Masters Running

Off Topic Help Request--London Trip (Read 174 times)

King of PhotoShop

Sorry for the OT post, but many of you folks are pretty worldly-wise. My family of four (me, wife and two boys) are visiting London, England for 8 days this summer and rather than stay in a hotel we are exploring the idea of renting a flat or condo in the city or close by. Difficulty is that using the net it's hard to find an estate agent or whoever handles these sorts of things, where we can rely on reputation and past experiences by people we know. My questions: have any of you any advice or ideas for us? Any past experiences that you could share, references to an agent, or friendships with anyone who is either engaged in this type of work or may know of a place? I am grateful for all ideas. I was going to write privately to BAP, but not sure if he posts much any more or checks this site. Thank you. Spareribs
      Ooh-ooh! I can contribute here. My brother adores London, and always rents a flat there when they visit. He stayed for 5 weeks last May. If you'd like more information, I can forward him your email address. Here is a quote from the email he sent me last year: We will be staying at the Glenthurston Apartments, Flat G, 29 Canadian Ave., London, SE6. The site is: http://www.londonselfcatering.co.uk/ I'll send along the direct number to the flat. If you can't get through on the first try, you should be able to leave voice mail. We will be taking day trips, perhaps back late, and may even take a longer side trip to York, Cardiff, or some other improbable destination. Our plans are very, very flexible. Some days we may get no further than the patio. The curious among you can find the patio using Google Maps and look for 35 Canadian Ave., London. You'll see the place-marking arrow in the middle of Canadian Ave. immediately in front of our building. (Google's maps are just a bit off.) Our building is on the right (east) side of the street as you're looking at the aerial photo. You should see two patios to the rear of that building. Our patio is the upper of the two, the owners' patio is the lower. The building just above the one we're in is also part of the complex and is where we stayed the first two times with the kids. Our flat for those visits had the patio that's visible in the photo. Nice place. The building to the rear of the property has the pool, laundry, and another flat. There's a new building to the rear of the pool that's the guests' communal lounge with wet bar and pool table. To the rear of that, facing Bromley Road, is the third building of the group. We've been in one flat for drinks but haven't rented one of those newer flats. The Internet is a wonderful thing

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Who gets to take care of the puppy, Frank wants to know.
        Masters 2000 miles

King of PhotoShop

Aamos, the across the street neighbors volunteered instantly when we told them we were going. They love the pup. What was your time in VC? Spareribs
            Be careful--they're turn his head while you're gone and he'll be sneaking over there..... Clowning around 3:33:01 and a neg. split: 1:46:48 at the half, 2:43:11 at mile 20 and then the knowledge of Ben & Jerry's at the finish is what it takes. Are you drinking your tea white and having elevenses to get in shape for London? I continue to remain jealous Roll eyes>note greenish hue.
            Masters 2000 miles
              Wish I could help here but all my trips have been on business and that meant somebody else picked my hotel. But, I can tell you one thing I sure hope you paycheck comes in something other than dollars! Everything out here seems to have the same number attached to the price as in the US, but Euros and Pounds are sure worth a LOT more than a dollar now! Ok, this is not helpful. Sorry. On the up side, London is a great place to visit. You and your family will have a wonderful time. Is this your first trip there? How about for the kids?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/