last long run for the Easy Pacer and I before our "Twocat's birthday running weekend rendezvous" this coming weekend. 10 miles for him, 13 for me.

Time to go and paint the toenails red...to hide the damaged toenails Smile that this training cycle created on my poor toes.

Taper time!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey, tet--what was your excuse about the milk? 

MikeE - it was even worse than I said as one of DD’s friends was actually on the way to get some milk for her family too but DD had her stop by as she could have one of the two gallon jugs I was supposed to be bringing back. When I returned and, even before I found out it was boy choy instead of chinese cabbage, I had no idea why the friend was trying to give me three dollars.

It gets worse though as, today, I promised to bail out of a lunch-time meeting by 1:30 in time to pick up gs and two friends to go to the indoor swimming pool. When the meeting, which, in my defense, was quite intense (but in a good way), was ending at 2:20, I had no idea why anyone would be calling me on the cell phone on Sunday afternoon. Duh.
        It was too late to go to the swimming pool but, after GS told his friends how much fun it was walking along the nearby frozen lake shore and breaking off the ice ledges left high-and-dry along the edge as the underlying water receded, they all put their boots on and we had a good time breaking the ice ledges, getting wet-and-muddy, and discovering two boots had holes.
        I won’t go into how wet I got when I had broken through into the shallows I was sticking too when I took my ice skates down to the lake this morning to test the ice and found out the ice was too thin to take them ice skating there this afternoon.  Glad I didn’t volunteer to skate out to try to entice a friend’s dog back though after he ran way out in the middle chasing a soccer ball he was supposed to be pushing along the lakeshore ice. Happily, for some reason, my wolf whistles worked.
        In the meantime, I’ve gotten a few loving e-mails from DD that more than make up for it all, at least the "love u" part.

1. Subject: coats
        Dad,
        Please instruct (GS) to hang his coat up.
        His coat rack is in the hallway.
        For your information, you can use

the large coat rack by the garage door.
        Thank u.
        Love u.

2. Subject: dishes in the dishwasher
        Dad,
        No need to wash your dishes

and leave on the counter every time

you have a snack.
        Just rinse off and put in dishwasher.
        I know you don’t like dishwashers
        but you don’t have to operate it.
        Thank u.
        Love u.
        3. Subject : little dog
        Dad,
        I hope you are not letting (the little dog)
        run around in the back yard and, if you are,
        be sure to pick up any messes.
        Thank u
        Love u
        4. Subject Common courtesy
        Dad,
        Walking in front of us when we are watching
        a show and talking to us right in the middle
        of the dialog is really quite rude.
        Common courtesy.
        Try it.
        Thank u
        Love u

5. Subject: eating in the car
        Dad,
        In order to keep the car clean, we don’t eat in it.
        Please don’t get (GS) ice cream cones to eat
        in the back seat. It ends up all over the place.
        Thank u
        Love u
        6. Subject: dogs
        Dad,
        DO NOT let (the little dog - 15 pounds) inside the fence
        we have for (the two big 120 pound malemutes&rsquoWink run.
        Are you crazy? They could eat him in one bite.
        Thank u
        Love u.
        7. Subject: car lights
        Dad,
        Be sure the dome light on the car
        is off when you get out.
        Thank u.
        Love u.

8. Subject: noise
        Dad,
        We like to sleep in on Sunday morning.
        Thank u.
        Love u.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Are those e-mails or texts? Pretty funny, really. She has the patience of a saint we know and love....

Mike, I have a lot of people say "aren't you just loving that weather?" when it's really abnormally warm or even if it's warm enough to rain (and it does). The answer is a resounding NO because it turns the roads into hazards. If everyone had good tires and knew how to drive, that would help. But they don't, so it doesn't. Today the roads were very slick but at least we didn't get rain like Southcentral did. The folks in Palmer, Wasilla, Anchorage and surrounding areas are going to have an awful commute tomorrow morning.

16.2 miles today on slick snow-packed bike paths. The intersections were very exciting at times! Temps were in the upper 20's to low 30's and I overheated a bit at first, but was fine later. Nice to run with fewer layers!