Masters Running

Friday, June 18 Daily stories.....and run reports too (Read 464 times)

Whoosh, Walt & CNY in the same race.  The currents should hit here Monday, I'm guessing.

Interesting musing on names yesterday--we're in the midst of the annual state bar convention.  It is held in different towns so we only get it every 3rd year or so. 

Tammy, the Keynote Speaker is an Oregon lawyer who volunteers at Hopewell House, in sw Portland.  He is Tom Collins, and worked in the Portland PD office for several years.  Ever hear of him?

...........and did you see that Wadena MNgot messed up pretty badly by a tornado yesterday?

I was the fastest woman in the Bar 5K this am (yup, I have heard those jokes)--and like Tag, I am learning to go out slow at the beginning.  23:14 but the last mile was 7:39.  Not real peppy, but I think some of the competition might have spent too much time at the receptions over the last several nights. 

Happy Bataversary there, Tag's humans.

Wannabe, my folks were from western PA--Punxsy/Rossiter area.  If you end up aceing your marathon in Sept., check out Johnstown and see if they still put one on in October.  It's a nice course with a lot of downhill.  I ran it a fews back and really enjoyed it.

Love the wonderful description of nono's, enke's and Mary's runs, and a few others...

Have fun at the parade, Slo.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
    TammyinGP

speedy Aamos to the Bar - I've heard of Tom Collins before - but not in the attorney form. He could have been before my time with OCDLA perhaps?

hadn't heard of the damage in Wadena either. I'm so out of the loop.

Tammy

Mariposai

ooopsss. that cool kids posting last night was by Trent and not slow-hand...sorry buddie.

Good luck to Walt and Karin. I will waiting for your reports.

Erika, are your sons watching the soccer games? We have them all taped for future viewing. 

tetsujin, that was a cool dress...do you think I would look good on that? 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tetsujin, that was a cool dress...do you think I would look good on that? 

It's enough to make the rest of us want to become butterflies too

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

9 miler last night on the treadmill "O" death.  Nice run as far as treadmill runs go, legs felt good breathing was controlled and the pace was right at 8:03 per mile.    I'm finding that running at night then getting on line in the morning I am one of the lasts to post comments and its tough to wad through all the posts and replies.  I hope evryone has a good saturday run, I plan on a short recovery run of 4-5 miles

Take care

Karl

evanflein

Geez Karl, and you live in CT! Try living in Alaska and posting your lunchtime run after half of these east coasters are heading to bed! Go ahead and post what you run, on whatever day works best for you. It all works.

I ran 4.1 easy miles, taking advantage of the tailwind on the uphill portion (outbound) and the downhill portion on the return and ended up with 8:18 avg pace without hardly breaking a sweat. Very nice run. Just enough to shake up the legs a bit and get rid of that "oh my God I sat on my butt all day" feeling. 

Tomorrow's 10k should be good if I can take it easy for most of the day. Looks like temps will be mild and a 10 mph tailwind. What's not to like?

Marathon Maniac #957

Karl,

Don't worry.  We still read about your runs, but the next morning over coffee.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."