Masters Running

Sat 4/12 Master Boomers (Read 517 times)

Hiya! People, we had snow yesterday and more snow today. Angry This is way beyond 6weeks of winter the groundhog predicted, OK? This is not helping matters at all, at all, no no no. 8 Ball YUK! Tammy, a PR, so Cool Cool! And congrats, Tim on your race Big grin Big grin! Holly, I swear I am not copying you, only just tuned in now--but in an effort not to implode, went off to a walk-in place and had my hair chopped off short. It's basically less than an inch in the longest places. Seemed like a good idea at the time--you know, don't have to pack the hair scrunchies and pins, not to mention not needing to fit hair conditioner in the plastic bag (be careful packing those gels, all). It is pouring in Boston right now--I know b/c I have XM radio so I can listen to the Sox and they're in a rain delay, leading the Yankees 4-3 in the 8th. Mary, good luck with your puppies to be--hope the little mom is ok. I enjoyed your website, thanks for posting it--the DH is on the board of the Humane Society here, so I hear lots of rescue stories about critters that are not treated well. It's lovely to see yours, and to hear about Tory and all the other Boomer pets that are so loved. (I am in the process of forgiving Frank for chewing up my Memphis marathon bag--it was a good one, with a rope cinch--while I was out doing a measly 5 miles, now that it stopped snowing. In fact, we need to go for a walk, so I'll have to sign off.) btw, Tall--that idea about the column and dating--be sure you advise future dates that they may up in print Shocked --especially if it is a relationship you want to pursue! grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
      It's final--Sox 4, Yankees 3!
      Masters 2000 miles
        btw, Tall--that idea about the column and dating--be sure you advise future dates that they may up in print Shocked --especially if it is a relationship you want to pursue! grins, A
        Yea.....otherwise the lady may get the idea she is just another "pretty paragraph" Sox over the Yankees is ALWAYS good news. Big grin
        Vista
          btw, Tall--that idea about the column and dating--be sure you advise future dates that they may up in print No names will ever appear in print...I am not that brave. Time for dinner. After that tough 35K run today I had steak and eggs and was not hungry until now...some nice chicken salad will do. Nice to have the night to myself..no kids, no dates..just me and my achy legs and a few brewskies. Tomorrow is a rest day...and I get to go to a brunch my coach is holding for everyone he coaches plus get to see my parents that are finally back after the winter in Portugal. Aamos I hear you on the snow we had some today and it looks like the Ottawa most snow record may fall this year...Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.Not Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

btb1490

Good evening gang! deez- you are awesome, you know that? I'll bet you were dying for one of your naps in the car. THanks for all you are doing for the marathon! Take care of yourself though please! Jeanne- yuk on your weather! Don't you know what time of the year it is? Send me your ice cream, I'll take care of it for you! The good Lord put it in your freezer, and btb will take it away. Mariposai- good vibes to you and your long run tomorrow, may your lungs serve you well. lyndenrunner- anything in the mud is good memories! Nice, speedy run today! Dave- I'm very impressed that you got your run in! Well done! Sarge- good news about the virus being gone. Ease back into it. No sliding in lacrosse, it's best to stay on your feet, although the girls didn't know that yesterday. Ribs- I can picture you shaking and dancing all over the place! I'm glad things are still going well for you... what is this, 5 weeks now? Perch- those early season warm runs are tough. No worries, ok? You're too tough to DNF Boston, perish the thought. dtoce- you seem to be handling your layoff remarkably well. I hope you are doing ok. PJH- he who controls the remote is king! Great sounding night! biketm- I am SO glad you got your keyboard fixed at home! AWESOME run Tim! In less than awesome conditions! And all this at the heels of a tough week of training. It seems you have your legs back again! Smile THanks for the report! BCMorant- are you ready to get speedy next week? Tammy- Yay yay yay! A great time and no real issues with the leg! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the icing and the other stuff, and you'll be fine for your marathon. Thanks very much for taking the time to check in with the great news! Paul- Enjoy your taper. You are ready! hopeful4ever- puppies! WHat a nice mother's day present that will make. Keep that blog updated with pictures please. dromedary- what's wrong with a beer at that hour? Wink Maybe it was orange juice in a beer can? I'm glad you liked the pictures, but they don't compare to the one you posted the other day. No mention of asthma problems, so I'll take that as a good sign! enke- Happy birthday to you son! I hope you survive the party. Don't step on those lego peices, they hurt! Still got your legs? breger- Kick some butt tomorrow on your 20 miler! Ribs- any blisters from the shoveling? Who are Crenshaw, Seve and Jack? Are they golfers or something? evryday- Hi sweetie :P Mariposai- if you run out of things to clean... head my way. Tallrunner- bummer about the concert. dg- you don't have to be observant to notice the obvious! Soreness can come 24-48 hours after an activity. Hopefully that's all you feeling is that. I want royalties from you for my posts. Peter- Congrats on the four-oh for the week! CNY- pillow creases.... classic! I can't imagine why you are tired? It's not like your running 70 miles a week or anything like that. At least baseball season is outside, and hopefully warmer than hockey season was. vista- good job breaking away from the masters, that mustn't have been easy. halllar- I'll bet you have a great run tomorrow after getting the kinks out today. enke- glad you survived, and how cool about meeting two new potential training partners! Aamos- that post from you was almost normal. What's up with that? Had a really nice walk with pooch in the Fort Corchaug preserve this afternoon, tons of birds chirping away, great scenery. This was after tons of yardwork, in between downpours and lighting bolts. I have a giant propane torch that I use to burn away weeds, it was fun firing that thing up. There is something about the bond between man and fire. The ankle is quite sore tonight, I overdid it. Lacrosse game tomorrow AM, at home thankfully. Should be a mudbath. Have a good night everyone!
              Tim - congratulations on finishing first in your AG. You must be pumped! Mary - your pictures of "the kids" were great. I sure wish we had a dog. John Doe (our goldfisth) is just not a good running companion. Tall - you know what's great? You are so comfortable in your own company. You don't need dates or whatever. You seem to be perfectly content just hanging out by yourself. A sure sign of a guy who knows where he's headed in life. Nice run today, by the way. Popped some Aleve and hopefully, a glass of pinot grigiot will lead to a good night's sleep and a good run tomorrow. Enjoy your evenings, everyone. Jeanne
                Rest day for me. Did the long (for me) run last night because forecast called for thunderstorms this morning. Woke to streaming sunshine and a light breeze, although it did shower a few times and I did hear some rumbling. Treated myself to a deep-tissue massage to try to get some of the stress out of my neck and shoulders - wow, I feel like I've been beaten up. Apparently the running is doing wonders for my psyche, but not nearly enough to prevent me from holding stress in my shoulders, neck, and jaw. Going to have two more massages between now and the end of the school year - cheaper than therapy, and it feels better. Smile Nono - the "first groomed sand of the season" sounds like my kind of sign of spring. Glad your tendons are happier. Holly - as long as you still recognize yourself, the hair thing sounds good. I'd highlighted mine for several years and decided to go darker last fall. It's pretty close to my real color, given that the roots don't show like they did when I was being a (fake) blonde, but for the first weekend after I went dark, I did a double-take every time I looked in the mirror. Deez4 - Boston-bag-stuffing sounds like fun. Hope you're feeling better. PJH - I seem to remember learning in some ed psych course that male brains aren't hard-wired to multi-task to the extent that female brains are. It seems this doesn't hold true when watching multiple sporting events is involved. Glad you had fun channel flipping with your guys. Tim and Tammy - awesome races today. Only need to run 2 tomorrow for my highest mileage week ever. You lot are constantly inspiring me to greater achievements! Big grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

PJH

PJH - I seem to remember learning in some ed psych course that male brains aren't hard-wired to multi-task to the extent that female brains are. It seems this doesn't hold true when watching multiple sporting events is involved. Glad you had fun channel flipping with your guys. Eliz
                  Here's one someone sent me a while ago that I think explained things well. http://www.marriageresourcecenter.org/videogallery/4/lg/VideoWidget8.htm Cheers! PJ
                  evanflein

Late post of today's run... 8 miles that were supposed to be easy, but the snow we've had recently made that impossible. I wore my "Spikeys" and they helped on the ice, but not the deeper soft snow. Had that running in cornstarch feeling again for the first part, and the last. Didn't want to go back up the bikepath so headed up a steeper road but at least the snow was packed down by tires. What the heck happened to spring? It was so nice earlier this month... and it's all turned to crap. Angry Tall, nice job on the running. And congrats on the quiet night at home alone. I love that, but hardly ever get to do it. Enjoy! (and good thing on taking it slowly... not easy for you, I know) Eliz, congrats on your highest week ever!
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Erika and Aamos and Jlynne, I hear ya on the crappy weather - it's still snowing here too. Sad I spent an hour or so shoveling this morning, and went to the rec center to run on the indoor track. I did 800 meter intervals, with an 8:40 pace on the fast parts and 10:40 pace on the slow parts. Felt great! 4 miles total. DH and I are still finishing our taxes. He runs his own business, and is terrible at recordkeeping, so it's always like this at tax time. Oh, well. Running helps keep me sane. G'night, sweeties! Wink

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

What the heck happened to spring? !
                        We are all asking the same question sistahh, but I am so proud of you. You are my inspiration. Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard