Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 8.28.17 (Read 33 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

No running today, mainly due to being worn out. Not from running or cycling, but because we just had three social events in the space of five days, and for an introvert this is just plain exhausting! I feel like going into forced isolation for a few days.

Funny - my DS and I are similar (to each other) in that we come across as extroverts, but after a few days in a row of lots of socializing, want to hide at home for a bit to decompress quietly...

Twocat - awesome you are at home! I hope your pain is minimal.

BTY - you are a good dad....

MikeE - your workouts are always good enough, or more than good, in my book.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

add in 20bike miles after work

Since, I moved ahead of the pace bunny for cycling last week, I definitely put a bit of a change of pace on it. Now have almost 2 weeks banked.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

2C - thanks for the updates.
        It’s bad enough not being able to eat
        but, especially as a teacher and academic,
        are you able to talk at all, or just type?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I too am wishing twocat a speedy recovery. Did they send you home with pain meds? It is unbelievable what those poor people in Texas are enduring. I can't imagine leaving your home and not knowing if it will be there intact when you return. Jay, those SRD's are nice to have especially when you really need one.  I sure hope you find your glasses. MrStarr lost his prescription sunglasses a couple months ago and finally ordered another pair. Leslie, wouldn't that be great if those patches work? Didn't TomWhite recommend them too?  I saw Deez's pictures on FB but don't know her time/place or anything. She looked happy.

We had DD1 over for supper for her 39th birthday and I was going to get some steaks but we had so much stuff in the fridge I called MrStarr this morning and said we'd do hamburgers or brats.  Well, he also had bought a pound of ground turkey (don't ask me why).  I have had 2 turkey burgers, my first and my last.  They were horrible!  I can't believe that I have a 39 year old but I do.  It is so sad that she still hasn't taken steps to get her act together.  She is paying her rent and her bills, but she really needs to get a full time job.  She did start teaching piano lessons this summer, but could be doing so much more. Her apartment is as messy as it has ever been but I can't make her change.

Dusk and dawn times are sure changing fast aren't they? I have been walking more than running this past week.  My knee started hurting yesterday after 1/4 mile so I walked the neighborhood streets and mapped out a 2 1/2 mile route that has street lights, as opposed to the dark path through the park/campground. Today I walked on my breaks, then did the trail after work so maybe 3 1/2 miles.  I will try to run tomorrow and see how it goes.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich