Masters Running

Kicking off Dec, 12.1.16 (Read 25 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Scary fall, Holly, but I'm glad you were OK, and hope you are still OK today. I don't like headlamps either, but I wear one as much (if not more) to be seen than to see.

Tammy, any running is good running, and there is always next month.

Good 4 on the TM, Dave. I like the new shirt. And I hope the massage does the trick for your achy back.

Good pool run, TW. Are you playing "On The Road Again" often enough on your trips back-and-forth?

Wow, Hally - a good 5er at a civilized time, and in a tank top at the end of November!

TwoCat sure does love the Reach The Beach Relay - perhaps even more than those dark and rainy commutes on the CT highways and byways. Good work in the gym and with the CFS!

Once again our Conservation Commission has to go back to the Budget Committee for more review of our proposed 2017 budget. But this time, I'm not going! This'll be the 1st time in 7 years that I haven't gone to deal with the BudComm, and I'm not even remotely disappointed.

We've been working on a bathroom reno since August, and it is finally done. Looks good too. The next project (not scheduled yet) will be replacing the w-t-w carpet in our bedroom with a heated wood floor.

I started Dec. with a goose egg. It was raining this morning, and I didn't want to start the month with a rule violation. But I've also been dealing with some muscle aches in my right leg that just won't go away, regardless of whether I stretch, walk, rest or all or none of those. Very frustrating because I don't know what it is, and thus don't know how to remedy it. But I'll keep working on it and hopefully resolve it soon.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Head Procrastinator

Happy December, Jay! Sure hope you get to the bottom of your muscle pain.

Ummm.....Matt? Steak is already a sometimes treat, frying it and serving it with a cream gravy....yeah my cardiologist will be thrilled....NOT!

Fried chicken, biscuits, creamed spinach, mac and cheese, all yummy too. And again, not on my list of regularly scheduled meals for health and weight reasons.

Wasn't feeling like a street run and the boardwalk was soaked and puddly so I did elliptical for 30 mins.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

coastwalker good for you skipping that meeting. Do they actually hold votes or just yak?

hally  What is a little life shortening meal between friends?

When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. I am beginning to think podiatrists should have that saying hammered onto their office doors. I have been to podiatrists twice in my life. Two different ones. Both said the same thing, I need a really expensive orthotic for my shoe. I put in a medium priced one after getting it as a temporary from the first podiatrist. Made things worse. My orthopedist told me to get a cheap one with less arch. Worked like a charm. I go to this new podiatrist, again I need a really expensive orthotic. I have a temporary medium priced one in the meantime, as I refused the expensive one. Over the last hour, I am beginning to think these just make my toe feel worse. The x-rays did not show any fracture lines in the area. I am thinking this is either a stubborn case of tendinitis or the start of some sort of arthritis. I am rooting for the first and I think I am going to treat it that way for at least two more weeks.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

Lots of craziness at work today.  Computer stuff blowing up.  But I think I have all the fires put out.

I was able to fit in my scheduled massage. I have had 3 massages at my chiropractor office and 3 different therapists.  I liked this last one the best.  It helps that she is a runner who also has back problems.  

Other than some sets of a core workout I have no other workout plans today.

...jay//.........good luck figuring out what that is......

twocat//..I got lucky, my First podiatrist was a Running Buddy, the rest have been downhill from there....

==========

but I digress......

40-min PoolRun

back to Knock-Xville for the final time (On Active Daddy-Duty)

called the FleetFeet in knoxville,

they DO

have Bondi-5 in Wide>>>>>>in 8.5 and 14>>>>>>sigh

...........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

I survived November at work!  However, by the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to have a complete meltdown.  But I did not, and I survived.  Now I have met the eligibility and filing deadlines, I have to begin the real work - processing and documenting the cases.  And starting on my December deadlines.  

No run for me today.  The foot is still a bit sore, so I thought a nonrunning day was in order.  30 minutes of weights and core instead.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."