Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 02/20 (Read 433 times)

Top 'O the World!

Howdy everyone!  Got a powder day going on up here - all wknd -  ...so spa is quietish during the day just now... did get a little TM stuff earlier before a walk-in....Any of you is welcome to come here for some good quality massages....just sayin'....it's kinda nice apres ski ....

Jim - I am soooo jealous of your backcountry adventure!!!  I simply must take a lighter season again soon so I can play in the snow more. We're planning to hit WP then Breck this wknd (Sun/Mon)- Doug's birthday! Wanna come up?

Very nice pics Jewels!  You'll be fine. She's still in the same state!

Pictures Arla?  you description of Monterey sounds wonderful!

Carol - agree w/Leslie & others ref only "keepin things loose runs" before your half...any hard workouts now need a week to 10 days to fully recover the muscle character before a race...so no deep tissue massages either!

Joe - try some mushers wax on Buddy's feet...& I LOVE the faster sports too...some of our kids are doing fabulous this year!!  ...barrelling down the mtn @ 90+ mph!!  ON ICE!! Holy Crap!!   But I know a bit about what goes into the figure skating & respect the difficulty...& that you're supposed to look "gracefull" whilst kicking your own ass!  

Kevin   glad you're still alive too!  & not stress fractured!

Still getting some really nice mileage there Ev!  Me thinks the longish breaks certainly agree with you! .. Oh, & Sirius is off now so exploring the outter realms of our 11,000+ music library...Linkin Park & Nickelback are kinda okay to play hard by....

Is Leslie racing this wknd??  Well, good luck & prayers for a happy back if she is!!

Off to the hot tub for a quick soak before my ski bums land!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND everybody!!

C

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Off to the hot tub for a quick soak before my ski bums land!

Did somebody say "hot tub"?!?  I won't tell you what I'm thinking at the moment.  

Hey HEY hey - I'm here, made it through, the back, surprisingly, feels good.  Better today than it did after sitting all day yesterday driving.  Only laid down on the trail once to try and ease the tightness.  It was pretty funny.  People were running by, "Are you okay?"  "Do you need help?"  Karen's answer - No, she's fine.  (I just looked like I was dying).

Made it through the mud sucking run.  Lost my shoe at one point, but luckily it hung up on my toes or it might've been tough finding it.  It was reported that one runner left their shoes behind 'cause they were lost in the mud and ran barefoot the rest of the way (maybe half a mile), one person couldn't find a shoe.  I mean, this mud was thick and freaking grabby.

The run - Well Karen and I made a pact to do the whole thing together.  We've never run an entire race together, and since this was basically a training run - sure!  Well, the second half she started going downhill (ends up she was very low on salt).  It was really tough going for her - pooping, cramping, nausea - but we stuck it out together.  I'll tell you more about her melt down and the drama later.  If I'd been a $itch and left her behind, I think I could've finished in 6:50 to 7:00 hrs.  But I've been there before, feeling like something that washed up dead and rotting somewhere, it's lonely 'cause there's no one around for what seems like miles - it's very disheartening, discouraging.  But the main thing is, we finished - 8:26 - DFL hand in hand.

I'm pleasantly pooped, unpleasantly bloated (I always get bloated afterward), and am ready to hit the hay before the long drive tomorrow.

Will chat with you guys later ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Congrats Leslie and Karen........too bad Karen had all those problems on the 2nd half. Sounds miserable but you both stuck together as planned. That is exactly what we did last week, we started together we finished together. It wasn't a race this time, just a great adventure. For you two, it was a training run, and so glad to hear your back held up.

Way to go.....

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Great going Leslie!  What an experience for both of you!  Those friendship bonds will last a lot longer than a faster finish.  I'm sure you will have some awesome stories to share after you recover a bit. 

Cindy, glad you and Doug are going to get to play in the snow some. And thanks for the reminder on the need to recover / not go at much hard this week.  I plan to take that advice.

Total rest day today, including a nap after church.  Off to make some shrimp creole for dinner, as well as dish up some kibble and wet doggie food to the rest of the pack.

Progress Trumps Pefection