Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 12.26.17 (Read 35 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, still around!  Since I was visiting my family I tried to minimize time on the computer.  Today I made my drive back to NC and am back in my apartment.  Did a short 2 mile run before I left for the 11 hour drive.

Yesterday I adhered to my Christmas tradition of a trail run.  Turned into a jog/walk as DW and DS#2 and DW's new rescue German Shepherd came along.

Will try to catch up over the next several days.  Until then, just one personal....

Opus, got some news last week......looks like it will be sooner rather than later.

metalmancpa

Good evening,

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend, despite some setbacks noted 

Today I got in 6.2 miles in chilly Falmouth, 8:38/mile pace.

Christmas Day from 8AM-8PM I took my Dad. I decided to give the caregiver that shift off to be with family on Christmas. I'm not a big holiday person, and being Jewish renders Christmas unimportant to me (although important to my wife who is Protestant). Very tough being with his dementia, especially all day. I took my Dad first to Starbucks in his hometown. It had started to snow, and in the 1.5 hours we chilled there it snowed heavy and we had Thundersnow (3 lightning flashes along the way). After that took him 1/2 hour back to my house and we hung out with my DW and DD. By 2PM he was ready to go to his comfort zone, his house. DD came with me. Once there, I ran 6.2 on his treadmill (obviously not in use by an 87 y.o. with dementia). We brought in CHinese food. Caregiver came by 8PM and we headed home.

It was sad as we were heading back to his house at 2, he asked me how long he had been away from home, and if he had a suitcase. His memory is about 5 steps behind him. Once DD and I left I knew he had no recollection of the day. But he had many "in the moments" and that's all that counts. So even though I don't celebrate Christmas, there was a certain giving that held to the spirit of the holiday.

evanflein

That was a very bittersweet Christmas day for you, metalmancpa. Glad you could do that, whether dad remembers or not.

I ended up not getting outside today, and that's fine. It just never warmed up where I felt like I wanted to go out in it. So, 5.2 on the treadmill this afternoon. I really like having the time off work...

^^^^. Dear.....   while I love my family members ( we’ll, most of the time), I have not embraced those designations!

Aha! thanks!

metalman; good for you, I know the situation. Those few lucid moments seem minor, but they're home runs.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying