Masters Running

Hartford Womens Triathlon RR (Read 142 times)

I'll post this here since I post here more often than on the multisport board. Just the facts again: -1/2 mile swim in a crystal clear lake in Winding Trails park. -got beat up by other swimmers and had to take a few cough breaks to clear out the water I inhaled. Yuck. -21 minute swim. ugh -12 mile ride around Farmington CT in a pouring rain. -I borrowed my daughters carbon fiber road bike. It was SWEET! Glad I did. -I got passed a few times but passed those racers later on in the course -I passed about 50 racers. -A traffic director stopped the racers to let traffic into a church. HUH!? -43 minutes (yeah) -3 mile run up and down hill on muddy trails -36 minutes. -my slowest 5k yet. But it was hilly, slippery and muddy! -met a runner and chatted the whole way and made plans to run the Manchester Road Race with her and her friends. Despite the downpour, my tri partner and I had a blast. We both loved the ride and will be back there next year. I highly recommend this one ladies! Side note...DD, Kim, volunteered. She got to work the Whole Foods tent and was talked into volunteering for the Hartford Marathon next month. Way to go Kim! Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Way to go Laurie and this sounded like so much fun! Sometimes I think the muddier the better for a race like this. Thanks for the report and I'll need to think about this and try and get my running pals to join in as well. Cool that your daughter is volunteering for Hartford. Are you racing there? If so, maybe I'll finally meet you! Thanks for the report! Karin
        That sounds awesome. Only in my dreams could I do a triathalon! Congrats on a great day!
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Karin, I am not running Hartford this year since I am doing the Cape the 26th. But I might be there to support the women in the club who are running and I might help out with Kim. Will let you know. Yep we need to get together for a run soon. Are you ready for Hartford? Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Evryday, If its in your dreams then make it your reality! If you dont like to swim they have duathlons (run bike run). If you dont like to bike then have aquathons (run swim run). Laurie

Evryday, If its in your dreams then make it your reality! Laurie
              Laurie, I like the way you think. Thank you for the encouragement! ....and the inspiration.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Congratulations on the accomplishment and great race. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

It sounds like you reallly enjoyed yourself, flyin. Maybe the swim should have come after the muddy trails to get the mud off. It's neat your daughter was a volunteer. Congratulations on a fine tri. TomS
                  wildchild

Carolyn

Hardcore effort! Inhaling water, cycling in the rain, and running in the mud. Whew! And you want to do it again next year! Smile That says it all.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

nice job Laurie!! sounds like you had a great time!!

denise