Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 9.17.13 (Read 49 times)

Mariposai

OrangeMat, great to see that you will be running the Ave of the Giants! It will be so cool to finally meet you in person.

Wildchild, evenn with a camera crew and personal makeup artist I would not look as good as you do in your race pictures. Way to rock, yet another marathon.

Tramps, thanks for the post.

Spareribs, where did you listen to Lyriad? That must have been a great experience.

Erika, when is Equinox?

Ohh, I am so glad to finally be friends with Jay on Facebook!

Tetsujin, you can always fly to Macedonia to do a tri with my son David. Speaking of him, he arrived there safely and now he is in language immersion schoool.

This is just a fly-by post to send extra butterfly hugs to Holly and her family and to wish a belated happy anniversary to Jay and Mrs. Jay. Your description of the setting for your special date sounds lovely and romantic!

Speaking of the moon, she was calling my name for a run last night, but I was too tired to even walk up Kermel grade (which I often do under a full moon) to enjoy her presence.Suffering jet lag galore here so I ignored my alarm this morning. I am hoping to go out with the Easy Pacer for a few miles after work, but then again, I may just stay home and make some pickled green beans since I came back home to a bumper crop that need to be process asap.

Fall is in the air around here. The foliage are turning yellow, which means the garden season is almost over. Speaking of season, I had a blast helping twocat set up his "Halloween Village". I know that he had shared a picture of his village here. Let me tell you, the collection is even more impressive when you can see it in person. The collection is very impressive and some of the pieces are very funny, like the lazy bone one and the born to rock.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

C-R

Hey everyone. Been a while. Very busy with work and coaching a travel soccer U14 girls team (as well as following my boys travel team). I've also been nursing a bad ankle for the better part of two months. It will keep me from running USAF this weekend but that's ok. It finally felt good this week and there is some light. So if anyone want to run as me on Saturday in Dayton - you're welcome to it. I'm going to watch ND-MSU with my daughter as a father-daughter day.

I'm sorry to hear Holly but hang in there. We will likely be there in a bit and it's good to talk to friends about the process. Prayers your way.

Nice advice Tramps.

I still remember meeting OM after her first marathon in Disney. Now look at you. You're a long run machine.

Carolyn - that was awesome and some nice pics.

Good to see things are still so active in here and that Jay is as usual up before the chickens and milk delivery folks to start the day.

Here's hoping to post more and run more. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

Wildchild, even with a camera crew and personal makeup artist I would not look as good as you do in your race pictures. Way to rock, yet another marathon.

Yeah, right, butterfly lady, whatever you say... Smile

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed this picture from your FB page!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Here are a few pictures from the relay:

This first one shows the hand off to Mariposai for her night time leg.

Night leg hand off to Mariposai.

Post race at the beach with our teammates from the Green Line (a.k.a. Van 1).

Post race at Hampton Beach with the Green Line.

Now for one of the best photos of the RA meet up (at least in my view!).  From left to right: Mariposai, Twocat, Coastwalker and Deez4boyz.

RA Masters at Hampton Beach.

Finally here is the whole team post race at the Orange Line (a.k.a. Van 2).

The Rosie Ruiz Fan Club relay Team 2013 in front of the Orange Line.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Speaking of air-borne. This guy is so fast that it was a miracle we took any picture of him on the course.

Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Very cool pictures!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

posie - please tell David we miss him

zdravo David.

kahkoh steh?
                did you get a velosiped yet?

With this past weekend being the annual Kirkland Triathlon we've been doing for the last couple of years, you and your Chacos on all three legs were sorely missed but those of us who go shoeless for all three legs.

We already know the beautiful goddesses are fast runners boo but it appears that Mr.Twocat doesn't run like it seems he runs when he writes about how he runs. Maybe if I could learn to write like he does, I could start telling the goddesses  that I can run like he does too. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for both.  oh well.

<<<(GbH)>>>.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Ah, get over it, Tet. It's all ingoodnfun. We all knew Twocat was fast, but that airborne shot is pretty cool!

and yes, Carolyn always takes awesome race pictures, and shi'a tells us it's just because she's cherry picked them. Yeah, right. But I agree that Mariposai takes great race pics, too. Thanks for the photos, all of you!

Today I ran an unintentional progressive pace 6.4 mile run starting at around 8:38 and ending at 7:11 before heading back up the hill. Just felt good to do that, but it's the last run of any "quality" until the race on Saturday.

Mariposai, Equinox is this Saturday, and we're expecting snow!

SteveP

Finally here is the whole team post race at the Orange Line (a.k.a. Van 2).

The Rosie Ruiz Fan Club relay Team 2013 in front of the Orange Line.

Who's the chick in the yellow? If I were single......

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Great shot - looks like you are flying!

Speaking of air-borne. This guy is so fast that it was a miracle we took any picture of him on the course.

Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."