Masters Running

Labor day Monday, 9.5.16 (Read 36 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Anybody got a 4 week marathon plan?

MikeE-

1.  taper all year until three or four days before the marathon.

2.  Then take a 13.1 mile run,

It worked for me for twenty-five years

until I realized it didn't do any good so stopped.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Buerhle, I hope your recover as quickly as possible.

yippee, the interval timing worked.

At one photo every 30-seconds, from 7:22 am - 7:25 am,

got five photos of a black bear nosing around in the rapids

for salmon before circling around in the shallows

and walking by so close to the camera

that it looked like a black-out.  

DD#3 and SIL received a trail cam. DW and I picked up a bunny costume and visited the sight one Saturday before Easter. Since then, DW has been making sure there  is a costume available.

Bertha, If my DW had a seizure, I'd be flipping right out. The taper dreams are a silly annoyance.

Keep dancing Henrun.

Hallar, our garden has gone bonkers. We've always had problems with critters getting into it. We've planted marigolds because deer don't like the smell. This year, I saw mothballs on a grocer's shelf and though, what have we got to loose? Bought a box and scattered them around the garden. About once a month. The bees don't seem to mind. However, zero critter damage and most other bugs have left it alone. Very minuscule grasshopper damage.

Holly, I like that you spent time with your Dad. Our loved ones will screw with our serenity.

Sunday, the dog and I hit a new trail. The views were nice. My broken toe was still barking, so we hiked.  I didn't hesitate to answer the phone when Dad finally returned my calls from hurricane impacted Florida. He's well but frustrated.

Tag laid down in a very small pond to cool off. That's where he discovered bullfrogs! He'd try chasing them with his head under water. When he popped up for air, he had an excited WTH look on his face.

Last Christmas, DW and I booked the kids a pontoon boat and jet ski. We are attempting to give opportunities for bonding and memories instead of stuff that becomes clutter. DW and I were on baby sitting duty. The first weekend got rained out. The marina told the kids that, if they could wait until Labor Day Monday, they's upgrade to a larger pontoon and pay for a tank of gas on the jet ski and pontoon.

DW and I babysat the toddlers on the pontoon. We were one of just a few boats on Big Glen Lake. 

Above the jet ski and to the right, there is a Bald Eagle with a large fish. I've seen the birds with various meals before. This is the first time I saw one actually catch it's lunch.

SteveP