Masters Running

Tuesday, December 29th runs and stuff (Read 545 times)

Henrun

Woods Lady-thank you for your kind comments. Your 360 is great for the little time you've been running-(I have 36 years of running behind me). Good luck on New Year's Day.    

Wild Child- even if I'm not wearing a running jacket (which I wear on cold days) I just carry my subway pass and a credit card-I also have a couple of Race Ready running shorts-ideal for carrying stuff and not getting weighed down.

Karin-I'm jealousl-wish I could be at Fenway on Friday (I'm a great hockey fan).

Karin-I'm jealousl-wish I could be at Fenway on Friday (I'm a great hockey fan).

I know Henry...I am jealous too. Mr. CNYrunner and I will just have to rely on his reporting and photography skills. I am so happy for him though that he gets this chance. We'll just have to keep watching Center Ice, eh?

evanflein

Hmmm, I think Twocat means FICA as opposed to FICO. I think we're talking Social Security and not credit scores here... But that's right in that the employer saves on payroll taxes, and the employee saves on federal taxes.

7 miles at just under 8:30 avg pace... temps were -11F for the most part. Where I turned around at one point the sign said -13, but my car said -11 where I started and it's pretty accurate. Legs felt pretty good but oh boy am I out of shape. Had to stop a couple times on the uphill parts (over the railroad overpass) to catch my breath and stopped a couple times to de-ice my eyelashes.

Uhh,  yea . . . sorry folks!  evanflein is right.    FICA, not credit scores!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Glad to see that we're not the only ones paying for the grown kids cars.  DW moved DS's car off the road (winter parking ban) and said--Do you know that the brakes go almost to the floor?  Oh yah, it's been that way for a while   our friendly mechanic has it now and I hope he'll be gentle.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.