Masters Running

Monday, February 15 President's Day Runs (Read 398 times)

SteveP

Holy Taped Toes Holly!!!

Bill, it would be kewl to hear your group.

SteveP, you've been putting in some impressive miles lately! What's your next race coming up?

There's a little 8K, May 1st in Mary's neck of the woods. She's signed up as well. Tag hopes she brings Brinkley. DD#2 wants him to wear a tulip cape. I'm so ashamed.

Then there's a little race with about 3,700 of my closest friends. Flatish course along a picturesque Bayshore. 26.2 miles worth....Don't tell Tag.

Amy's post is making me hungry.

Today's a rest day though the dog is driving me nuts. He might be hooked.

It's winter in Virginia
    And the gentle breezes blow, 

70 miles per hour

At 25 below!

Oh, how I love Virginia
    When the snow's up to my butt;
    I take a breath of winter air
    And find my nose frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
    I guess I'll hang around.
    I could never leave Virginia
    'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Anon

SteveP

Good job on the LR, Holly.  Glad the taping worked on the toes.

Divechief - It's kinesio tape.  Whether or not you can buy it locally, I don't know.  I have to buy it online.  It stretches in one direction, so it moves with your skin instead of being stiff.  It's sort of waterproof, but that's only with like sweat.  If your feet are going to get really wet, you need to use something like tincture of benzoin to keep it on, which really keeps it on.

My back is really bothering me today.  It feels "pressurized" right around the tailbone area.  I think it was running on the road versus running on the trails, but the roads are in my future for the next couple of days.  I've been doing my exercises, but this just isn't healing fast enough for me.  I think I'm going to try and get into my therapist Thursday, not run on Friday, and things should (hopefully) feel decent for Saturday.  My goal is 6.5 hrs, and I sure would like to make it.

Have a great week, folks.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lamerunner

Belated Greetings! No run today, just skiied on new skis I got for my  birthday...

Yesterday though I skiied in the morning then did a long run I had been thinking about for a while. Wildcat ski area is  17 miles from the condo we rent for the winter.. The shoulders of the roads are pretty clear  these days, so I gave it a shot. My legs  balked a bit at first, esp around the knees after skiing, but I settled  in  and did the run in about 2:28.  The first ten miles are largely downhill, but there are uphill stretches, a hill I  never noticed in the car, and a very steep uphill mile at the end. Kind of windy, from all directions,  and lots of traffic, but not cold, and I survived.  Kind of fun to run down out of Pinkham Notch.

I am not getting in the mileage I should, but if I can get in the long runs I may at least survive  Boston.... Good runs to all!

evanflein

It is amazing the elevation changes you don't notice in the car that really make themselves known when you're running! Nice job on that run and I hope we get to meet in Boston.

45 minutes of pool running tonight. There was actually a guy in the lane next to me doing it, too! He said "Wow, I never see anyone else here doing this!" I told him he must not come at this time most Monday and Friday evenings, or he would've seen me!