Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 12.11.17 (Read 37 times)

Emergency lockout: if you have access to a drill and a 3/8" bit you can drill the lock out. Other methods include using a Sawzall or hack saw and cutting off the handle, then you can use a screwdriver to open the lock. You'll have to buy a new $15 door handle.

Or, and this will have you slap your forehead: cut or bust through the drywall near the door handle, reach through and unlock it. Patch the drywall later. If you do this, remember where the light switch is so you don't try to bust through right where it is and run into a box and wires. Go a little lower.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wildchild

Carolyn

My sympathies on the kid troubles, Holly.  I know I'm super lucky to have a sweet, trouble-free DD.  I not only don't have a lock on my bedroom door, I don't even have a bedroom door.  My DH never got around to putting one in when we built the house...  I have a curtain. 

DH got home from his month-long climbing trip on Saturday.  We're discussing our future travel plans, which are somewhat hindered by having two very old dogs.  Today I didn't run, but we went for a 2.5 mile walk.  We're planning to go climbing tomorrow - it's been a long time since I've climbed, so hope I remember how!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

pfriese

I was in Miles to Go this year, and we are dead last, although I should make my goal of 2000 miles.  I will not join next year.  The fact that the group formed up here at RA and then immediately migrated to FB was a disappointment to me.  I am only rarely on FB, brief glimpses each week.  It's hard enough for me to keep up here...

Holly S, my team last year pretty much migrated to a Facebook only team. This year my team had a presence both on Facebook (daily) and in a private RA forum (weekly). I think everyone was happy with that arrangement even though 2 of our members were not on Facebook at all. I've signed up again for next year & who knows, maybe some new iteration of communication will surface. Like evanflein, I had to go on injured reserve through the summer so I'll not meet my goal but I have found the game motivational.

Paul

mrrun

my locked door story - Forty plus years ago my DD (around age 2) locked herself in the bathroom where all the meds were kept (doctor's house).  she was screaming - too scared to unlock door.  we took the door off the hinges - it was either that or break the window and have glass shatter everywhere.

marj

Wrong thread....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth