Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 4.24.18 (Read 42 times)

dg.

Welcome Sees-the-ground!   I haven't been around in quite a while, but I get the impression that you're a new kid : ).    congrats on crossing 5000 this morning!  & I'm glad you're over your illness.. happy running

Too much same ol' is boring, so this morning I was stupid again... not large scale because it was only 3.1 miles, but i hurt before I left (tw, shhh) and I've paid for it all day.  back is kind of shivery and shaky & raw feeling.  don't know what that means!   Still, it sure felt good to be out there!

That fancy raincoat brings to mind relays... any potential use there?   : )
    speaking of relays, twokitty, are there any on the horizon?

hi Jeanne!   what are you having treated?   My most recent PT was a big fan of dry needling, she did treat my back & my knee but I didn't see much difference.   Hope you keep improving.

Grampy Steve, loved the dog pics & stories,  Marley made me smile.   Thanks for the chiro suggestion.  & your Sunday post.  say hi to Taggie. does he remember going out for ice cream?     "DW saved us a good deal of money on some flooring. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it until l can take a weekend and tear out the carpet we saved money on three years ago."  : D

Jay I agree re Newhart.   understated is also probably why we like him.

Henry,  yay!  for sproinky & all.   hope you & marj are both a lot better.

Erika yay you too for increased miles,  & maybe even more for taking rest days when you need them.  wow. 

When I saw Holly's pic of her DD  I thought the same thing you did.  I think I have that saved somewhere.

aw, thanks Nancy.   sending knee hugs.   How is the E.P. these days?

C-R

Sorry about the leg Karen. Hope it gets better.

Welcome aboard Sees the Ground. Is Ribs still collecting fees?

A $3000 coat? WTH. Seriously. That's one installment of college bill. And it's see through? So is saran wrap and its a little less expensive.

I managed a 10k today but the back flared a little. I think I found the source. My home office chair. I've been in the Lazy Boy for a bit after foam rolling and its much better. I now have some serious empathy for people suffering with back issues. Wow.

rant on/ DS1 is a great kid and a blossoming runner. Maybe even a D1 level. However, he just floats through the ether some days. DW and I went to senior night home track meet in the rain to support the kids and watch him race. After a couple of hours of watching vaults, hurdlers, 400's, relays and the like I saw the coach and asked when he was running. Coach mentioned he wasn't running tonight since he was running in the Conference Championships on Friday. Oh boy. Went home and he's doing homework and his comment was "I mentioned I was running on Friday" like we would know he was being rested. He and his twin are really book smart but they sure have some communication issues and life lessons to learn. No harm no foul and DW and I got a good laugh about it. First world problems. Teenagers. rant off/

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

spacityrunner

3.2 slow miles around the neighborhood mostly after sunset.  Love that time of the evening, a stillness comes over the landscape and the night sounds ramp up...but its light enough that you can still see without a headlamp.  Magic when the timing is just right.

Trails Rock!

Sounds wonderful, Liz!

C-R - A friend of mine is really smart, but her common sense is severely lacking.  She often leaves me scratching my head with a  look on my face. 

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Welcome Sees The Ground. SteveP, a Northern MI. waddler here. I hope you find fellowship in this little corner of the cyber world.

Thank you for the link Fatozzig. I didn't see any Batman shirts.

C-R - Please tell me the twins want to open a copy shop. I need to bug the kids into breeding DW and I twin grandkids. Bob and Re-Bob would be greta names.

SteveP

SteveP

Erika- When I saw Holly's pic of her DD  I thought the same thing you did.  I think I have that saved somewhere.

aw, thanks Nancy.   sending knee hugs.   How is the E.P. these days?

With the pink boots.

Last summer, DW and I started cutting a maze through the 8ft tall brush out front. It starts behind a 15' tall blue spruce. The start symbol blocks a counter clock wise spiral that dead ends after three loops. The trail dead ends at a clump of jack pines toward the right. Until the last few years, it was where the Easter Bunny hid stuff for the grandkids. It's too dense to get through now. I'd like to clear some of the trees in the center for the screaming little carp factories to play around in. Perhaps we can occasionally hide treasures out there. It exits behind a small section of fence. Both the entrance and exit are not noticeable even if you're staring at them. The kids will have to stumble upon them or straight up look.

Tag and I measured it last night. It's .24 miles if you wander every step.

SteveP