Masters Running

Happy Mon 11/24 Daily (Read 615 times)

Hmmm, yes, though they may not be sagging much unless she was born to be a triple M.
    Again - not a pretty visual for when she's lying on her back. Quite the mountain range. Egads!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sloppy Joes and lemon meringue pie? Damn! I want a metabolism like Tall has (but not a triple M bustline Big grin)
        200 pushups, 200 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist curls. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Maniac 505

Here is a link to the hand warmers I use, (I couldn't get their web site directly) http://www.amazon.com/Heatmax-Hot-Hands-Handwarmer-pairs/dp/B0007ZF4OA I once called the company directly to inquire about getting some shipped to Canada (1-800-432-8629) sounded like a one person operation, but they were very accommodating, As Amy indicated, I originally hoped to use them with my SCUBA dry gloves in the frigid waters of the Puget Sound, alas, they quickly use up the oxygen in the gloves and quit working. If you want to want to extend the life of the hand warmers, after your run, put them in a zip lock bag. they will quickly use up the O2 in the bag and stop working, when you take them out, they will heat up again. For gloves, I like these, not enough for the really cold weather, but good for about anything Seattle throws at you http://www.180s.com/pages/catalog_view.aspx?g=1%2c2&y=2&i=92&c=1 Tim, You have a great attitude for getting through this, I know how frustrating this is, I have to admit I didn't deal with my last injury well, and mostly just withdrew from the boards. I am trying to get back into posting here. My Pelvis stress fracture is an old story, it happened about two weeks before a BQ attempt, I did everything I could to maintain my fitness during my 7 month hiatus, (lots of HARD elliptical workouts, and I hate the elliptical), 5 months after I was able to run again I got my BQ. I have had a forced layoff for most of '08, I haven't handled it as well, and I haven't stayed in quite the same shape. End of December I thought I had a stress fracture in my heel, when it didn't get better, I finally went to a doctor, referred to a podiatrist. He diagnosed, Bursitis a steroid shot almost instantly cured me about 4 months since my last run. I began ramping my mileage back up while the foot doc made some orthotics. a month later the Orthotics ruined my feet and I was off for another 3+ months. I am now running well, with the Orthos, long run is back up to almost 20 miles, and I am optomistic about plodding through a Maui marathon in Janurary. Good running, and non running all. Dave
            Sheesh - it's hard to catch up here when I don't look 'til the end of the day! 5 miles this morning at 9:57 pace. DH: I am a fan of running skirts, and I don't worry too much about being taken seriously. I think it's too late for that, and I'd rather have fun in any case. I am hoping that I get a new running skirt for Christmas from my running buddy with the tattoo.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #3309

Another tip about hand warmers...and I have found it is fine to do. If in a hurry, I put them in the microwave for 5 seconds, then another 3 seconds....bam, their ready to go. I was worried the first time I did this, but nothing exploded or anything like that... just a few seconds at a time though, and it's the one's you have to take out and shake up. (you guys don't even want to know the other things I have experimented around with, and have it back fire Roll eyes Thanks divechief, nice to have you back posting Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Divechief - I think those are the very gloves I was wearing this morning - 180S convertable running gloves. You are right that they are great, and I wear them more than anything else, but for me they're not enough for the really cold weather. Those Hot Hands are also the very warmers that I get at WalMart - life savers for me. When it's really cold I tuck a couple of those in the ends of my Asics mittens, just barely touching my fingertips, so they warm the mittens without overheating my hands. But I do think I need to add some of those lightweight, wicking liners to my wardrobe...I'm going to run by Dicks this week and see if they have any in stock. I am SO looking forward to meeting you and Arf in June!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

munchkn883

7 mile brisk walk for me this afternoon. Feeling pretty good....back is talking to me on occasion.
                    I am SO looking forward to meeting you and Arf in June!
                    Arf is hot. I sat next to her at dinner last year in Seattle. It was the high point of my visit to Seattle for the half-marathon. That, and carrying Econo's jacket, gloves, purse, high heels, snacks, car keys, and toiletries kit for 13.1 miles while Econo, her load lightened, ran off far ahead of me never to be seen again till hours later when the post-race festivities were done and she needed her stuff back. Edited to add: But I don't like to complain. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    TammyinGP

Cool

Tammy