Masters Running

Wenatchee Marathon RR (Read 363 times)

What a day you had mariposai. The conditions sure changed a lot from cold and snow to decent weather. That and the hills made it a tough marathon (as though any marathon is anything else). The pictures of you, arf, the other boomers, and the scenery were great. Your normal bubbly personality sure came through in your report. Congtatulations. TomS
    evanflein

As I said on KR, you are amazing, wonderful and inspiring. A great run in tough conditions. Not a PR for time, but for everything else that counts (including a wonderful evening with wonderful boomers!!!).
        Marvelous Mariposai! You have an amazing and beautiful spirit and face each challenge with grace and strength. The photos tell the story! Good running and nice times with dear friends. Thanks for sharing another great journey with us. Karin
        btb1490

Mariposai, What a wonderful report as usual from you! It looked like you had sprouted your butterfly wings and were just floating along out there. It must have been tough to figure out what to wear with such varied conditions, maybe Spareribs will give you a free pass for having to tie something around your waist. Wink How lucky of you (and vice versa) to be able to run with Arf. A very nice day, thank you for sharing it with us! No mention of any breathing problems... so I'll assume all was ok. I'll bet the snow was sent just for you to keep the pollen away.
            Great report and great pictures. It is wonderful to see somebody having such fun at a race especially in less than ideal conditions! Congratulations on your race.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well done Ms. Butterfly Godess! How wonderful to have the opportunity to run with Arf too. I love your report with all the photos. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

hup

Mari .... it was fun to read your report and to see the pictures! Congratulations on your difficult but successful run! My wimpy self might have stayed in bed had I awakened to snow flurries ... you're one tough chica Smile
                arf

MM #405

Congrats on a fantastic race butterfly girl! It was so great to be able to keep pace with you for the first half! You are a strong and beautiful runner! Looking at the first photo, I still can't believe the size of those snowflakes! Shocked Thank you for making the weekend so special for me. Wink arf
                    Great run, especially being able to do it with friends. I know you didn't run that way, but the bare feet at the finish like sorta made me cringe. Onward and upward to a certain PR in your next marathon!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

wow - what an amazing day!! from snow to beautiful sunshine!! so glad you ran from your beautiful spirit within and enjoyed the day and the after party!! congratulations!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Great job, butterfly lady! I love your uplifting spirit, and the picures are beautiful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PJH

Terrific race, Mariposa! 6 marathons already ... something to be proud of for sure! Really enjoy the pics ... looks like you had a blast. Congrats again! PJ
                          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice smiles through what a change of weather.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bravo, Bravo, Mariposai.  I love the report and the pictures.  What a great race, and made even better by having all those friends with you.  I was actually thinking about you during part of that same time when I was running a little Day After fun run in town.  Bravo!