Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 11.13.13 (Read 44 times)

...jay//....no cat in the world is worth feeding at 350-AM.......

i'mjus'sayin's'all

==========

but I digress........getting harder to shake off those AlWeekEndInTheCar  Trips

tues and wed

32mprnb

plus steps

.............good running guys..........

.we probably

should give the Police a heads-up if ribbs and burger get together

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

enkephalin ROFLMAO!  Big grin  My thoughts exactly!

Quick post today.  I had intended to go out and do some speed work.  But first my DW's car went into the shop last night and that meant I had to drive her to the train station this morning.  That in turn meant I would be delayed getting out which may or may not mean the high school track would be in use.  On top of that it was 22°!  Where did that come from?  Where are those plane tickets south . . . Oh yes, speed work.  Going out in the tundra therefore required me to dress like an Eskimo and furs are really bad for speed work.  Okay, not furs.  Just a lot of plastic clothing.  Still not good for speed work.  So I had a clever idea.  I would go out for 8 miles and run from zombies today and then if it warms up a bit see about doing speed work tomorrow.  Well part of the plan is still in place.  The zombie part got nixed when my phone app claimed I needed to purchase additional episodes.  That would be necessary if I had not already purchased a season pass!  So, post run I sent the developer an email complaining along with a copy of the purchase receipt and telling them to fix their database.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Handsome picture of Ribs and Byll.

I agree!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

If I make it to next week in one piece I'll see about catching up here.  Since getting back from the wedding I have been getting caught up at work and trying to do what I can to help my other daughter get ready for her move to the Chicago area this weekend.  She has what looks like a great job with a Fortune 500 company that is supposed to be a good place to work.  The skills she picked up in Green Bay paid off in the long run even though the job didn't.

I also found time to rake some more leaves but haven't been able to fit in a run yet.

If you are bored and/or have insomnia, I put some wedding pictures on my Flickr site.  Just a few shots from my junky camera.  No professional shots yet.  Here is a link to the site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davebegley/sets/72157637517423986/

Let me know if you try and it doesn't work.  There are a couple short videos of Annabelle dancing.  The kid was out on the dance floor for a couple hours.  It didn't matter if she was the only one or not.  In fact, she liked it most when she was out there alone.  She apparently has very few of my genes.  That should bode well for a happy life.

Mike E

MM #5615

Very cool Dave!

Dave....loved the picture you posted the other day with Annabelle with her shoes off!

I was sure Tet was going to say something....anyway, I think all 5 year olds should have that right!  Or maybe she is older now?

5.1 mile Remi fartlek run.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

Hi all Smile

I slipped in here backwards as usual, to see Dave's post....    just the perfect thing to find...     Dave I can relate to just about every word in your post.    (btw.  if you're bored or have insomnia, I have a COBOL problem....)(which might just require persistence along with boredom & insomnia on my part, but I'm willing to share...)      I really loved your pictures.

just a little catch up.  have been plugging away at the elliiptical/bitty run/bike/weights/pool run routine with some progress.  no pt clearance for running, really, but then I haven't gone to pt.  and so.   4.25 miles Sat. which made me happy....   Monday I'd thought I'd throw caution to the winds & run one of my outdoor hilly routes but woke up & realized how stoopid that was... got to the gym for a reasonable everything & had forgotten my shoes.   ellipticalled etc. in my street shoes then pool ran.  biggest issue now is the post hernia surgery complications that I've whined about from time to time have not gotten any better.  there's a place in Toronto which I have heard will re-do your surgery (to remove the mesh)...  a big deal, but could make a big difference.   sorry if this is tmi!!!   thought maybe... somebody had experience, or someone could use the information, & if nothing else, a perfect opportunity for another glass of whine.

evanflein

Whine away, dg, that's ok. I'll have a glass with you!

We're having another "winter storm" thing out there, with more snow and freezing rain. Our windshield was caked with a pretty thick layer of ice this morning! I don't think I've ever seen it quite like that... they call it "frizzle" for "freezing drizzle." Lovely. It turned to snow later in the day, and when I got off work it was actually raining, pretty hard too, up on campus! Geez... and temps in the upper 20's. What's up with that? The roads are an absolute mess as are all the sidewalks and bikepaths, not that I want to be out in that crap anyway! So.... 8.5 miles on the TM tonight, progressive pace style. First treadmill run since last spring sometime.

8:50
                  8:42
                  8:34
                  8:27
                  8:20
                  8:13
                  8:07
                  8:20
                  8:34 for the last half mile

Took some water breaks in the last half and was a sweaty mess at the finish, but glad to have gotten this far on the TM for my inaugural run of the season!

Schools were closed today but campus was open. We'll hear by 7 a.m. whether we're "closed" or expected to use our best judgment on driving in to work. Since I live on a hill, I might have to seriously think about whether I really need to go in to work tomorrow or not... I did bring work home tonight, just in case.

Loved the video of Annabelle dancing, Dave. Nice pictures, too. Beautiful family, cut yourself some slack, k?

Mariposai

Yes, Annabelle's pictures made my heart happy all night tonight! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I almost saw myself when I was a child...man...I loved dancing then and I still do know.

DG, mariposa hugs to you my dear sistahhh. Praying for wisdom for you as you make your decisions.

A glass of good Merlot was also well earned for me tonight. No  running, no Xt, nothing but a two and half driving on thick, thick fog to get to my training site, sat for 6 hours of intense training ( I hope I can pass my  accreditation test next week), then drove back home under thick, ugly fog...my hands are still shaking form pressing on the wheel so hard to make it back home.

Nite, everyone!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I was sure Tet was going to say something....anyway, I think all 5 year olds should have that right!  Or maybe she is older now?

/p>

somehow it got me all unformatted, especially when it got twocat doing whatever you do on the floor when you get it. I'll have to try again on the library high speed tomorrow when I'm not limited in my access as one of the 6%'ers still on dial-up. However, you're running so well now that I"m sure you'll really enjoy it. Howver, it really hard to go do it by yourself, especially in the winter dark and cold.. ........... ............... ............... sounds like it's Novemver already in FAirbanks. I wonder if rhoon's frozen in too? . . good luck dg.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Annabelle is such a cutie!

Erika - nice speedy TM run!

Mariposai - I would hate all that driving.  Do you listen to audiobooks on those long trips?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."