Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP - w/e 12/06 (Read 458 times)

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tallies later.  Have a great week!!

Ev - 21 running miles - Keepin' er goin'!

Erika - 22.2 miles run, 40 minutes pool running, 1 hour elliptical (6.94 miles), 2 x weights and 1.9 miles walking - Takin' it nice easy on that foot, just as she's suppose to do.  Good girl!

Dutchie - 35.91 kilometers - Very nice, indeed.

Nono - 3 mi running,20 min yoga,  7 hrs. of wallpapering, and, in her own words:lots of slacking off and overindulging

Lyndenrunner - 8 miles.  Had some good ole Thanksgiving down time.

Eliza - Ran 16.5, walked 7.0,  and "didn't let my mini-funk get me off track."

dg -23.1 running miles, 3.9 walking miles, 30 min biking, 45 min strength, 20 min elliptical (And the Editor saw your comment about slacking re strength training. You're not accusing the Editor are you? )

pfriese - 23.2 running miles.  Our quiet, but consistent, compadre.

fatozzig - 19.21 road miles, 10 trail miles, 30 min biking, 1.25 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 easy ---------------------------------------------------- 3 easy peasy

Wed - 5 easy ---------------------------------------------------- Woke with a nasty headache - no run

Thurs - 3 easy/Travel ----------------------------------------- 3 easy peasy

Fri -Rest/Travel ------------------------------------------------- Done

Sat - Easy Run/Walk ------------------------------------------ 2 mile walk

Sun - Desert High 50k --------------------------------------- 31.06 miles

Totals: 39.06 miles

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Yeah, I crack myself up all the time.

Thanks, Leslie! After my "big week" of just over 22 miles... I'm not sure whether to keep going or "step back." Hard to believe I'm considering stepping back from 22 miles... Geez.

The good news is that my foot feels pretty good after all that! I want to do a few "doubles" this week...

Monday: 30 minutes pool running

Tuesday: 23 min. (2.66 miles) elliptical, 22 min. weights/abs; 3.4 mile easy run and .8 mile walk after work

Wednesday: 32 min. (3.62 miles) elliptical, .25 mile walk; 5.28 miles on the treadmill and .3 mile walk after work

Thursday: 20 min. (2.2 miles) elliptical, 20 min. weights; 4.6 miles on the treadmill and .7 mile walk after work

Friday: 30 minutes pool running

Saturday: 10.3 miles @ 8:32 avg pace. Felt good to run long again! 

Sunday: Headed out to run... then turned around and walked home. Foot hurts... maybe I overdid it Saturday? 

Totals: 23.6 miles run, 8.5 miles elliptical, 1 hr pool running, 2.1 miles running and 2 x weights (42 minutes)

Mon.....3miles.......3miles

Tues....6miles......6miles

Wed.....9miles......9miles

Thurs...rest...........rest

Frid......6miles......5.5miles

Sat.......rest............rest

Sun.....13miles.....13miles

Total.....36.5 miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

I'm not sure whether to keep going or "step back." Hard to believe I'm considering stepping back from 22 miles... Geez.

The good news is that my foot feels pretty good after all that!

Which is the whole point in listening to our bodies (or our doctors) and letting things heal.  A month from now you won't be smacking yourself upside the head while you're sitting on the couch with the foot in the air covered with an ice bag saying, "Now why didn't I do what I was suppose to?!?"  Keep taking care of that foot, Erika.  It's gotta carry you around (running and walking) for a very long time.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Concert Mania Month begins and the burning question becomes:  will Eliz maintain her running and her sanity amid school concerts, community choir concerts, and professional gigs and still be awake through Christmas Eve services?

Monday - stretch/strength during House - another exciting Monday in the Eliz household

Tuesday - ran 4 and walked 1; coldest run so far this fall, but, wow, what a beautiful moonlit & starlit evening

Wednesday - straight from work to a rehearsal = rest

Thursday - re-run of Tuesday only slightly faster and warmer:  ran 4 & walked 1; another beautiful moonrise

Friday - wiped out from the extra rehearsals, so rested up for tomorrow's 7-miler

Saturday - ran 2.4 and walked 1.0 as the rain turned to big, fat, wet snowflakes - brrrrrr

Sunday - ran 7.2 & walked 1.0; temps in the low 30s, light wind, "abundant" sunshine

Week:  ran 17.6; walked 4.0; did strength 1x - week 5:  done!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Today officially starts my new training cycle.  And voila, my plan had to change.  Luckily, I borrowed something planned for  Friday, so I'm not behind.

M- 10 min. slideboarding, 5 min triggerpoint work (found another one hiding in my wonky hip)

T- 4 mi run

W- 5 mi run

T- 2 hrs wallpapering, 10 min stretching

F- 20 min triggerpoint work

S-1 mi run

S- 4 mi run, 4 hrs wallpapering

Totals: 10 min slideboarding, 25 min triggerpoint work, 10 min stretching, 6 hrs wallpapering, 14 mi running

Oh and Dutchie, to answer your question on December goals:

Start my training for the Shamrock Marathon in March.  AND,

Not loose my mind during the holidays and eat every speck of sugar I can find. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, and thanks Leslie for starting the thread again

And speaking of laughing at myself, I wore two different coloured socks yesterday, which noone noticed but me and I sure had to entertain my colleagues with that

It's a new month. Do you have any goals for December? Mine are:

• maintain a 10 mile long run on Sunday
                  • increase mileage on Tuesday back up to 7 kilometers
                  • increase mileage on Sat back up to 6.5 kilometers
                  • incorporate a 30min swim again on my Thursday off work (every other week)

Mon....rest day ---> I really needed the rest. Slept in too.

Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri --->I seem to have landed myself with yet another injury.  I googled my symptoms and looked here on RA and came up with a sort of tendonitis caused by shoes laced too tight. In my case, the elastic at the top of my shoes being too tight. That's my self-diagnosis for now and I'm sticking too it I've started taking anti-inflammatories and no running for a few days. And it seems a little better.

Sat......3K doggie run + 30min UB ---> 4K easy with the dogs in the pouring rain and a stiff wind. It's Sinterklaas today and I forgot to get the usual presents so had to go out and get them.

Sun.....10K race, just for fun ---> 4K easy with the dogs run in the drizzling rain. I was in no mood to go to the 10K race after running in the rain. But It stopped raining and I hopped in the car before I could change my mind. As this was supposed to be a race for fun I first found a nice comfortable pace. However, the runner in front of me was slower, so I passed him. And the runner after that and so on and so on, till after about 2 kilometers I found myself out of my comfort zone keeping up with a runner that I used as my pacer for the remainder of the race. What the ***** was I doing? But even when we were on the dike with the wind coming of the lake and it got really hard, I kept up. I wasn't gonna fall back. I wasn't gonna be passed by any other runner. No way. As it turned out, my pacer ran her best race cause she constantly could hear my feet hitting the asphalt, my bib flapping in the wind and on occasion, my breathing cause I was sooo close LOL. I'll admit though, there was a point on the dike with about 3 kilometers left to go where I was screaming in my head "get me off this dike!".

I didn't PR, but my finish time is pretty good.... for me 1:02:34 unofficially as yet. And I feel really good cause I did go and I did race 

Everyone have a great week and a lot of most excellent runs

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks again Leslie...

Mon-4 miles

Tue-Off

Wed-4 miles

Thur-4 miles

Fri-2.5 miles

Sat-4.5 miles

Sun-Off

Total=19 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                    pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 7.9 miles
                      T - 8.0 miles
                      W - 5.2 miles
                      Th - rest day
                      F - 8.1 miles
                      Sa - 8.3 miles
                      Su - 8.0 miles

Paul

dg.

thanks Leslie!    I know I'm late, but I was less late Thursday when I originally typed this. While I was making the days of the week bold (to face the cold without flinching) IE "experienced an error". 

um, please tell the editor.. Ha.  Very Funny. 

Dutchie, is your foot ok?

Eliz, having fun training?  I'm sorry but I forget... when is your marathon, & how long is your plan?

Nono knows how long her plan is.  .    How did your wallpaper turn out? 

back to Dutchie, good thought about goals for the month.  First I just thought mine was to come up with a definite plan for this marathon, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.  And there are some more doable important things, like being more regular & more systematic with my crosstraining, esp. the core work & pt exercises.  I always think I"ll do them in the evening & almost always run out of time.    Also, eating better, consistently.  so that is that.

this week so far...

Monday:    rest day.  walked & ran with Sadie about a mile & a half total.

Tuesday:  6.3 miles 10:43 pace (low heart rate , almost), 1/2 hr. walk with pup.

Wednesday:  5.35 miles with 11 fartleks. 1/2 mile doggie walk.

Thursday:   1/2 hr. each ellipticalling & recumbent biking, 35-40 minutes weights, stab. ball things, planks.

stretched & sticked later but I don't usually count that time.

Friday:  7.25 mile run, 10:23 pace,  1/2 mile walk. then a mile sadie walk later.

Saturday:  nothing so far!   eye appt. & errands.  have to fit in the core work, just don't know when. walked later, but no core work because I am a bum.

Sunday:  12.32 miles 10:13 ish  pace, ub weights & stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks (my favorite) & hammie curls.  assorted stretches & a whirlpool soak.     walked w/sadie later.  tired & achy & need a massage.

go Leslie!!!!!

yay Erika!!

& nice running evryday!

Dutchie, way to go!   so cool you did so well, esp. after not wanting to go in the first place! I'm happy about your foot Smile.

totals: (editor please to note these are posted with the given week.  hard to imagine, I know)

Run: 32.4 Mi
                        Bike: 30 minutes
                        Weights: 1:40 minutes
                        Elliptical: 30:minutes
                        walking: 5.4 Mi

will add to the goals... better workout logging.  there was assorted strength xt in there but I don't remember well enough just what & when.

Dutchie42

dg: the anti-inflammatories (piroxicam) work like a charm. I skipped two runs and so far did only two short doggie runs but the top of my foot feels much better.

Got a race coming up in two hours. I'm having doubts about going. Not because of the foot, not really. It's the weather. Torrential rain! I run for fun, not to get soaking wet just so I get to see how fast I ran 10K. My colleague bailed out last week. I'll probably finish last too. I checked last year's finish times. Most runners finished in sub 60 minutes. The slowest runner did it in 1h09. Right now, I'm lucky if I can do it in 1h09. Ah well, I still have time to decide Wink

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Nice race, Dutchie! Nothing like painting a target on the runner in front of you to turn on the steam! I've never heard of that anti-inflammatory you mentioned... glad it worked!