Masters Running

Sunday May 2nd Runs, etc. (Read 634 times)

Congrats Karin   & only 13 days after a great performance in Boston, you are an amazing runner.   

Pittsburgh half today  Goal 1:52  last year 1:54:14   This year 1:55:18   

DW  goal 2:05  last year  1:59:15  This year  2:10:02 

Oh well it was still a wonderful weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Maniac 505

lots of hot races out there today

Ribs, Congrats on a fine race.

Holly,  I agree the Monkey is a beautiful course.  I can't pick a favorite but it is in my top three.  I don't know what kind of SWAG they offer now, but when we did it a couple years ago one of the two shirts and the bib were personalized.  Trent had a stack of extra bibs at the start that had the name "bandit" on them.

CNY  CONGRATS!!  most of us can only dream of it.

Francesca, Jon and I ran the Tacoma marathon today,  We asked the race director if he can turn the wind off and turn the temperature up a notch or two next year.   Hilly course,  conditions almost perfect exceptionally well run race.

another 4:30 and change for me.

TammyinGP

nice racing Dave! Glad Jon finally got in a race too - he's been tapering for such a long time now!

and Happy Birthday to Lou and kudos on your and PDR's racing also. And Ribs and the Saint had wonderful performances today, as did CNY. Sounds the weather back east is awfully hot and humid.\ and Sarge and wife - you might have missed your goals a bit, but you probably still had a good time.

I wish I could have sent our weather your way today. Absolutely wonderful. I bet the Eugene racers had a great time. I went out for a 12 mile run. Told myself to run at least 10 and anything over that was just because I felt like it. It was a great run. Clear and slightly cool (maybe around 50 when I was running this morning) just perfect.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks divechief for the rides back-and-forth to Tacoma from Seattle for the Tacoma City Marathon. 

In particular, you made it possible to run it anyway in spite of what-turned-out-to-be somewhat

mixed up weekends for both of us.

Note: to everybody.  Divechief ran a strong and steady 4:30 or so and,

instead of rushing back to Seattle as he needed to do and letting me take the bus,

he waited until my 5:50 finish. . . . . . . .  Don’t tell him my Yakima time in March was 6:40!

The course reminded me of the mix of residential, industrial, business, mall, river/ocean views

and downtown environs of the Bellingham, Olympia, Vancouver and Portland Marathons

but with lots of parkland through Pt. Defiance Park ala Stanley Park in beautiful British Columbia..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Glad Jon finally got in a race too - he's been tapering for such a long time now!

thanks tammy but, ahem, doing two runs April, to say nothing of three in March

and one each in January and February  is a not exactly tapering.

however, you're just doing great on your training.

is laura coming to Newport?

does she like oysters?

I'll probably focus more on oysters than running this month.

i don't want to waste a single one at the Newport Oysgterfest & Marathon on June 5..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

sorry Jon, didn't realize you had been running so much! guess that's what I get for not checking in here all the time.

Yes, Laura will be at Newport - it's her 2nd marathon also. and no, she doesn't like oysters, neither do I. yuck. guess you'll get lots of extra oysters then!  i'll have the beer and clam chowder at the finish though!

Tammy

Was just skimming through here 'cause I need to get to bed, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOUI!!!!!  

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I need to get to bed too, but wanted to throw in my ^5's for CNY on her win in hot icky conditions and to WRFB, PDR and Spareribs for their most excellent half marathon runs today. Lou, Happy Birthday and so glad you were able to run your race today, PW or not, and not have problems. So you can start rebuilding from here right?

Tammy, your run today sounds a lot like mine, but I ran 11.5 miles till I really had to stop. I'd dropped DS2 and his friend off at soccer practice (2 hours scheduled) and figured I'd have plenty of time for a 12 mile run and walking cool down. But at 2 miles, I was hit with a restroom emergency, and a cloudburst! What luck that the Hampton Hotel was right there because I really wouldn't have made it next door to the McDonalds! So I used the restroom, and waited in the lobby for the cloudburst to pass. When it looked like just sprinkles, and blue sky was coming up, I headed back out for a total of 11.5 miles. I'd wanted to do 12 or more, but when I ran by the school where they were practicing, I saw my car doing circles in the parking lot!! Guess that means they were done early. 11.5 miles @ 8:21 avg pace (?), no walking cool down as I had to get in the car with mr. impatient and go home.

Seems whenever I run without concern about pace, I end up with 8:21 average. It's just about weird... 8:40's on the way out, 8:15's on the way back (gradual uphill on the way out, reverse on the way back) and I end up with 8:21 average. Strange. 

I look my best blurry!

I can't sleep!  Just want to jump in and say Hi to Sarge and his DW.  We will have to meet sometime!  Bummer it didn't happen this weekend.

Karin - WOW!  I am so impressed.  26.2 is calling to me and you are an inspiration!