Masters Running

Final Friday Daily, 11.30.12 (Read 391 times)

Good morning, and Happy Friday!

Todays a SRD for me, and my cross trainings been non existent.  Tomorrow, I start my Days of Christmas plan... Meaning either running or some sort of cross training every day.   Helps me feel better about all the holiday eating and eating.  And drinking. 

Good luck Baboon, with your 5k!  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Only went 2.5 miles this morning...got home and found out I'm .5 miles short of 100 for the month...guess I'll be running after work...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Tomorrow, I start my Days of Christmas plan... Meaning either running or some sort of cross training every day.   Helps me feel better about all the holiday eating and eating.  And drinking.

That's a really good idea!  Every year during the Holidays my training goes down.  Not that that is necessarily a bad thing since everyone needs to take a break every now and again.  But I've been on much of a break for most of November already, so it's time to kick it in.  I may just do this!

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

lamerunner

Good morning.  ...nice to see the new faces but hard to keep track of everyone! I ran about 6.5 through the hills of Manchester this morning, cool and calm. Will try to do a swim later. Yesterday was a somewhat tired 8 miles. I still seem to be playing catch up from all the driving last weekend!  I also added a lunch time elliptical session earlier this week to hang out with an injured friend. All ok though; no races on the horizon so I can adjust as needed. I am trying to get a solid base built back up so i can try to do a late Spring marathon maybe and be prepared. Looking forward to some trail running untill the snow comes then some winter hiking.  Ski season is underway, though only a few trails open so far.

DS is excited!

DD on her way back from Colorado.  She loved Colorado College, climbed at their climbing gym and ran into a kid from NH  she used to climb against in youth competitions.  Small world. She is kicking herself for not applying there as a freshman.. we suggested it , but she is one who seems to have to learn things on her own......  She will try to transfer in and hope for the best, but not many people leave, so not that many spots are available.

CNY, where in NH are you?   I will be back up in the north country tonight.

Tramps

“Final Friday” sounds a little ominous.  I hope not.

CNY—are you working up there?  Plymouth?

Someone’s gonna have to compile a cheat sheet for me to have any chance of remembering who everyone is now.  You know…“Drake---muscle cars”…”Zeke—weird fixation with Osmonds”…”Blue Runner22—winer”…  just the key stuff.

7 miler for me this morning.  It was cold (for us) in the mid-20s and I foolishly put a light hat on.  By mile 3 I was carrying it in my hand in shame.

Be safe. Be kind.

delicate flower

lamerunner, where do you do your skiing?  DW and I are Mount Snow season pass holders.  She has family up there who we stay with pretty much every weekend in the winter.  I'm always surprised they have not gotten sick of us yet...heck, I'd get sick of me.   

jlynne, I went looking for that mileage thread but I seem to be an internet noob......

<3

King of PhotoShop

Racing a 5K tomorrow so just 2.2 at the park for me today.  I'll plan to get up early tomorrow, slap some Aqua Velva on my face and be ready to rumble.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Spareribs, you are so funny! Will your 5k have some Berthas?

Lyndenrunner, 100 miles for the month, way to go with your building up.

Bluerunner22, I like your avatar, a lot! I am sure Holly and Erika would agree with you too!

No running for me.  I am still being letting my body rest post cold. It is amazing how wiped out I feel by the end of the day and I just got the mild case of the bug.

Tonight is food drive night with my Rotary club. Think of me as the Santa Bell ringers in front of a mall greeting people and asking for donations for the food bank.  I just need to find a Santa outfit between now and then. Maybe a Santa bear would do Joking

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

jlynne, I went looking for that mileage thread but I seem to be an internet noob......

It's probably back a page or so at the moment.  When we get to towards the end of the month Wildchild (carolyn) will post a thread with a pretty running picture to let us know it's time to tally up the massive miles for the month. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

lamerunner

Baboon, we ski mostly at Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham notch, NH,  right "across the street" from Mt Washington.  My DS is on the race team there. DD raced from there for years too; she is taking a year off school this year and will be working ski patrol at Wildcat this winter.  We are hoping to see her but not in her professional capacity...

TammyinGP

wow - page 2 before 9:00 a.m. my time. I'll never be able to keep up now!

november really fell apart for me running-wise. quite a bit of rain didn't help. not to mention it's dark by the time I leave work now, so much more difficult to get in runs like I used to. I really don't like the darkness of late november thru mid january.

attending a 2 hrs super yoga class with my mom tomorrow, then taking her out to lunch. probably go bowling with the family on saturday night. Hoping for a reprieve in the rain on Sunday, or at least less rain, so I can get in a run.

December will be about re-establishing the habit of running regularly, getting my long runs back up to 8-10 because January starts a training cycle for me.

Tammy

Okay it is 11:51 and the daily is already on page 2!  I tell you I cannot keep up with this.  Shocked  I have a meeting to head off to so this was just a quick time killer post.  Happy the week is up.  Even happier that on my way home on the train last night I finally got my computer code to run!  Now on to the next database manipulation program.  Dead

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

delicate flower

Baboon, we ski mostly at Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham notch, NH,  right "across the street" from Mt Washington.  My DS is on the race team there. DD raced from there for years too; she is taking a year off school this year and will be working ski patrol at Wildcat this winter.  We are hoping to see her but not in her professional capacity...

Excellent!  I've been out west a few times...twice to Park City and twice to Lake Tahoe.  They say if you can ski in the east, you can ski anywhere.  Usually though it's east coasters saying that.  Big grin

stumpy77, thanks for the mileage thread info.  I'll definitely add to it after my final November run tonight. 

<3

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Mornin, Y'all !

Jay, I was going to say you're dating yourself with that Aqua Velva reference, then realized I caught it, so....

C-R, you still awake?

Baboon, nice work there, bud! That's a lotta dang miles! I'll be expecting you to hand me beer at the end of Colchester in February - you'll have plenty of time to go get it. 

Kudos to all of you that get out for the early morning runs.  I've got to start doing that more myself.  BY the end of the day seems like so much has piled up to do, that  the run doesn't  happen. Last night it was DS1's grad school essay, the night before was his car troubles.  Late to bed, late to rise - not healthy or wise. 

Tramps, Final Friday doesn't sound ominous to me - but then again that's because it reminds me of the monthly "Final Friday" party one of the local microbrews throws - they open up the warehouse floor and bring in a band, and serve right from the sample taps.  $5 gets you 3 beers - not a bad deal!

No run for me today (late to rise a'gin Smile ), and heading to Newport for the weekend with DW and a friend, for the annual tree lighting and decorated boat parade, plus nsome Christmas shopping.  Hoping to get some miles in on the weekend, perhaps along Ocean Drive and The Cliff Walk there. 

Good luck to all of you racing this weekend!

Dave59

I was up at 4:00am to oversee the installation of the latest changes to the computer system.  Once everything was settled and it was clear I wasn't needed at work or home i went over to the gym for 40 minutes on the ARC trainer.  If the predicted snow had actually materialized I would have gone running.  I really like the ARC trainer.  40 minutes on the hill interval program and I was wobbly on the dismount (because of a good leg workout.)

Now it is noon and I don't know if I should try to do more real work, pretend to be working, or just go read a book.

Good news came in a few minutes ago.  My daughter's boyfriend got a decent full time job offer from the company in Green Bay where he worked the last couple summers and has been working remotely from school.  He graduates in a couple weeks.  My daughter is already in Green Bay holding down the fort working at the same company.  She graduated last spring.  I was really hoping that the boyfriend wouldn't get shafted when the time came to get a real job.  You know how companies can be.  Suck all the cheap labor you can out of people and then dump them.  Sure glad that wasn't the case this time.

Now I will definitely be running the half in Green Bay next spring.

My older daughter is already applying for jobs for when she graduates in the spring.  If she lands a job too I think I'll do a dance, Gundam Style.