Masters Running

Saturday 12.2.17 (Read 38 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yup--TVs seem to be disposable.  Like a lot of things these days.  our last TV had a power supply fail and the repair place in town basically laughed at me when I asked about getting it fixed.  We ended with bigger, better definition, and smarter than the old one for a couple hundred less.  Isn't technology wonderful. 

3.1 miles around the lake.  Didn't make it out yesterday when I could have started December in shorts, but 31F still felt nice in tights and long sleeves.  Actually felt a little quick this morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Yeah, we had one we gave our son when we got a newer one and it didn't last very long. Half the picture was black. Didn't know what to do with it so off to electronic recycling it went. Drives me nuts, but everyone said it would cost more to have it fixed than to buy a new one. There's really something wrong with that.

Nice day today, temps in mid to upper teens. Made the roads super slick though. Got my haircut this morning, then shopping and a visit with my folks, then home for a 5.6 mile run in the hills. Oh geez am I out of hill shape! But it was a good run, no light, no reflectives, no balaclava, it was nice. Then we spent about an hour or so shoveling snow and scraping up hardpack from the driveway by the garage. Got a lot done, but hope I didn't over do it... I would like to run tomorrow!

Well, crap.  We've only had this TV for about 5 years and it wasn't cheap.  It's 72" and I believe an LED.  We don't exactly have a couple thousand dollars to buy a new one.  I'm gonna have to do some research.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

metalmancpa

11.44 miles in 1:38:28 (8:37/mile). I chose a route I normally don't take, through the center of town around 4 miles from my house. The Lions Club was having their holiday weekend with bouncy house, a few rides, etc for kids. My DS & DIL took both grandsons there, and I timed it to take a few minutes out of my run to say Hi. They came over the house a bit later.

But that was not the highlight of my day. Mowing the lawn was.

John Deere X370

I had this delivered yesterday, and did the lawn with it today (more like final fall vaccuum). It replaced a 17 y.o. Snapper Hydro. What a step-up. Power steering where I can use a finger to steer. Hydraulic deck lift to raise/lower the deck over roots on the fly without a manual lever. On a regular summer mow without any yard clean-up, with the rider takes about 1.5 hours. I needed a rider, and the Black Friday deal helped me pull the trigger. $4,000 (gasp), but my CPA brain did the math and I feel it was worth it. Not a box store model ("D" series), but a power equipment/dealer model ("X" series). What a joy to ride.

TV parts are cheap, the labor cost is high. Technical know-how and a few tools are needed. Some things cannot be replaced because they are fused at the factory.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Marathon Maniac #957

Metalman - that's a heck of a ride!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

weird - thought I posted this .... 5.2 consistent miles with a SS friend --- only 6 seconds separated our fastest mile with our slowest mile!!

denise