Masters Running

Econo! Tammy! Oregonians! (OT, sorta, but hopeful should look....) (Read 221 times)

So, I'm at the airport chit chatting with fellow passengers (I love airports, there's the suspension of time/reality and the fact that you truly have no control in life is writ large, which is just kind of liberating, ain't it?) and one of them is on his way to Portland. Boring ol' Aamos laments that it is prolly too late to see the true abundance and smell the frangrances at the Rose Garden when blondie to my left chirps up that he really needs to go to Voodoo Doughnuts, volunteering that you can even get married there. ....wait, get married at a doughnut shop? And it is NOT in Las Vegas? .........................and y'all have not advised your fellow RAers of this place??? ..........................................even in the week before Halloween? (the Voodoo thing) I mean, I hafta learn about this from airport strangers? I'm thinking we need a field trip down there during the RnR marathon in Seattle (did you catch that I've registered? I slipped it in my MCM rr as there was a discount at the Expo). IF it truly exists, that is. What's the scoop, girlfriends? grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    TammyinGP

I had to google that as I've never heard of it, Aamos. But now I think it's going to be one of my 'must stops' as I pass through Portland. Since Labduck lives in Portland and is a self professed doughnut afficionado. I'll have to ask him if he's familiar with this establishment. A glance at their menu, shows a few R rated doughnuts Shocked that remind me of a particular bakery in the Fremont district of Seattle Cool http://voodoodoughnut.com/index.php

Tammy

TammyinGP

p.s. yes, I did notice you registered for R&R and while I was hemming and hawing at whether or not I wanted to make such a long trip for a HM, you were the clincher for it Amy! Can't wait to meet you!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

MMMM, donuts! (Actually, I'm not crazy about donuts, but I just like to say that - reminds me of Homer Simpson.) My brother lives in Portland - I'll ask him if he's heard of Voodoo Doughnuts. I'd love to come join you all at Seattle (with a side trip to Voodoo) except that late June is usually a busy time for my daughter, with science camp and band camp. I'll see if it fits in our schedule when the time gets closer. Amy, I know what you mean about suspended reality at airports. I'm usually stressed right before a trip, with packing and driving to the airport, but once I'm there, the stress disappears, as I've given control over to the airline and it's out of my hands.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Voodoo donuts is near my university's new center in downtown PDX....so of course, "catering" for an event often requires a trip to Voodoo! Now, I hadn't heard about the marriage option, but that is very Portland. Yes Seattle RnR marathon...///noting on calendar///....hmmm
              Same-sex marriages, too, I'm guessing would be "very Portland?" woo hoo! Carolyn, come to Seattle!!!!
              Masters 2000 miles
                Can't wait to meet you!
                Ditto to the 84,000th power!
                Masters 2000 miles
                TammyinGP

Portland works hard at keeping and representing with accuracy its motto: "Keep Portland Weird"

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

OMG! Did you check out the apparel for sale?? You can buy "the magic is in the hole" panties!!! Shocked Thanks for calling me over here Aamos - I never even noticed this thread earlier. My seester is out in Seattle/Tacoma area - maybe I'll get over there too see ya'll one of these years!! And when I doo a trip to Voodoo is a must!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com