Masters Running

Sunday, 5.8.16 (Read 36 times)

My dog started pooping in the house one day, and I couldn't figure out why until I went out into the backyard and realized I hadn't picked up the poop in 2 or 3 weeks (it was winter, dark and so I couldn't do it after or before work - just weekends and I would forget) - he had used up every 3 foot spacing out there and had run out of room!  Mystery solved.  Gross, yeah.

I was at the cabin this weekend.  Burned a lot of dry sticks and pruned tree limbs from last year in the fire pit.  That was fun.  Hot tub was fun.  Mr. Blue Eyes had ridden his bike out there on Friday - an 8 hour 115 mile ride plus 2 ferries and then he tacked on a short trip up to a pretty river.  I was kind of jealous of his adventure.  He got there about 4 or 5 hours before me as I had to work.  Saturday I did a 10 mile run at Big Creek.  Two 5 mile loops.  I was happy that I felt good after the first loop (there is about 900 ft of climbing in the first 1.5 miles), and so I did another loop!!  Which I have always wanted to do, but usually I am just too wiped out and so go along a flat road after.  But nope, made myself do that stupid steep hike again and run down.  My quads were trashed after the run down.  I passed a group of leisurely hikers on the second loop that I had passed on the first loop.  They asked me if I was training for something.  Funny, non runners always assume you must be training for something to want to do multiple loops of a course or to run that long.  I said "no, not really".  But then I mentioned I am doing a race on that trail in August.  So I guess I do have some reason!

Then got home and we went to Home Depot to get new elements for the hot water tank.  MBE helped me install them and fingers crossed, I think the dang thing is fixed!!!

My kids, who had been with ex all weekend, didn't get me anything - said they had homework to do, or some lame excuse.  I gently reminded them that there are lots of nice flowers blooming in the backyard.....and foot massages are always welcome!  And chocolate, of course!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."