Masters Running

Sunday, June 27th runs and such (Read 624 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I thought maybe they were doing a ghost of RnR marathon,

but using the old Seafair course instead. 

Whaddya think?

http://bellevueghost.blogspot.com/
     sounds sounds like just the kind of thing francesca francesca would do do.

It would have been fun to run a few miles with you but this was a taper weekend for me.

ETA - nice photos tom but maybe check with tammy about makin' 'em a little bigger for some of us.

ps - After celebrating his birthday at the Seattle RnR, maybe SRL stayed to run #250 at the Seafair Ghost

if he didn't make it back to hometown Hawaii 26.2 miler instead.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

claire pic from last summer in maine......sorry, don't know how to make them bigger.

...PBJ//....hope you didn't shake anything loose...........easy does it.

............dg//.........NICE........

=========

........high 80s this morning...........did 25min 4/1 and had to use the cane......

I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

AND

am probably An Inspiration...............N0T

for FUTURE reference for you guys,

put the handle

next to the hip

and mimick the hip movement,

it REALLY gives the leg a rest.

.................good running guys......

thanks tw.

nice pictures but yes bigger would be nice!!  

and yes of course you are.  wtg this morning.   actions & attitude.     (high 80's???)

thanks Karin Smile    congratulations for your AG first & really really fast 10 miler in a 17 mile day!!!  oh, my. 

lamerunner that's a lot of running this weekend!

all for now.  wiped out after today, I think it's the humidity.    (jtwwli)

oh, have been wondering about Jeanne, Sue, & Eliz... others too but that's who comes to mind at the moment.  I hope you all are ok.

while I'm hoping I hope that Leslie & Holly had a good weekend!

Maniac 505

Tet,  I saw SR before the start,  didn't know it was his birthday but he did set a PR

Pedey's got a fractured foot.  I'm bereft.   And what the heck is a "hyper-extended knee?"  This is Clay's problem

The usual hyper-extended knee for a pitcher happens when they land awkwardly on the "landing" leg while throwing off the mound.  Clay got his while running the bases, but said he landed in a funny way.

Meanwhile, Victor M....broke his finger so now Varitek has to catch day to day for a while.

Three days and three injuries for the Red Sox....GET OUT OF SF NOW !!!

Vista
            OK.....I give up.....I didn't want to post a picture anyway....
            Vista

Renee the dog

Been on the DL with this calf thing.  I decided it was this or this (both in the same article!):

http://musculoskeletalmri.blogspot.com/2009/03/calf-pain-is-it-my-achilles-tendon.html

Anyway, I've been icing for a few days using the recycling bin, and other than my liquor store running out of ice due to my usage, it's been successful, I think.  Test run tomorrow morning!

Hot here, but it is summer.  Ocean is great! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

take it easy nono...buterfly hugs to you my friend.

Camping all weekend. I aimed at 14 miles trail run for today...friends kept me up until the early morning...and not a drop of wine was drank...Smile...we just had a blast talking the night away...no running...ohhhhhhhh well.... I am sure I am loosing conditioning very fast...but...such is life. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Probably not as fast as you think, Mariposai. Sounds like a nice weekend for you, even without any wine. 

I ran 16.5 miles today, 8:10 avg pace and it was a good run, even with the crappy weather at the start. The biggest problem is I dressed for the start of my run... cool, cloudy and misty/drizzly. But that cleared up by about 10 miles, and the rest of the run was pretty warm, made worse by how I was dressed (long sleeves). Gave me 47.7 miles for the week, which is about what I was hoping for (plan was 47-50) so I can back off this week and do a mini taper for my mile race on Thursday.