Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 5.19.17 (Read 31 times)

evanflein

I'm sorry Tramps, but your description of your experience this morning had me laughing. You could write an obit and make it funny, I swear. Hope no long-term damage done.

Nice to see Jlynne pop in, I wish you'd do that more often! Have fun this weekend, yes I mean that. Has it really been a year already?? I had to go check my race log to be sure! It sure was a warm one last year, but we sure had fun!

Dave, I'm not sure what a General Patton of IT would be like, but I don't think I'd want to find out. After a series of bad bosses and interim bosses, we've had a pretty good one for almost a year now. I hope she stays longer than I do.

Got a lot done at work today (still here, too), including a 5.2 mile run that went pretty well this afternoon. I'm really trying to run with an easy effort, and to run consistently without pushing or working too hard. Strange that this is a "thing" for me, but it is. I've been dealing with residual fatigue for quite awhile, and I'm really tired of it (ha, yeah really). So I'm trying to be smart about it and take myself off auto-pilot, where I seem to get into trouble. Today was a good steady run with the only stops being for traffic at intersections, and ended up with an 8:34 average pace. Not bad at all, and felt good afterwards. There may be hope for me yet.

Mariposai

I figure if I keep going on long runs with her, I might inadvertently be in marathon shape myself. 

You are almost there. Running those long runs like they are nothing. Do I see a fall marathon for my tammyskirtalina?

Jay, you are such an inspiration to me on a daily basis. Thanks for all you do for your community and for the wellness world, and for us here in t his forum.Your daily recap gives life to our forum.  I hope your day is filled with fun and great food (such as the lobster fest you had for our Rosie Ruiz fan club finish line celebration last year Smile).

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Who's Jay?

I am beat.  As soon as I got home, I took 6 daycare kids for a run around the block; loaded up the lawn mower and drove across town to Eric's house and let him use it to mow his front yard while I tried--unsuccessfully--to fix his lawnmower; finished mowing his lawn while he cleaned up a little; took him to Subway and Walmart and got him a few groceries; dove home and mowed my lawn; and, now--it's bedtime!

Okay--that's it.  Hey!  Good luck to all the racers, this weekend!  See ya!

SteveP

Happy birthday Jay!

Tramps, that must have been quite a sight.

Tet, you sure have had your share of adventures.

Mike, it's greta that you're running with the little squealers.

SteveP